Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-05-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I don't think his future hall of fame status should be proposed just yet... But I do think that every fan of another NFC north team said " aww ****" to themsleves after that game. Most had to be hoping he would suck ass, and he looked pretty-day-gon good.
Agreed.

I really like his mobility, and his ability to check down. I would say his check downs are what really impress me. He didnt force things, which young quarterbacks, even Brett Favre have trouble with. The future of the franchise looks a lot brighter now.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:31 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
Agreed.

I really like his mobility, and his ability to check down. I would say his check downs are what really impress me. He didnt force things, which young quarterbacks, even Brett Favre have trouble with. The future of the franchise looks a lot brighter now.
Favre doesn't have a problem checking down. His problem is that he thinks he can make any throw.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Favre doesn't have a problem checking down. His problem is that he thinks he can make any throw.
He's actually been pretty careful with the ball this year except for the Redskins game and the Dallas game. He takes his shots but generally the throw is there to be made. Only thing I worry about is when he plays like he did against Dallas. He locked onto the deep receivers and would just throw it up once the pressure came.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:56 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If checkdowns are what impress you the most, the packers have QB problems coming in the near future.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Rodgers is not a checkdown QB, hes more a take what the defense gives you kind of QB.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
Rodgers is not a checkdown QB, hes more a take what the defense gives you kind of QB.
I agree with that. For example the play were he was forced out to the right and was able to buy enough time until DD got open. He doesn't have the deep ability Favre does but he manages the short and medium range routes very well.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:36 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron runs the WCO very well. That means throwig to who is open and having enough zip on an accurate ball to be able to hit that inside slant and curls when a CB is draped on the back of the receiver. Rodgers threw hard enough that I have no concerns about him in this offense.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Aaron runs the WCO very well. That means throwig to who is open and having enough zip on an accurate ball to be able to hit that inside slant and curls when a CB is draped on the back of the receiver. Rodgers threw hard enough that I have no concerns about him in this offense.
People forget that coming out Aaron had the strongest arm of that class, probably because he has that textbook motion and you don't typically associate that with gunslingers.

People questioned his athletic ability coming out, which has obviously been proven to be BS, and Tedford scared people. There really was no good reason, IMO, he didn't go number 1 overall and I think that's been proven accurate (yeah, he only played a good bit of one game.. but.. he did very well and you really don't have to play that well to be better than Alex Smith.)

But yeah, he's got a strong arm on him. Not Favre strong but he'll be top 10 to top 5 strongest when he's starting.

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 12-06-2007 at 09:24 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

The zip on his ball just threw everybody off their chair. Nobody was expecting it.The funniest part was hearing Cris Collinsworth saying during Rodgers first drive: " The Green Bay packers wont win many ball games with Aaron Rodgers as a starting QB..." and then take it back at the end of the game.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote