Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-30-2007, 01:39 AM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.
Default Aaron Rodgers

How good did this guy look tonight against the Cowboys. He has a live arm, can keep plays alive, showed some mobility. Great first game in a really tough situation. What really impressed me was the way that he was gunning balls into tight spots over the middle (and one really good one against the grain), I knew he had a good arm, but wow. I know it's just a portion of the game, but he definitely showed that he has the physical tools.

With the weapons the Packers have, their future looks pretty bright.

Meanwhile, in 49erland everyone (like myself) who was rooting for us to pick the hometown kid is thinking to themselves...
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 01:49 AM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Didnt really look like McCarthy was holding him back. He looked sharp out there.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:14 AM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very impressed with what I saw from Rodgers. He came in in a tough situation against a good defense, and played very well. I have no worries about him as our future QB.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

He played well against the Best team of the NFC, on the road, wasnt nervous one bit, i mean wow...nobody expected that. Hes basically everything Alex Smith was suppose to be by now.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

He looks good running this type of offense, definitely.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He played great, but I want to wait for him to make 2 or 3 consecutive starts before making a judgment on him. A backup QB can come into a game and play pretty well, because defenses had been preparing for the starting QB all week. By the time the second or third start comes around, defensive coordinators start keying in on the strengths and weaknesses of the other QB. So we'll see what happens with Rodgers, but I was surprised with his performance. He also really seemed to be the leader out there in the huddle. Definitely was not expecting that from him in his first start.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
He played great, but I want to wait for him to make 2 or 3 consecutive starts before making a judgment on him. A backup QB can come into a game and play pretty well, because defenses had been preparing for the starting QB all week. By the time the second or third start comes around, defensive coordinators start keying in on the strengths and weaknesses of the other QB. So we'll see what happens with Rodgers, but I was surprised with his performance. He also really seemed to be the leader out there in the huddle. Definitely was not expecting that from him in his first start.
Lets not forget, hes been the backup of #4 for 3 years, Aaron might have picked up a thing or 2 from him. He made some throws that made me go "wow did you see that?"
Old 11-30-2007, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Big_Brother

He did very well and im a lot more comfortable with our future QB situation now than I was before, even though I always thought he would do well when he got his shot.

It is a good point about the defenses preparing though, they were not ready at all for the difference in mobility. From the very first series Rodgers was in his mobility seemed to confused the cowboys. They still got in their hits but they weren't just teeing off on him like they were on Favre.

Either way, he did a great job against a tough D, very impressive.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

I love his accuracy and mobility.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
Lets not forget, hes been the backup of #4 for 3 years, Aaron might have picked up a thing or 2 from him. He made some throws that made me go "wow did you see that?"
I wouldn't go too much off of that. Considering very few QB's could learn off of Favre's style and also that Aaron is a very textbook QB at times just doesn't make for him learning great amounts of things from Favre, at least when talking about mechanics. He probably has learned a lot of little things about the position from Favre though.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Pretty Fast Young Buck
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To the original poster of this thread, I obviously moved it. Probably should have left a trail.

Rodgers has nice hair. Very shiney. I bet he uses an expensive conditioner.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:02 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post

Rodgers has nice hair. Very shiney. I bet he uses an expensive conditioner.
yeah looks like Jim Mcmahon doesnt he :)
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 05:09 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a blessing in disguise i must say. if favre had retired after his first or second year in the league im not sure he would have been ready to step in there. he was a project-type player despite being a first round QB whos finally ready and if that chance wont be given in GB im sure another team will likely pay up to make him their QB of the future.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh, I hate to be a Favre homer, but if GB had started the game the same way with Favre we wouldve won or atleast been closer to winning

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
yeah looks like Jim Mcmahon doesnt he :)
He had the David Carr look going....

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Meh, I hate to be a Favre homer, but if GB had started the game the same way with Favre we wouldve won or atleast been closer to winning
The team played much better with Rodgers under center than with Favre. McCarthy didn't go back to the old offense until after Favre got hurt. We could have likely been blown out by 20-30 points if Favre hadn't gotten hurt.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
The team played much better with Rodgers under center than with Favre. McCarthy didn't go back to the old offense until after Favre got hurt. We could have likely been blown out by 20-30 points if Favre hadn't gotten hurt.
It was a blessing in disguise. McCarthy tried to change up the offense with Favre and it was ineffective, so when Rodgers came in he had to go back to the regular offense.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

We all know that if Favre would have kept it simple, the game would have been closer even with all the defensive miscues. I remember one time it was 3rd and 4 and on the backside (short side of the field) the corner was playing Koren 10 freaking yards off, Koren read it and hitched it but Favre didnt look his way holding on to the ball looking for a big play with tons of pressure coming at him. In the exception of Martin, all of our WR can take it to the house on any play.

This game is a blessing in disguise for the team and Favre. He said that he didnt know the identity of this offense but now he knows. We are not the Colts or NE where our O-line can hold up forever to hit the long developping routes. We have playmakers, just give the rock to them Favre.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to respect any QB who can fill in for Favre and not have the whole offense fall apart.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:32 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had been worried about Rodgers, but after his performance I am no longer worried. He is no favre, but he does have all the tools to be a legit NFL QB.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I had been worried about Rodgers, but after his performance I am no longer worried. He is no favre, but he does have all the tools to be a legit NFL QB.
True, he's no Favre, though sometimes that can be a good thing in that maybe Aaron will operate the WCO without the turnovers. He likely won't have those 30 TD seasons like Favre has, but hopefully he'll be under 10 picks and fewer fumbles than Favre. I think a decent Aaron Rodgers season would be 22 TDs, 6 INTs, 2750 yards passing and 300 yards rushing with another 3 TDs rushing. With just the look of the ball and how he was connecting with his receivers, Rodgers reminds me more of a Steve Young than a Favre.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
True, he's no Favre, though sometimes that can be a good thing in that maybe Aaron will operate the WCO without the turnovers. He likely won't have those 30 TD seasons like Favre has, but hopefully he'll be under 10 picks and fewer fumbles than Favre. I think a decent Aaron Rodgers season would be 22 TDs, 6 INTs, 2750 yards passing and 300 yards rushing with another 3 TDs rushing. With just the look of the ball and how he was connecting with his receivers, Rodgers reminds me more of a Steve Young than a Favre.
Favre has been the reason why ive been watching the packers for the past 15 years with a passion. I was really afraid of a near future without him but im not anymore. The media filled our minds with negativity towards Rodgers and a lot was underserved. His arm really surprised me, didnt know he had it in him, he has pin point accuracy which allows him to squeeze some tight throws. Most importantly, he seemed to have this confidence that good players have. I really enjoyed watching him.

Last edited by Favre4ever : 12-03-2007 at 07:21 PM.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
Favre has been the reason why ive been watching the packers for the past 15 years with a passion. I was really afraid of a near future without him but im not anymore. The media filled our minds with negativity towards Rodgers and a lot was underserved. His arm really surprised me, didnt know he had it in him, he has pin point accuracy which allows him to squeeze some tight throws. Most importantly, he seemed to have this confidence that good players have. I really enjoyed watching him.
Favre draws about 80% of the attention greenbay gets.

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-04-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:53 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think his future hall of fame status should be proposed just yet... But I do think that every fan of another NFC north team said " aww ****" to themsleves after that game. Most had to be hoping he would suck ass, and he looked pretty-day-gon good.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote