Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by LtisNo1
Quote:
Charlie Weis
he is not on the hot seat.
You got a reason other than your supreme knowledge?
well he has had better records the past few years and has brought in two recruiting classes better than willingham brought there. When he got there there the roster was not deep at all and I think that the heads of the school know that or whoever hires the players. I think that he will have atleast 2 more seasons before the pressure really gets put on him.
He has a good record, true, but has done mediocre in games that actually count. He's done great recruiting and that's why I think he'll have a good season this year, but that doesn't mean he isn't on the hot seat. The head of the school doesn't hire anyone, much less players. Player hiring goes on at Oklahoma.
yeah my bad that was a typo I meant hire coaches
Old 02-19-2007, 12:33 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bobby Bowden will never be fired. He'll coach Florida State until he leaves on his own terms.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Zyro_1014
Pro Bowler

Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.Zyro_1014 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz
Bobby Bowden

1 more losing season and i think he is gone
he hasn't had a losing season since his 2nd year there.
Yeah dude ur crazy if u think that they would ever FIRE Bowden
Zyro_1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
dcrls
Veteran

dcrls hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions
Bobby Bowden will never be fired. He'll coach Florida State until he leaves on his own terms.

xactly what i said on pg.1 :D

Lionsmack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
They should invite Reggie Ball to the Draft just to make him feel uncomfortable.
The Lions will sweep the Vikings in 2007.
dcrls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bobby Bowden

He will probably retire next year, or the year after. I can't see him staying any longer.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you think about Dave Wannstedt? If Rutgers can stay in the top-3 of all the Big East schools (WVU, Louisville, RU) and with South Florida emerging as a potential Top-25 team, would they settle for 5th place?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
I bleed green

Nick Saban, he won't get fired but there's a ton of pressure on him to do well next season.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
aheineken
Veteran

aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.aheineken could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej
Is Lloyd Carr still technically on the hot seat? It seems like he is every year.

i think he would be, cause if he loses to ohio state, and the bowl game, then.........
If that happens again with all the talent Michigan has coming back, they should put serious consideration into getting rid of Carr and promoting English to HC.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles
aheineken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:59 PM    (permalink
RWFender1
Veteran

RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1 RWFender1

i still think karl dorrell is gone after next year. i think the man would have been gone this year but beating USC by 4 points this year saved his job. his team had a terrible season and an embarrassing display of a bowl performance. this isnt just the homer in me talking but i think USC will own them again next year and they will finish about 5th in the pac 10 this year. do they play notre dame again next year? wouldnt be suprised if a Clausen-led notre dame team beats them either. anyhow, i just dont see him around after this year unless UCLA gets their act together

gamertag: uscfan06

RWFender1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:08 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyro_1014
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST
Quote:
Bobby Bowden

he hasn't had a losing season since his 2nd year there.
Yeah dude ur crazy if u think that they would ever FIRE Bowden
I think it's ridiculous that somebody can be "coach for life" just because of his history with the school.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
How is Charlie Weis on the hot seat?
It's really just the whole Notre Dame thing, they expect greatness every year. ND fans expect him to be on top of the Big 10 every year and they normally fall to third or fourth.
They would never get rid of a coach of his caliber

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:05 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Al Groh is definitely on the hot seat. He needs a good year, say, at least 8 wins, IMO. He's had a long enough time.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Man_Law_99

Ted Roof

Virginia Military Institute the only win in last two seasons.....not good.
Old 02-20-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mike Stoops he just cant get arizona to win and when the heck is phil fulmer gonna be on the hot seat hes terrible!
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 05:59 PM    (permalink
JPLUFF
Veteran

JPLUFF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude
Mike Stoops he just cant get arizona to win and when the heck is phil fulmer gonna be on the hot seat hes terrible!
That class Fulmer just recruited is pretty sick though.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPLUFF
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude
That class Fulmer just recruited is pretty sick though.
theres no denying the man can recruit but he always seems to underachieve and make those little mistakes like sticking with ainge while he blows

hes too much like zook although maybe a better coach
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:54 AM    (permalink
asu2100
Rookie

asu2100 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Mike Stoops!
asu2100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:42 AM    (permalink

Tommy Bowden, Clemson has BCS talent and they lost to UK in the MCB.
Old 02-21-2007, 09:51 AM    (permalink
marks01234
Veteran

marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marks01234 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ACC thoughts

Groh at UVA probably starts the season on the hot seat. He isn't a candidate to get fired mid-season but he needs to at least go to a bowl game to have a chance at staying.

Ted Roof had better get some wins this year. I don't know Duke's schedule but if they get shut out by a D-1AA team again, I don't think he makes it the full year.

Tommy Bowden better have Clemson in a bowl game as well. I think his situation is similar to Amato's at NC State last year. 6-8 wins will buy him some more time but anything less and he is gone.

If UMD has a terrible saeson, Fridge will return to the hot seat. They need a good showing against WVU for once. I highly doubt he is fired this year but he could enter 2008 on the hot seat.
marks01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
KJ4140
Rookie

KJ4140 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Robinson has to bring Syracuse back to life. It's terrible.