Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 11-30-2007, 02:13 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jarret Bush = Ahmad Carroll

This is for everyone who said Jarrett Bush was improving and getting better. Jarrett Bush is terrible in coverage, and reminds me a lot of Ahmad Carroll with how he has to put his hands on someone when he gets beat all the time. Tramon Williams is better than Bush and should be the nickel corner, I am sick of Bush playing and getting torched on every deep post and fly route. Not only did Bush look ridiculous in the Dallas game, but in just about every game, he has looked terrible. Bring on Tramon Williams and Will Blackmon
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He got burned by Anthony Fasano...The Cowboys BACK UP Tight End
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is funny cause that's exactly who he reminded me of watching last nights game. It was a nightmare.

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hes like ahmad carroll
but carroll at least got the pass interference call 90 pct of the time
gotta love him...

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not on Caroll's level. If you think about it, it almost takes significant talent to be on Ahmad "could get a pass interference call on kick coverage" Carroll's level. There will never be another...
Old 11-30-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Green Bay Scat
Pro Bowler

Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.Green Bay Scat is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
He got burned by Anthony Fasano...The Cowboys BACK UP Tight End
its kinda hard to get burned when ur in zone...or did you not notice that? they seem to run a lot of cover 2 and the middle was open a lot. Also we paid Carroll a lot of money to **** up, but Bush is a UDFA. also that one were he got PI, if u look u can see the WR pull him and that make Bush stumble and that then cause PI, it wasnt his fault along with Williams, that PI was ********.
Green Bay Scat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think Bush would have to screw up for alot more games to be considered the same or worse as Carroll, Carroll is the worst db the nfl has seen in some time, and he had alot invested in him...

on a side note, not sure if many of you guys knew Michael Hawkins, he was a 5th rd draft pick in the 2005 draft at db and he came from OU, really surprised he was cut as I thought he could of been solid for you guys in the future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:52 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the comparison, but Jarret Bush was an UDFA with little expectations. Carroll was a 1st round pick.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at least TT wasnt dumb to spend a 1st round pick on this guy. BTW is both Bigby and this guy cut yet?
Old 12-01-2007, 12:09 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I still think Bush would have to screw up for alot more games to be considered the same or worse as Carroll, Carroll is the worst db the nfl has seen in some time, and he had alot invested in him...

on a side note, not sure if many of you guys knew Michael Hawkins, he was a 5th rd draft pick in the 2005 draft at db and he came from OU, really surprised he was cut as I thought he could of been solid for you guys in the future

I like Hawkins alot too, but i guess he never panned out. Wasnt there some controvesy about him?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:31 AM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

carroll...i remember teams would just throw it down field deep to whoever carroll was covering and it was like automatic pass interference
and if the team didnt throw his way it was illegal hands to the face
wat a waste of a a first round pick :(

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
at least TT wasnt dumb to spend a 1st round pick on this guy. BTW is both Bigby and this guy cut yet?
Bigby is frustrating but he's not that bad. at least not yet.
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Romo had forever to throw on the Fasano TD, like most of the night, and he just threw it up, I mean Fasano has got ove 6 inches of height and 50 pounds on him, really he is supposed to catch that, especially when there is no safety help.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 03:35 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
I like Hawkins alot too, but i guess he never panned out. Wasnt there some controvesy about him?
there was at OU, he was kicked off the team and played for the dallas desperados before he was drafted, im not sure how things went fully when he was in Green Bay...he had alot of talent though, was the #1 HS corner in Texas in 2002 and a 5 star recruit, was hoping he panned out for you guys..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 10:18 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Bay Scat View Post
its kinda hard to get burned when ur in zone...or did you not notice that? they seem to run a lot of cover 2 and the middle was open a lot. Also we paid Carroll a lot of money to **** up, but Bush is a UDFA. also that one were he got PI, if u look u can see the WR pull him and that make Bush stumble and that then cause PI, it wasnt his fault along with Williams, that PI was ********.
Don't support his sorry ass; from the beginning Bush and Bigby have been piles of **** who can't play pass defense at all and make way too many mental errors

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 01:37 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatz View Post
Bigby is frustrating but he's not that bad. at least not yet.
oh he beyond bad, why on earth would you grab someone face mask when the guy is being tackled by 2 other players?!?!
Old 12-01-2007, 01:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No bashing Fasano...kid's got talent. He could be star in this league one day.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
No bashing Fasano...kid's got talent. He could be star in this league one day.
this is very true, but i dont see how you can compare them to be honest

one we spent a 1st round on the other we spent nothing on, but Jarrett Bush play great ST and that is why hes on this team and that why he is a team captin, hes not on this team to play corner its just that we are so thin in our cb core that we have to play him i belive next when we draft a corner he will become 5th on the depth chart behind the rookie and blackmon. thou that should be good cause then he will be freash for ST

but i belive we have alot of questions marks to be honest

Nick Collins - Will He Ever Be A Pro Bowler?
Aaron Rouse - Does 2 INT Make Him Our Future?
Atari Bigby - Will He Even Start For Us Next Year
Will Blackmon - We He Ever Pan Out Or Be Healty?

PS: for the rest of my life i will be shock we took Ahmad Carroll over Chris Gamble

Justin Harrell over
CB: Leon Hall, Aaron Ross, Chris Houston, Eric Wright, Josh Wilson,
SS: Michael Griffin, Reggie Nelson, Brandon Meriweather, Eric Weddle
TE: Greg Olson, Zack Miller
LB: Jonathan Beason, Paul Posluszny, David Harris, Justin Durant

I really hope this kid pan's out because we took him over alot of good players that were our huge need

Last edited by The Legend : 12-01-2007 at 03:14 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The wikipedia entry on Ahmad Carrol cracks me up:

In the NFL, Carroll is known around the league by the nicknames "Grabby Smurf," for his tendency to commit illegal contact penalties, and also by the name "Highway 28," in the sense that opposing receivers speed past him into the end zone.

* 34 games played with the Green Bay Packers
* 28 games in which Carroll started
* 33 total penalty flags thrown against Carroll
* 26 penalties called for coverage violations such as pass interference, illegal contact, and holding
* 256 penalty yards enforced as a result of 24 infractions that were not declined or offset by another penalty
* 11 touchdowns Carroll allowed in coverage
* 3 interceptions by Carroll

But no, Jarret Bush, while god awful, is no where near as bad as Ahmad Carroll. Ahmad Carroll could get burnt by an old lady in a wheelchair.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, that's hilarious. Grabby Smurf and Highway 28, priceless.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:17 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboiajhawk View Post
This is for everyone who said Jarrett Bush was improving and getting better. Jarrett Bush is terrible in coverage, and reminds me a lot of Ahmad Carroll with how he has to put his hands on someone when he gets beat all the time. Tramon Williams is better than Bush and should be the nickel corner, I am sick of Bush playing and getting torched on every deep post and fly route. Not only did Bush look ridiculous in the Dallas game, but in just about every game, he has looked terrible. Bring on Tramon Williams and Will Blackmon
Jarrett Bush reminds me of what he is, a CB not good enough to get drafted. Carroll was far worse. Bush works hard and doesn't run his mouth. He's just not that good. He's a special teamer at best. Carroll had superior physical speed, but the mental capability and stature of a chihuahua.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:37 PM    (permalink
krebstar2000
Veteran

krebstar2000 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I have seen Bush as a cancer all year I've never liked him and I wish he would have been let go long ago, but all this Bigby bashing is unbelievable, this is the first time he has been given the freedom, and it took a little time to learn but the play of him at the end of the season is unbelievable. He was one of the main factors the Pack won the Seatle game, and seeing his understanding of the position each week makes me think he will be a probowler in years to come. He hits harder and better than most safteys in the league today and you have to allow him the learning curve he had in the beginning of the season even thoug I saw him to be a best!
krebstar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krebstar2000 View Post
I have seen Bush as a cancer all year I've never liked him and I wish he would have been let go long ago, but all this Bigby bashing is unbelievable, this is the first time he has been given the freedom, and it took a little time to learn but the play of him at the end of the season is unbelievable. He was one of the main factors the Pack won the Seatle game, and seeing his understanding of the position each week makes me think he will be a probowler in years to come. He hits harder and better than most safteys in the league today and you have to allow him the learning curve he had in the beginning of the season even thoug I saw him to be a best!
this thread was made sooooooo long ago and yes bigby is a different player

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bush does not remotely remind me of Carroll. Carroll was a PI penalty waiting to happen, and god-awful at the game of football, but possibly one of the best athletes on the team. Bush is a guy who isn't really fast, and is just not good enough to be on the field in anything but dime situations. I think he can make enough plays to be the 4th corner on a team, but nothing more.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Jarett Bush is a okay player. He doesn't really offer much than maybe a stopgap special teamer. Bush doesn't have starting potential as a lot of people were saying and is simply not good enough for people to think he could ever handle a starting position for us.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote