Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 12-10-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Our cap situation...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../week14/4.html

looks like we will have 19 million of cap room, but after cuts and perhaps renegotiating some bonuses (ie turning regular bonuses into the signing bonus, Darwin Walker is a prime example of this for us) that number can increase to about 25 million. Lets say the rookie pool is 5 mil, so we should have plenty to resign Briggs and Berrian, while making some smaller signings as well and keeping enough to extend Harris' contract.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's good to hear, but the biggest concern isn't so much cap space as it is being competitive in a market where everyone is going to have ungodly amounts of cap room and revenue.

On the other hand, this yet again reinforces why we should absolutely put the cap on Berrian if we can't sign him longterm.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

at first I thought we would have less cap room, more like 10-15 range, so I didn't think franchising Berrian would be the smartest thing, but now overpaying him by 2-3 million wouldn't be such a bad thing.

As long as we keep Briggs long term, I'll be happy.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:35 PM    (permalink
k0ng
Rookie

k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.k0ng could make a wolverine purr.

Any chance we have enough to resign Briggs, Berrian, and nab an OG in FA? I think there are some decent young ones that are going to be available.
k0ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 03:41 AM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ng View Post
Any chance we have enough to resign Briggs, Berrian, and nab an OG in FA? I think there are some decent young ones that are going to be available.
This is more reason to sign at least one O-Lineman in FA which will give us some breathing room to utilize the 1st round pick on the best available QB, RB, or O-Lineman that lands to us.

I like your option of getting a fat boy such as Corey Williams from the Pack.

I'd also like the option to get any of these lineman to help us out.

OT - Max Starks - Pitt
OT- Travelle Wharton - Carolina

OG- Jake Scott - Indy
OG- Ryan Lilja - Indy
Old 12-11-2007, 04:04 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No to Indy lineman. They always go elsewhere and absolutely fail. It's the system. NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOO.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Hurricane Ditka
Team Leader
All-Pro

Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricane Ditka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
This is more reason to sign at least one O-Lineman in FA which will give us some breathing room to utilize the 1st round pick on the best available QB, RB, or O-Lineman that lands to us.

I like your option of getting a fat boy such as Corey Williams from the Pack.

I'd also like the option to get any of these lineman to help us out.

OT - Max Starks - Pitt
OT- Travelle Wharton - Carolina

OG- Jake Scott - Indy
OG- Ryan Lilja - Indy
We will have to overpay drastically for any of those 4.

sig by VLS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I don't care...
Hurricane Ditka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellepelle_10 View Post
OG- Jake Scott - Indy
OG- Ryan Lilja - Indy
indy linemen are are like denver linemen.

neither of which we want. silly.

the cap room is a good thing though... hopefully we'll be able to take some from walkers HUGE 5mil contract back...

keeping briggs is paramount...
berrian is less so. as good as i think he is... we can't overpay him... period. if we can keep his contract down by keeping him in chicago, we we should take it...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote