Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 02-19-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Pre-Combine Three Round Mock

Along with my own thoughts about these prospects, I referred to five different sets of online rankings when making this projection. I tried to address team needs when possible but also took value into consideration. In regard to the team jerseys, I consulted team rosters to try and find available numbers; some numbers are currently taken by soon to be free agents. I expect some fans to be more happy about the projection than others, and I tried to provide some insight into what I was thinking for each pick in an attempt to justify everything. All in all for a pre-combine first day mock, I'm pretty satisfied for the way it turned out. Hope you enjoy!

ROUND ONE

1. Oakland Raiders: JaMarcus Russell, QB, LSU

I think the Raiders would be well served going with Calvin Johnson here as well, because it looks as though Randy Moss and perhaps even Jerry Porter could be on the way out in Oakland. But despite playing behind a porous line, neither Aaron Brooks nor Andrew Walter looked like long-term answers at the quarterback position, so I think Russell is ultimately the pick here. It also doesn't hurt that the Raiders met with Tom Martinez, who was recently hired to work with Russell.

2. Detroit Lions: Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

The Lions could really use a franchise quarterback, so Brady Quinn is an option here. As is Joe Thomas, because if there's one thing a Mike Martz offensive scheme needs, it's quality protection. But Mike Martz isn't the head coach; Rod Marinelli is. And with a background in the Tampa 2 scheme, Marinelli understands how important the pass rush is to the success of his defense. I envision Rod building his team from the trenches and looking at a quick pass rushing end like Gaines Adams in round one.

3. Cleveland Browns: Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

Romeo Crennel nearly lost his job after the 2006 campaign, and even though he stayed employed in Cleveland, you have to think that the leash is short and if he doesn't produce this season he's out the door. The defensive line is aging but it's likely too high to seriously think about Alan Branch. Joe Thomas is an option as well, but I believe the player that's likely going to give them the most immediate help at a position that needs upgrading is Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson.

4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Calvin Johnson, WR, GA Tech

It'll be hard to pass up on a tackle like Joe Thomas, but if you're going to let Thomas pass by, it's because there's a Calvin Johnson on the table. Johnson is very easily worth the #1 pick in this draft, and could be selected by the Raiders first overall. With 35-year-old Joey Galloway as their leading receiver and Michael Clayton failing to climb out of the slump he's been in for two years now, the Buccaneers would be wise to select him at fourth overall.

5. Arizona Cardinals: Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin

A dream come true scenario for the Cardinals would be for Thomas to fall to them at the five spot, and that's exactly what I project will happen. The Cardinals seem content to let offensive tackle Leonard Davis test the free agent market, and he's likely to sign elsewhere. And while the left tackle position is not the blindside protector for left-handed Matt Leinart, the Cardinals need to improve their ability to protect their franchise quarterback from all angles.

6. Washington Redskins: Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

With both Branch and Anderson on the board, I anticipate this will be a hard decision for Washington as they could use an upgrade all across their line. But the Redskins just signed Andre Carter last spring and always find a way to make some moves in free agency, where there look to be a number of talented ends, which means I believe Alan Branch is the pick here. Branch should be an immediate starter on an interior defensive line that is manned by two aging starters and what can only be described as questionable depth.

7. Minnesota Vikings: Jamaal Anderson, DE, Arkansas

Selecting Anderson here would make for the Vikings' third first-round defensive end in the last four years (that sounded convuluted), but at this point I think he's the only option if they stay put in this spot. Assuming they can't trade down, Minnesota really has only three options - take Anderson and try to improve upon a weak pass rush, take Quinn and give up on first-year quarterback Tavaris Jackson, or reach for a receiver. In my book, taking Anderson is the right move if a trade cannot be orchestrated.

8. Houston Texans: Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame

Through the first few weeks of the 2006 season, David Carr got off to a fairly good start under new head coach Gary Kubiak. But things went sour quickly, and once again, Texans fans are left to wonder if Carr really is their franchise quarterback, especially considering the recent rumors about Carr being shopped to other teams for anywhere from a second to fifth round pick. Quinn could go as high as first or second pick, and may be too tempting to pass up if available here.

9. Miami Dolphins: Levi Brown, OT, Penn State

If the Dolphins expect Daunte Culpepper to find success in 2007, they'll have to do a better job protecting him; Culpepper was sacked 21 times in four games, and while not all of that falls on the shoulders of the line, improvements can certainly be made. Levi Brown is clearly the second best offensive lineman in this draft, and while there are some concerns as to whether or not he's truly a left tackle at the next level, reports from the Senior Bowl indicated that NFL scouts left at week's end thinking he could in fact play on the blindside.

10. Atlanta Falcons: Reggie Nelson, S, Florida

In what certainly can't be considered a shocking development, Pro Football Weekly reported in late January that the Falcons are targeting a free safety with their first pick in the 2007 draft with the intention of moving Chris Crocker to strong safety. Florida's Reggie Nelson and LSU's LaRon Landry have been battling it out for the #1 safety spot on draft boards across the country, but in the end I suspect the Falcons will give the playmaking Nelson the nod.

11. San Francisco 49ers: LaRon Landry, S, LSU

I have no doubt that the 49ers would prefer to address their defensive front seven with this selection, either by looking at a lineman or an inside linebacker to fit in their 3-4 defense. But frankly, I'm not convinced the value for either of those areas is good here, leading me to believe they'll look elsewhere. And while both Keith Lewis and Mark Roman signed recent contract extensions, I'm not convinced that that's a statement that San Francisco wouldn't take at top safety like Landry if given the opportunity.

12. Buffalo Bills: Amobi Okoye, DT, Louisville

If you would have asked me a couple of weeks ago whether or not I thought defensive tackle might be an area that Buffalo would address in the first round, I likely would have said no. After all, the Bills drafted (and as some might say "reached for") John McCargo in the bottom of the first round just last season. But when you're faced with a young talent like Amobi Okoye and your defensive scheme is dependent on being able to collapse the pocket from the inside, you don't think twice about taking the interior lineman here.

13. St. Louis Rams: Lawrence Timmons, OLB, Florida State

The Rams have bigger needs on the defensive line, but will likely try to address most of them in free agency. At SAM linebacker, Brandon Chillar was adequate but can be upgraded. Lawrence Timmons will likely fly up draft boards with a good showing at the combine. He has a knack for disrupting plays behind the line (18 TFL in 2007), and also has the size and athleticism the Rams need in a player who will be asked to cover tight ends like Vernon Davis, Leonard Pope, and Jerramy Stevens.

14. Carolina Panthers: Dwayne Jarrett, WR, USC

Carolina would have liked to get one of the top safeties here, and while Patrick Willis is certainly an option, I'm not sure the value woudl be good. It seems as if Keyshawn Johnson actually is mulling over a decision as to whether or not to keep playing football now that offensive coordinator Dan Henning has been fired. If Johnson does decide to hang it up, then wide receiver jumps up the list of needs for the Panthers, one they could potentially address here by drafting Dwayne Jarrett.

15. Pittsburgh Steelers: Adam Carriker, DE, Nebraska

After a disappointing start to his senior season, there was speculation as to whether or not Adam Carriker even belonged in the first round. Now, after a strong college finish and incredibly dominant showing at the Senior Bowl, Carriker has seemingly all but locked up the #3 defensive end spot and secured himself as a mid first round pick. Because of his ability to play end in the 3-4 scheme, I don't think he'll last very long on draft day.

16. Green Bay Packers: Marshawn Lynch, RB, California

At season's end, Green Bay ranked 23rd in both rushing yards per game and rushing touchdowns. Ahman Green, a free agent this spring, barely eclipsed the 1,000-yard mark and could be playing elsewhere in 2007. Texans castoff Vernand Morency and late rounder Noah Herron sit behind Green on the depth chart, and I don't think either provide much confidence for the future of the running game. With his legal troubles seemingly behind him, Cal running back Marshawn Lynch makes all the sense in the world.

17. Jacksonville Jaguars: Jarvis Moss, DE, Florida

Going into the 2007 season, the Jacksonville Jaguars have some uncertainty surrounding the defensive end position. Reggie Hayward was productive as a first-year Jaguar in 2005 but missed most of the season with an Achilles' injury and is still recovering. Bobby McCray replaced him and was productive, but is a restricted free agent this year. On the other side, Paul Spicer will turn 32. Florida's Jarvis Moss is shooting up draft boards and could find himself landing only a few hours upstate.

18. Cincinnati Bengals: Darrelle Revis, CB, Pittsburgh

Even though the Bengals drafted Jonathan Joseph in round one last year, given the situation I think Revis makes a lot of sense. ESPN's John Clayton is reporting that the Bengals could release Deltha O'Neal, and it appears that Cincinnati is not going to bring Tory James back either. There's talk about moving Madieu Williams to corner, but I think he's better served staying at safety. Revis would pair with Joseph to make an oustanding young combo for the foreseeable future.

19. Tennessee Titans: Ted Ginn Jr, WR, Ohio State

Tennessee will have a hard time deciding between Ginn and one of the top cornerbacks on the board. But with approximately $33 million in cap room, the Titans could very well make a run at a veteran cornerback when free agency hits. Furthermore, Pacman Jones, Reynaldo Hill, and Andre Woolfolk are all relatively young themselves. For those reasons, I expect the Titans to choose Ginn in this situation and give "Pro Bowl" quarterback Vince Young another offensive weapon to utilize.

20. New York Giants: Patrick Willis, LB, Mississippi

The Giants recently cut linebackers LaVar Arrington and Carlos Emmons, and outside of Antonio Pierce, the rest of their personnel at the position looks questionable and can be upgraded. Linebacker will likely be an important cog in Steve Spagnuolo's defensive plans, so a playmaker and Butkus award winner like Patrick Willis makes a lot of sense to me. Willis is a tackling machine who was all over the field at the Senior Bowl and could potentially play anywhere the Giants ask him to.

21. Denver Broncos: Charles Johnson, DE, Georgia

Starting defensive ends Ebenezer Ekuban (30) and Kenard Lang (32) are getting up there in age, and while both had decent seasons, the Broncos would like to make some improvements on the edges of their line. Converted linebacker Patrick Chukwurah provided some pass rush help but is scheduled for free agency. Elvis Dumervil produced as a situational player, but grabbing another talented end like Charles Johnson in the first round would go a long ways towards getting younger at the position.

22. Dallas Cowboys: Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

Dallas isn't getting any help from Pro Bowl safety Roy Williams in the coverage department, and fifth round pick Pat Watkins couldn't get the job done when they tried him out in 2006. If the rumor about moving CB Anthony Henry to free safety is accurate, then the Cowboys will need to find someone to start at corner next to Terrance Newman. Leon Hall's stock has supposedly been slipping out of the Top 20 range, but he'd make for a nice pick here.

23. Kansas City Chiefs: Dwayne Bowe, WR, LSU

Year in and year out, fans always talk about how the Chiefs need to go out and get some help at receiver, and every year is seems like they balk at the strategy. With this year's wide receiver class though, perhaps they'll reconsider. Kennison is running out of gas, Parker has yet to take that next step, and Hall has always had a limited offensive role. The bottom line is the Chiefs could use the talent of Dwayne Bowe, the best senior receiver in this class.

24. New England Patriots (f/SEA): Anthony Spencer, OLB, Purdue

The Patriots always seem to make due with their personnel at linebacker, but this year might be different. When the season starst, Mike Vrabel (32), Roosevelt Colvin (30), and Tedy Bruschi (34) will all be in their 30's. If Junior Seau returns, he’ll be a whopping 38-years-old. Furthermore, the Patriots are at risk of losing Tully Banta-Cain in free agency. Thus, adding a young linebacker such as Spencer should be an offseason goal for New England.

25. New York Jets: Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

Cornerback is not the biggest need on the Jets, but given what's on the board, I think it's the way they'd end up picking. Andre Dyson is a solid player but Hank Poteat can definitely be upgraded and David Barrett may end up being cut. Justin Miller began the season in the starting line-up but by November he was relegated to a back-up role. This secondary needs a playmaker, and while the Jets very well could find that player in free agency, I wouldn't rule out their taking Ross here.

26. Philadelphia Eagles: Michael Griffin, S, Texas

I'm not entirely sold that Griffin provides the best value for the Eagles at this spot in the draft, but I think if the Texas safety is on the board he could very well be the pick. Brian Dawkins remains one of the best free safeties in the league but will turn 34-years-old this season and back-up Quintin Mikell could leave as an unrestricted free agent this spring. The future of the position is certainly an issue and may cause Philadelphia to reach a bit for Griffin.

27. New Orleans Saints: Paul Posluszny, LB, Penn State

The Saints may have just signed linebacker Scott Shanle to a contract extension, but if there's one word I can think of to describe the Saints linebackers as a whole, it's the word pedestrian. The combination of Shanle, Scott Fujiti, and Mark Simoneau sounds more like the Land of Misfit Players than it does a starting linebacker unit in the NFL. Improvements need to be made if the Saints want to go deeper into the post-season, and that starts by adding a true football player's football player in Posluszny.

28. New England Patriots: Sidney Rice, WR, South Carolina

Bill Belichick decided last season that Deion Branch wasn't worth spending money on, and traded him to Seattle. In the end, the Patriots could have used a quality receiver in the playoffs after Reche Caldwell dropped two key passes in the playoffs. Of the top eight receivers on the Patriots squad in 2006, only three were receivers, and one of those receivers is no longer in New England. To me, that smells like the ideal situation for an upgrade, making Sidney Rice the pick here.

29. Baltimore Ravens: Victor Abiamiri, DE, Notre Dame

Baltimore's depth at defensive end is questionable at best, especially if they end up losing Jarret Johnson to free agency this spring. Despite being productive as a first year Raven, Trevor Pryce will be 32-years-old in August, and if Adalius Thomas leaves via free agency, the Ravens will have lost quite a bit of pass rush production as Thomas accumulated 11 sacks in 2006. Adding Victor Abiamiri, whom Baltimore talked to in Mobile, would be a step in the right direction.

30. San Diego Chargers: Robert Meachem, WR, Tennessee

Neither Keenan McCardell nor Eric Parker caught a touchdown pass all year. While that may be more of a statement about San Diego's other weapons, I certainly think improvements can be made. McCardell is living off fumes at this point in his career and Eric Parker hasn't convinced me he's a #1 receiver in this league. While Vincent Jackson offers potential as a tall receiver who excels in the red zone, I think the Chargers would benefit from adding a speedy guy like Meachem to stretch the field.

31. Chicago Bears: Joe Staley, OT, Central Michigan

It may take a while for Chicago to get over that heart breaking Super Bowl loss, but it's never too soon to plan for the future. And that future begins by examining the situation at tackle, where starters John Tait (32) and Fred Miller (34) are scheduled to make nearly $7.5 million in salary next season. On top of that high cost, the depth behind them can be improved upon. Joe Staley is an impressive tackle prospect who could come to Chicago and learn from two veterans before taking over on either side.

32. Indianapolis Colts: Jon Beason, OLB, Miami

The Colts are looking at about $2 million in salary cap room going into free agency. They'd like to be able to retain defensive end Dwight Freeney but they may have to do so using the $8+ million franchise tag. Needless to say it's hard to imagine that Indianapolis can keep some of their other free agents if that's the route they take. Among those players likely to leave is linebacker Cato June. Finding a replacement for him, like the athletic Jon Beason perhaps, could be a draft priority.

ROUND TWO

33. Oakland Raiders: Ryan Kalil, C, USC
The Raiders need help all over the offensive line, and new head coach Lane Kiffin could be tempted to take someone he's familiar with in Kalil.

34. Detroit Lions: Ben Grubbs, OG, Auburn[/size]
With DeMulling and possibly Woody on the way out, the Lions will continue to build the trenches by drafting someone to man the interior offensive line.

35. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Daymeion Hughes, CB, California
Barber and Kelly are in their 30s and there isn't much depth. Safety might be a bigger need but Hughes would excel in the Tampa 2.

36. Cleveland Browns: DeMarcus Tyler, DT, NC State
Cleveland's entire defensive line could be upgraded, and it starts by taking Tyler; a bit of a reach but will be groomed to replace Washington.

37. New York Jets (F/WAS): Justin Blalock, OL, Texas
The combination of D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Nick Mangold, and Justin Blalock will give New York an impressive young offensive line to build around.

38. Arizona Cardinals: Brandon Meriweather, S, Miami
Adrian Wilson is one of the best strong safeties in the league but he needs help. Meriweather is an instant upgrade over Robert Griffith @ FS.

39. Houston Texans: Arron Sears, OG, Tennessee
The Texans have allowed 40+ sacks for the past three seasons so clearly upgrades can be made; Sears could play at multiple positions for Houston.

40. Miami Dolphins: Chris Houston, CB, Arkansas[/size]
The Dolphins should certainly be in the market to upgrade the cornerback position, and Houston is a prospect who seems to be rising up draft boards.

41. Minnesota Vikings: Greg Olsen, TE, Miami
Jermaine Wiggins saw a drop in production and Jim Kleinsasser was a non-factor as an offensive weapon. Olsen gives Childress' offense a nice receiving target.

42. San Francisco 49ers: Quentin Moses, OLB, Georgia
The 49ers need to find another 3-4 outside linebacker if they want to run the scheme; Moses will likely have to make that transition.

43. Buffalo Bills: Brandon Siler, LB, Florida
London Fletcher-Baker is leaving as a free agent and Takeo Spikes is recovering from injury; Siler could play inside or outside for the Bills.

44. Atlanta Falcons: Michael Bush, RB, Louisville
Not their biggest need, but with Dunn aging and Norwood banged up in limited time, I think Bush is too tempting for Petrino to pass up.

45. Carolina Panthers: David Harris, MLB, Michigan
Dan Morgan helped out by restructuring his contract, but that doesn't change the fact that he can't seem to stay on the field.

46. Pittsburgh Steelers: LaMarr Woodley, OLB, Michigan
Woodley has experience as a rush linebacker in the 3-4 and could excel there for a team like Pittsburgh, who certainly needs youth at the position.

47. Green Bay Packers: Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State
With Franks declining and both Martin and Lee heading towards free agency, the Packers need to find themselves a tight end of the future.

48. Jacksonville Jaguars: Craig Davis, WR, LSU
If Jacksonville doesn't address the receiver position in free agency, then Davis could be a nice pick for them in the second round.

49. Cincinnati Bengals: Eric Weddle, S, Utah
The Bengals continue to add youth to a secondary in need of help by taking Weddle to play next to Madieu Williams at safety.

50. Tennessee Titans: Tim Crowder, DE, Texas
The Titans amassed only 26 sacks in 2007, the most being 6.5 from Kyle Vanden Bosch. Crowder stepped up his pass rush as a senior.

51. New York Giants: Josh Wilson, CB, Maryland
Madison and McQuarters are aging, and the Giants need to find a young athlete to pair with Corey Webster as their future starting duo.

52. St. Louis Rams: Justin Harrell, DT, Tennessee
The Rams need to improve their 31st-ranked run defense; Harrell could go earlier but would be a step in the right direction if available.

53. Dallas Cowboys: Anthony Gonzalez, WR, Ohio State
It sounds as if Terrell Owens will be back in 2007, but that doesn't change the fact that Dallas needs some young blood at receiver.

54. Kansas City Chiefs: Tony Ugoh, OT, Arkansas
When Kyle Turley and the "retired" John Welbourn see significant time on your offensive line, it should be clear that improvements can be made.

55. Seattle Seahawks: Josh Beekman, OG, Boston College
The Seahawks definitely missed Steve Hutchinson in 2006; Beekman is slipping but for Seattle he could be too tempting to pass up.

56. Denver Broncos: Aaron Rouse, SS, Virginia Tech
Denver needs youth at the safety position, and Rouse is the kind of player who could flourish under John Lynch's mentorship.

57. Philadelphia Eagles: Brian Leonard, FB, Rutgers
Westbrook had a breakout year but needs someone to help share the load; Leonard will give Phily the 1-2 punch that successful teams need.

58. New Orleans Saints: Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State
McCauley had a disappointing senior season but he has all the physical tools you look for and the Saints clearly need some help at corner.

59. New York Jets: Ikaika Alama-Francis, DE, Hawaii
With a good combination of size and athleticism, Alama-Francis would be a nice addition to Mangini's 3-4 defensive scheme.

60. New England Patriots: Jonathan Wade, CB, Tennessee
Tagging Asante doesn't mean they shouldn't continue to improve a secondary that featured Artrell Hawkins, Ray Mickens, Chad Scott, and occasionally Troy Brown.

61. Baltimore Ravens: Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn
Irons helped his stock at the Senior Bowl and would be a nice pick for Baltimore, who will likely part ways with Jamal Lewis this offseason.

62. San Diego Chargers: John Wendling, S, Wyoming
The versatile Wendling has good size and speed and should shine in workouts; SS Kiel is likely a goner due to legal problems.

63. Chicago Bears: Brandon Mebane, DT, California
Ian Scott and Alfonso Boone are free agents, and Tank Johnson's future is up in the air after recently pleading guilty to a probation violation.

64. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (F/IND): Rufus Alexander, OLB, Oklahoma
Alexander brings the athleticism and speed needed to excel in the Tampa 2, and could be groomed to be Derrick Brooks' heir.

ROUND THREE

65. Oakland Raiders: Tony Hunt, RB, Penn State
LaMont Jordan hasn't lived up to the sizable contract he got back in 2005 and Fargas will be entering a contract year.

66. Detroit Lions: Tanard Jackson, DB, Syracuse
What Tanard Jackson lacks in speed he makes up for in physicality; he'd be an excellent fit in Marinelli's Tampa 2 scheme.

67. Cleveland Browns: Troy Smith, QB, Ohio State
The local hero says he'd like to play for Cleveland; neither Charlie Frye nor Derek Anderson have exactly locked down the job.

68. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Marcus Thomas, DT, Florida
Thomas is in for a draft day slip due to off the field trouble but Tampa desperately needs some three-technique talent.

69. Arizona Cardinals: Earl Everett, OLB, Florida
Arizona has Karlos Dansby and Gerald Hayes but need the third piece of the puzzle, making Everett a likely choice.

70. Denver Broncos (f/WAS): Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio State
Pitcock is a hard working interior lineman who, though slipping a bit, should get some consideration from Denver here.

71. Miami Dolphins: Ray McDonald, DL, Florida
At 6'3" and 282 pounds, McDonald has the ability to play 4-3 tackle or 3-4 end for Miami; really is great value here.

72. Minnesota Vikings: Johnnie Lee Higgins, WR, UTEP
Minnesota is severely lacking at receiver; Higgins has great explosiveness and may go earlier with a good combine.

73. Houston Texans: Stewart Bradley, LB, Nebraska
Five linebackers are scheduled for free agency, and Bradley would be an excellent fit for Houston at SAM linebacker.

74. Buffalo Bills: Antonio Pittman, RB, Ohio State
McGahee wants a new deal but might not even be with the team in 2007; even if he is, Levy says there will be competition.

75. Atlanta Falcons: Dan Bazuin, DE, Central Michigan
It seems likely that Patrick Kerney hits free agency in March, making defensive end a large need for the Falcons.

76. San Francisco 49ers: Ryan McBean, DL, Oklahoma State
McBean is a nice 3-4 defensive end prospect, making him a logical choice for a team that needs to find pieces for the scheme.

77. Pittsburgh Steelers: Marshall Yanda, OL, Iowa
Yanda has experience at both guard and tackle; this unit as a whole took a step back in 2006, allowing 17 more sacks than in 2005.

78. Green Bay Packers: Eric Wright, CB, UNLV
Green Bay just recently extended Al Harris and they have Woodson as well, but there's little depth behind either of them.

79. Jacksonville Jaguars: Drew Stanton, QB, Michigan State
Reports indicate Leftwich isn't happy, Garrard was hot and cold as a replacemet, and one of them could be gone in 2007.

80. Cincinnati Bengals: FORFEITED (Ahmad Brooks)

81. Tennessee Titans: Buster Davis, ILB, Florida State
Starting middle linebacker Peter Sirmon may not be back as the Titans look to get younger on the defensive side of the ball.

82. New York Giants: Lorenzo Booker, RB, Florida State
With Tiki Barber retired, the Giants will likely look for another back to share the backfield with Brandon Jacobs.

83. St. Louis Rams: Chansi Stuckey, WR, Clemson
Stuckey is raw but can learn behind Holt and Bruce while bringing an immediate impact as a return man.

84. Carolina Panthers: Michael Johnson, S, Arizona
Johnson could be groomed as the future free safety behind Minter or compete for the strong safety job.

85. Kansas City Chiefs: Kareem Brown, DT, Miami
Both Ron Edwards and James Reed are free agents, and Brown has the size teams look for and can get pressure from inside.

86. Seattle Seahawks: Scott Chandler, TE, Iowa
Jerramy Stevens and Will Heller are free agents; even if Stevens returns they need more depth.

87. Denver Broncos: Doug Free, OT, Northern Illinois
Lepsis is 33 and recovering from a torn ACL, and the athletic Free should be a good fit in Denver's blocking scheme.

88. Dallas Cowboys: Manuel Ramirez, OG, Texas Tech
The Cowboys will likely have to find some depth at guard, as Marco Rivera turns 35 in April and has injury concerns.

89. New Orleans Saints: Ben Patrick, TE, Delaware
Patrick showed off his good hands and helped his stock both at the East-West Shrine Game and the Senior Bowl.

90. New York Jets: Brandon Jackson, RB, Nebraska
Despite a lack of starting experience, Jackson could be the Jets' long-term answer now that Curtis Martin has retired.

91. Philadelphia Eagles: Anthony Waters, MLB, Clemson
It's hard to gauge Waters' stock, but he might be worth a look late on Day One to groom behind Trotter.

92. New England Patriots: H.B. Blades, ILB, Pittsburgh
Blades doesn't have ideal physical tools but he's a tough intelligent player who is also a respected defensive leader.

93. Baltimore Ravens: James Marten, OT, Boston College
Marten had an impressive week in Mobile and Boston College is known for pumping out offensive linemen.

94. San Diego Chargers: Samson Satele, G/C, Hawaii
Satele, who can play guard, could be on San Diego's radar if the Chargers lose Kris Dielman to free agency.

95. Chicago Bears: Sabby Piscitelli, SS, Oregon State
Mike Brown has played in just 20 games over the last three seasons and Todd Johnson is a free agent this spring.

96. Indianapolis Colts: Michael Coe, CB, Alabama State
Indy may not have the cap room to retain their own DBs; Coe is a small school corner on the rise.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Not bad, I prefer Landry, but either would be fantastic.
2. I like it. It fills a huge need, that is power back. Not to mention the Louisville connection.
3. You are wrong, the latest is, Kerney is sticking around.

Now, I think what's missing from this Falcons' draft is O-Line help. That is, by all accounts, the top priority in shifting coaching schemes. A new starter is needed at Left Guard, and a LT of the future would also be nice.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

one of the best raiders drafts i've seen on this site ever.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:51 AM    (permalink
Cwood8899

B+ Browns draft.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:53 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams picks

1. :(
2. :|
3. :?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:03 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1st :|
2nd :D
3rd :)

CJ or AD please in the first. moss and/or jordan look to be gone. love the 2nd. in the 3rd i like it but Marcus Thomas could be the pick too

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 01:20 AM    (permalink
S2TheEvo
Rookie

S2TheEvo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Love the Vikings draft.

Good pick of Olsen in the 2nd over Anthony Gonzalez. I love Wiggins, but we definitely need an upgrade. Higgins in the 3rd is nice as well.. He has return skills and it doesn't look like we're bringing Bethel Johnson back

S2TheEvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty good Buc draft

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First and Second rounds are awesome, but I dunno about the third.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 08:10 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma
First and Second rounds are awesome, but I dunno about the third.
Marcus Thomas could end up to be quite the steal. There's no doubt he has 1st round talent... But I do see why you're wary...we don't want to become the Bengals.

P.S. Your old avatar with the moustached guy...what was that from?
Old 02-19-2007, 08:13 AM    (permalink
raiderade

i dont think the giants will take willis(and i dont think he falls that far) he's a MLB and we have pierce. poz or timmons will be our 1st round choice if we go LB, in your mock i think we grab hall- but very good mock as a whole!
Old 02-19-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great 1st round Cowboys pick!! (Thompspn has #28 though, give Hall #23). Id rather have Beekman in the 2nd. And switch Ramierez to Allison in the 3rd.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:43 AM    (permalink

good overall draft, and i like the ravens 2nd round pick but Victor Abiamiri is fit for a 3-4 defense adn wouldn't fit our defense well. Give us Ben Grubbs, Daymeion Hughes, or Marcus McCauley instead.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
asmitty45
Veteran

asmitty45 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I like the Lions mock,

Gaines - great pick
Grubbs - very solid pick, might rather have damieyon hughes though
T. Jackson - solid pick,

I think this is very solid but i might rather hae Hughes in 2nd and Yanda in 3rd, but i cant complain

fenikz

"Pride comes before the fall" - Mark Dantonio

35-21
asmitty45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
KJ4140
Rookie

KJ4140 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thats an ok Bills draft, I would be alright with that. But I'd much rather see Willis in the first, McCauley in the second, and any top RB in the third- Pittman's fine.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:28 AM    (permalink
DowntownReggieBrown
Rookie

DowntownReggieBrown hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good Eagles picks although they have more pressing needs on defense that should be addressed in rd. 2 even though I like Leonard. CB-S-LB-DL should be top 3 picks, IMO

1. Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie
2. Chris Williams
3. Kenny Phillips
4. Devin Thomas
DowntownReggieBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:43 AM    (permalink
lsantaoe

1. Don't like Nelson.
2. Good pick; Ugoh is on the board and would be better though IMO
3. I could live with it; although unfortuneatly it looks like we will tag Kerney :( We need depth though.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:21 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Excellent Bills draft.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Superb Bengals mock.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My God What An Awesome Chiefs Mock
Old 02-19-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You got lazy with the last few rounds, no jerseys and pics. Pretty good Buc draft.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
volstitansfan

Leon Hall wouldnt fall that far in that scenario.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:36 PM    (permalink
LB51

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
i dont think the giants will take willis(and i dont think he falls that far) he's a MLB and we have pierce. poz or timmons will be our 1st round choice if we go LB, in your mock i think we grab hall- but very good mock as a whole!
I agree, but willis could probably go to OLB, most likely the giants would take Leon Hall in that situation.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:08 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the responses, guys! I've tried to address a couple of them here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
3. You are wrong, the latest is, Kerney is sticking around.
As an Atlanta fan, it goes without saying that you'd be more in tune to the situation than I am. The latest I'd heard was that his contract voids tomorrow and they're still talking. As for O-line, Free was a consideration in the third round, but I just didn't feel great about the Kerney situation at that point and went DE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58
Rams picks

1. :(
2. :|
3. :?
I'd ask you to elaborate, but since you've ignored repeated questions to elaborate on your Timmons opinion in the Rams Team Discussion thread, it'd probably be a waste of time here. Ignoring Timmons for a moment, I don't know how a Rams fan can't feel good about adding an interior D-lineman like Justin Harrell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation
1st :|
2nd :D
3rd :)

CJ or AD please in the first. moss and/or jordan look to be gone. love the 2nd. in the 3rd i like it but Marcus Thomas could be the pick too
AD, I wasn't feeling first overall. I did have a pretty hard time deciding between Russell and CJ at the top though, for what that's worth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
I'm not sold on Willis having great value earlier than that, and ultimately I felt better about Willis for the Giants there than I did Poz. While I have some concerns about Willis in coverage, I think he could play OLB for New York. As you said though, a corner like Hall was an option at the time. If you reverse it and go corner in round one though, your choice of LB in the second is basically Rufus Alexander or Stewart Bradley. As it turned out, I'd rather have Willis and Josh Wilson so I thought it worked out in the end for NY.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenPlayer52
good overall draft, and i like the ravens 2nd round pick but Victor Abiamiri is fit for a 3-4 defense adn wouldn't fit our defense well. Give us Ben Grubbs, Daymeion Hughes, or Marcus McCauley instead.
I personally don't think Abiamiri is limited to the 3-4, especially if he improves his ability to get off blocks. And as I said in the reasoning, I didn't feel great about Baltimore's status at DE, and if Thomas leaves, that's additional pass rush production out the door.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmitty45
I think this is very solid but i might rather hae Hughes in 2nd and Yanda in 3rd, but i cant complain
Passing on Hughes in the second was a tough decision, especially with Bly on the trade block. In the end, I felt offensive line was more of a priority due to Martz's offense, especially with arguably the top guard prospect still on the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ4140
Thats an ok Bills draft, I would be alright with that. But I'd much rather see Willis in the first, McCauley in the second, and any top RB in the third- Pittman's fine.
As I mentioned above, I don't consider Willis as great value at that point. Might change after workouts, though. :?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownReggieBrown
Good Eagles picks although they have more pressing needs on defense that should be addressed in rd. 2 even though I like Leonard. CB-S-LB-DL should be top 3 picks, IMO
As I started the second round, I had initially thought about David Harris to Philly in the second, but I ended up having him go earlier. McCauley was an option for that pick but I just liked the idea of Leonard sharing the backfield with Westbrook for the Eagles.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a very good Saints draft.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote