Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-09-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I'll have to see the play again, but I thought it was one of the "unnecessary" blocks that was bourne out of Warren Sapp's blindside block on Chad Clifton half of a decade ago.
Old 12-09-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

If Bigby can bring down the aggressiveness just a tad he can be awesome. I was telling my mom today... everybody wants to down talk him the last month or two but he had like zero negative plays early in the year. Remember the first 7 or 8 weeks our corners always got calls against them. Lately it has been the safeties, mainly Bigby. I also said to her most of his calls wouldn't get called up until the last 5 years or so. You think Ronnie Lott could come in and play the same way he used to in today's NFL? That's why Bigby just need to reign in it a tad, be more fine tuned. I know he's 26 now and been in in the league a couple years but he's still a rookie from a games played standpoint. An undrafted one at that.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know about awesome but if he toned it down a little it would definately help is game. He just doesn't have some of the physical abilities that other players do, he relies more on heart and effort and you have to admire that I guess. I still think he's our best option at SS for now.

How about Ryan Grant!!!! I love the way he runs, he's the one-cut back then downhill runner we have been looking for the past 2 years. I think it was my sig that pushed him over the top.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
...because the Raiders made dumb mistakes...
No plenty of them today were weak calls.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
How about Ryan Grant!!!! I love the way he runs, he's the one-cut back then downhill runner we have been looking for the past 2 years. I think it was my sig that pushed him over the top.
If people keep giving us a running back in mocks I'm going to punch them in the face. Grant is the real deal.
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
No plenty of them today were weak calls.
Care to give some examples? The only one I can think of was Blackmon stepping out of bounds on the return.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I don't know about awesome but if he toned it down a little it would definately help is game. He just doesn't have some of the physical abilities that other players do, he relies more on heart and effort and you have to admire that I guess. I still think he's our best option at SS for now.

Against good passing teams, Bigby will get picked on. Dallas had a field day on him. Hes effective when we blitz him or allow him to be physical. When hes alone in coverage, hes already beaten. With the scheme we play the SS has to be able to make plays. Imagine in the playoffs against Dallas or at best NE, it would be a disaster.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 05:55 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The call against Jenkins on the interception return was terrible. It was a legal block, and the call was only made because the block was on the QB. If the quarterback is allowed to make the tackle, then blocking him should be legal.

Ryan Grant continues to play impressively. Every week I feel more confident that he is the real deal.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
I'll have to see the play again, but I thought it was one of the "unnecessary" blocks that was bourne out of Warren Sapp's blindside block on Chad Clifton half of a decade ago.
That's the feel that I got on it too. Whether it was legal or not I don't know.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:50 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a ******** call. Its not Jenkin's problem that McCown wasn't paying any attention. Thats his own fault. The way QB's get protected just makes me sick.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Sapp's block on Clifton wasn't only illegal because Clifton was nowhere near the play while the player was being tackled, but I'm pretty sure Sapp left his feet to make the block.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
Sapp's block on Clifton wasn't only illegal because Clifton was nowhere near the play while the player was being tackled, but I'm pretty sure Sapp left his feet to make the block.
Yeah, he launched himself into Clifton from the side when Clifton was at least 20 yards from the ball and behind it. Plus he celebrated and bragged about it afterwards, saying he sought out Clifton ala "Yeah, I was a heat-seeking missile," Sapp said. "Boom. Boom. Boom. And I hit him." "

Not exactly the same as throwing a simple, clean block on a guy moving towards the ball.
Sportsfan486 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Put a jersey on"
Old 12-09-2007, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default asdfq2e4f

Well that was ugly. I think that was the worst our defense has played all year, but we have had problems stopping the run all year so kudos to GB's offensive staff. Your {Pack's] defense is looking strong tho, Barnett and Hawk are studly together.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
bigboiajhawk
Veteran

bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigboiajhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Favorite play of the game that also summarizes the packer receiver corps was the donald lee touchdown, I mean he stiff armed stuart schweigert so bad, and justin harrell was in on the action, i think its only a matter of time before he starts to play on a more consistent basis. I think AJ and Nick B are the top linebacker duo in the league. I like that this was a game the packers were supposed to dominate and they did. another great game by grant as well. If he continues on this pace he will have over 1000 yards on the season.
bigboiajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Care to give some examples? The only one I can think of was Blackmon stepping out of bounds on the return.
or like how they called a holding penalty on Sims on 2nd and 22 and we completed a pass to Miller for a first.That was extremely lame call by the ref.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:08 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
or like how they called a holding penalty on Sims on 2nd and 22 and we completed a pass to Miller for a first.That was extremely lame call by the ref.
He had Jenkins around the neck. That was about as easy as a holding call gets.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komp View Post
Well that was ugly. I think that was the worst our defense has played all year, but we have had problems stopping the run all year so kudos to GB's offensive staff. Your {Pack's] defense is looking strong tho, Barnett and Hawk are studly together.
Im suprised by how good yalls line is getting in pass protect, i dont thik we had a single sack, Bigby almost got one, plus mccown is great in the pocket

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote