Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 12-12-2007, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lane Kiffin Gone???

I JUST HEARD FROM RF.NET THAT HE HAS RESIGNED FROM THE JOB. Atleast they're reporting this on their ''Premium'' part, which supposedly gets inside info.

I dont know if this is true, I'm just posting what I'm hearing. I cant get the full news because I dont have premium I'm just posting what they're saying on the main forums.
Old 12-12-2007, 01:56 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Do you have a link?
Old 12-12-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xonraider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
Do you have a link?
I'm posting what they're saying on RF.net. Those guys usually get the news first.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
jefepowhnzer
Rookie

jefepowhnzer hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know to take PFT with a grain of salt, but there is a blurb on Kiffin being pissed that he didn't get the Arkansas job.
jefepowhnzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

I used to have a membership there. Hit and miss with their stuff but you never know.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Alright, I think the word is that Kiffin is basically gone. Maybe not now but at least after the season ends. I don't doubt the PFT report at all, even though they once reported Terry Bradshaw had died. The only thing that is puzzling is that there are not many attractive college jobs left that are willing to pay a colossal amount of money. Michigan is clearly a top job but I don't think they will pay for a big name (unless it was miles)
Old 12-12-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay for coaching stability!

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Raiders. If Kiffin leaves, that will be 4 coaches in 4 years.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

might as well as make Ryan the HC, he the best option out there.
Old 12-12-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Hawk
Pro Bowler

Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
Poor Raiders. If Kiffin leaves, that will be 4 coaches in 4 years.
Yeah, not quite the right strategy with a young QB and team as a whole

Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The odd thing about all this is that, for the most part, Lane's done a decent job. The talent's just not there yet, but he's done well, IMO, with what's been there. Leads me to wonder if there are any issues between Al and Lane that surfaced quicker than folks expected.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Why does he want to leave?
Old 12-12-2007, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

First of all I think we might be getting a bit rushed with the news. I'm not saying it won't happen but there are better sources than a fan message board.
Old 12-12-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Xonraider
All-Pro

Ok so here's what I am getting, don't know how true it is, but we all know how the Raiders and Al act, so take it as it comes:

Lane was supposed to go to Arkansas, but in reality, Petrino was the number one guym, but they never expected him to accept. Well, he did and Kiffin was pissed. He began cursing and slamming doors. APPARENTLY, Al Davis was helping him get that job at Arkansas through some connections he had there.

That is all I got.
Old 12-12-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be so dissapointed if Kiffin leaves. IMO he has done a good job so far and has the team going in the right direction. The only reason I could see him wanting to leave is Al Davis. Maybe behind the scenes Al isn't letting Kiffin do what he wants. I don't know, but I hope these are just rumors.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

I could see Al firing Rob Ryan too. IDK.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I hope he stays.He has this team going in the right direction.I guess Al Davis cant bully him around.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:04 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently Michigan has spoken with him about their vacancy.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this stuff makes no sense at all. I'll believe it when I see it.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

The Oakland Tribune had a funny jab towards ProFootballTalk.com in their blog.

Quote:
Kiffin threw a chair through his office window and challenged Al Davis to fight when he found out Norm Chow was interviewing for the UCLA job, according to a non-industry source who made up the story.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy View Post
The Oakland Tribune had a funny jab towards ProFootballTalk.com in their blog.
LOL, good stuff
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Petrino was a situation anyone could see coming. Kiffin hasn't appeared anywhere near as useless as Shanahan was for Al Davis to fire him, and despite getting rocked by a vastly superior Green Bay team last week, Oakland has looked pretty damn good as of late.

I refuse to believe any of these rumors until something more concrete pops up.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Gatz
Rookie

Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.Gatz is a cocksman.

Wow, if Kiffin leaves, college coaches might have to wait a while to jump to the Nfl.
But rumors are rumors.
I know that quote from the Oakland tribune was meant to be funny, but I would be ecstatic if Norm Chow became UCLA's headcoach. All those highly recruited QBs would actually pan out.
Gatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Yah I don't really believe any of these rumors, but I think we will be hearing a lot of them since Kiffin is fresh from the college ranks.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, I don't see much credence to any of these rumors. I think Kiffin is here at least one more year and probably a few more after that. Anything past that will depend on relationship with Davis (just like Gruden's tenure here) and how well the team performs. I fully expect a .500 team or better next year and thus reserving one more year at least for Kiffin. Double digit losses again and his job might be in trouble.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote