Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-19-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Here is why we don't need Political/Religion debate here...

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:55 PM    (permalink
snuff

study in 2003 suggested that up to 16 million people worldwide — and 8 per cent of Asian men — were descended from Genghis Khan
Old 02-19-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
study in 2003 suggested that up to 16 million people worldwide — and 8 per cent of Asian men — were descended from Genghis Khan
Almost brings a tear to my eye.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:21 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's funny.

I always wondered how people got into politics then bam I hit college.... Now I know why.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ

That's funny.

I always wondered how people got into politics then bam I hit college.... Now I know why.
Unless opening a religion/politics forum would lead to that end, solving all the world's differences, then it would just be a colossal waste of time. Especially when most have educated themselves, and have made their own personal decisions on what to believe in, what not to believe in, politically, scientifically, religiously.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:28 PM    (permalink
snuff

Talking about politics and religion is no less pointless than discussing 22 year old kids.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

dude, i made the upper left hand corner of the front page of the washington post.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:30 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
dude, i made the upper left hand corner of the front page of the washington post.
I would expect better jokes from you.
Shiver
Icon

I don't believe that. All those discussion, I am referring to, go on and on, with no finite end in sight. It's like a Michael Vick, Peyton vs Tom, etcetera, thread, x100.

njx9
Suck it Rob
All-NFLDC

njx9 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
I would expect better jokes from you.
you made a mistake in expecting ANY jokes from me.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I don't believe that. All those discussion, I am referring to, go on and on, with no finite end in sight. It's like a Michael Vick thread, x100, and everyone knows how sick I, and many others, are of those.
Exactly politics and religion is as played out as Brady Quinn and Troy Smith's height threads... There is no difference. Its not like people haven't made up their minds on prospects. The only way people will change their view is if its coming from toonster or scott.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
I don't believe that. All those discussion, I am referring to, go on and on, with no finite end in sight. It's like a Michael Vick thread, x100, and everyone knows how sick I, and many others, are of those.
Exactly politics and religion is as played out as Brady Quinn and Troy Smith's height threads... There is no difference. Its not like people haven't made up their minds on prospects. The only way people will change their view is if its coming from toonster or scott.
Are there any posters, or people anywhere, who can change anyone's view on those topics? It's unlikely. Besides, this is a Football forum, I expect to debate football related discussions. If I wanted to debate evolution, religion, left vs right, I would go to a appropriate forum. I have seen gaming forums that have a "Thought Provoking Forum," it's throughly pointless, especially with a predominantly 17-year old audience, incapable of forming intelligent retorts.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Are there any posters, or people anywhere, who can change anyone's view on those topics? It's unlikely. Besides, this is a Football forum, I expect to debate football related discussions. If I wanted to debate evolution, religion, left vs right, I would go to a appropriate forum.
You expect to debate football yet your hanging out in the off topic thread creating threads on politics and religion. Awesome.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Or yourself.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Are there any posters, or people anywhere, who can change anyone's view on those topics? It's unlikely. Besides, this is a Football forum, I expect to debate football related discussions. If I wanted to debate evolution, religion, left vs right, I would go to a appropriate forum.
You expect to debate football yet your hanging out in the off topic thread creating threads on politics and religion. Awesome.
Touche, although I might add, I rarely post in Off-Topic forum.

Old 02-20-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like to debate it, because the art of debate naturally makes you investigate your own beliefs much more thoroughly.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
I like to debate it, because the art of debate naturally makes you investigate your own beliefs much more thoroughly.
this is well said... I love debating with my girlfriend over religion and politics... given that she's catholic and I'm... well... not.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 12:55 AM    (permalink
snuff

debating gives me a hard on.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

While I respect the choice of this forum to not discuss certain things (even if I don't agree with it at all), using the reasoning "chances are we won't figure this out, so we might as well not talk about it at all" is totally ridiculous.

It is human nature to talk over things, even if reaching a solid conclusion is incredibly unlikely.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:00 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck
While I respect the choice of this forum to not discuss certain things (even if I don't agree with it at all), using the reasoning "chances are we won't figure this out, so we might as well not talk about it at all" is totally ridiculous.

It is human nature to talk over things, even if reaching a solid conclusion is incredibly unlikely.
the reason this site doesn't allow it is because it leads to flaming... nothing more complicated than that.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:21 AM    (permalink
bigrick0016

The reason we don't debate politics is because the average age here is about 15 and a half. When you can't buy cigarettes, I don't want to hear your thoughts on foreign policy. In fact, I don't want to hear 98% of this boards thoughts on sports. Chances are, unless you're old enough to be in the phonebook, you have nothing worthwhile to say........ever
Old 02-20-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
the reason this site doesn't allow it is because it leads to flaming... nothing more complicated than that.
I'm not criticizing the rule, I'm criticizing the reasoning Shiver was giving.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and its the cause for all the worlds problems.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 01:27 AM    (permalink
frogstomp

I just want a political thread for when people make off-base, untrue, and essentially propaganda type posts.

Those bother me, and I would like to be able to say why, and what was wrong.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrick0016
The reason we don't debate politics is because the average age here is about 15 and a half. When you can't buy cigarettes, I don't want to hear your thoughts on foreign policy. In fact, I don't want to hear 98% of this boards thoughts on sports. Chances are, unless you're old enough to be in the phonebook, you have nothing worthwhile to say........ever
Rick's actually closer than most on the reason. It isn't due to flaming "per say." But, if you could debate it without flaming we'd be good. The problem is some people long long ago, before my time, messed it up for all of us with an overabundance of flaming. That and when these issues do pop up *cough*Hardaway*cough* people STILL get angry and flame over nothing. That doesn't really show it is something a sports forum is for and should handle.

And if you think the idea of allowing these debates hasn't been brought back up, then you are severely wrong.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote