Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-16-2007, 02:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default FA and Trade thread

I cannot bear to watch this Falcon run defense. I think we just gave up like 40 yards to michael bennet on 3 carries.

Is anyone here interested in Jonathan Vilma? I say we give up one of our 2nd round picks (preferably Houstons) and take Vilma away from a system that doesnt suit him at all. He can be the instinctive MLB that we need. Pair him up with Boley and thats a great duo.

And in the FA, we need to get another big DT. A big guy to take up space. I know we have injuries at the DT position, but we need more depth and rotation as well. Drafting Dorsey will not do it. I dont think he can play NT like we need, and I think we are fine at UT with Coleman and Babs (I think Babs might be a capable starter as well).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
SimonRath
Pro Bowler

SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SimonRath is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vilma would be amazing to get
i think hes deffinitly worth a 2nd rounder
SimonRath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd go fishing for that...but lets see who we're going to bring in here and see if we run a 4-3 or 3-4 first. If we stick with a 4-3 then I'd like to look at him see if we could bring him in for a 3rd rounder...he's not going to draw much because they don't have the cards...they can't really use him there and it's not he's going to be happy...so they have to take what they can get.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:58 PM    (permalink
JDB7821
Rookie

JDB7821 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why are all of you writing off Trey Lewis? He was doing exceptionally well before he got hurt. I think Coleman needs to be replaced before Lewis.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:33 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lewis is good but could use a solid player to rotate with him. Coleman and BAbs are hte rotation there. IMO I think we sign Corey Williams from GB to rotate with Lewis and then also sign a guy in the OL.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need depth.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-16-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where in the world is Justin Blalock? After the first few games he impressed me, but now he's not playing.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He didn't play today? You sure? I haven't watched the whole game yet...but last I noticed not noticing an offensive lineman is good...
Old 12-18-2007, 10:20 AM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we do end up with Mike Singletary as our coach I know he really loves his LB's so I wouldnt be suprise if we do make a run for Vilma
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsrule View Post
If we do end up with Mike Singletary as our coach I know he really loves his LB's so I wouldnt be suprise if we do make a run for Vilma
I would actually. Singletary loves his LB,s but that means he would draft hsi own young guy and mold him. I coudl see us taking Vince Hall.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 12-19-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Vince Hall is a MLB I'd LOVE to have.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a beast. Nice 3rd or 4th round pick.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Hm. Apparently there are chances of us trading our first to Dallas for M. Barber and a couple of other picks. It could happen. Not saying there are already talks about it.

He would be an unbelievable compliment to Norwood. Both would share carries, making sure each is fresh, and each is motivated during each play (problem Barber might have if he is the every down back.

Old 12-20-2007, 03:14 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I'd rather hold our own pick really.
Old 12-20-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I'd be vaguely tempted to take Barber and the Cowboys' two first round picks, but I really don't see it happening. That would value Barber as a 1st rounder in his own right, which is a stretch. That said, he'd be a great complement to Norwood, and:

1a: QB
1b: LT
2a: RG
2b: NT
3: MLB

So, our (old) first day haul would be, let's say:

Barber, Woodson, Loadholt, Duke Robinson, Frank Okam, and Vince Hall. That would be a pretty decent nucleus to add to Hall, Boley, Anderson, Babs, Roddy, Norwood, Houston, Williams...

Then add in Free Agents.

As I said, I doubt Dallas would do it, and it's even slightly undervalued for us; still, if we're going to reset, having that number of high picks would be very helpful.
Old 12-20-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would do it but only if it was Barber and both first round picks. Anything less would be a no. Or Barber, a first, a second, and a future second.

But that's very unlikely.

Old 12-20-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

At this point I doubt anyone wants to come here. Players, coaches, general managers, etcetra (spelling). Ugh.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:11 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really sucks to be a falcons fan right now.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 09:18 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

hmmm... what about Jamal Lewis? Bring in Max Starks for RT, and bring in some OL through the draft as well like the Browns did. imagine getting Starks, Long, having Blalock, and McClure and Forney already, I can see us havign a very solid run game.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 12-22-2007, 06:20 AM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

Vilma would be great, but this year I would really like to see FA and Draft concentrate on the Offence.

Long or Starks at RT
A LT to develope behind Weiner
An OG to repleace Forney
A 1st and 2nd down RB to repelace DUnn
And 2 QB's, a young one to hold the clipboard and a vet to take the beatdown that coming next season.

Unless the new coach wants to run the 3-4 in which case the Falcons can't possibly get everything needed.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I think we need to sign a veteran CB. Chris Houston is not ready for the pro game yet. He is picked on constantly.

Old 12-23-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
I think we need to sign a veteran CB. Chris Houston is not ready for the pro game yet. He is picked on constantly.
Houston will be fine. I think he's picked on because he's hit that Rookie wall and needs to have more games to break through it. but he will he'll be fine. playing across from Hall doesn't help. I think what we need is a NT and a MLB and our defense will be set for the most part. I think our biggest problems lie in those spots. I think we shoudl trade our later 2nd for Vilma and sign Starks and Haynesworth and Jamal Lewis if possible.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 12-23-2007, 10:06 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Unless we get another top 5 corner somehow, he's going to be picked on constantly. You can't throw at Deangelo...sorry...if you do you're stupid. But if you don't pick on a rookie you're a weak coach. The thing is Houston is developing and learning one of the toughest positions in the NFL. Looks like he's going to be a real winner to me, and I don't think we could find another corner to do a BETTER job than he will be doing. I'm glad he's getting to play now, and next season he'll be more ready. Remember this is the toughest year of football for any rookie in their entire life. They didn't get any breaks from football like they normally do.

I want to spend money in the trenches this year. Haynesworth and Starks sounds like a GREAT offseason to me.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

I know Houston will be the answer in the future, but I think we need a CB who can react to the ball better, until Houston's ball skills get better. I was happy to have him on our team today because we needed to lose and I knew the other team would pick on him easily. Imagine if we wanted to win...

I think we need to pick up a decent FA and have Houston at nickel until he gets better.

Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

No thanks, leave him as the starter opposite Hall. Waste of money to go out and sign a FA and have a supertalented kid sit and wait and waste time he could be out there really improving and helping us win. He had 1 great game already, it was just a flash, but it will show up, right now he's locked onto WRs and not watching the ball...I'd rather have that than the other. Having him out there IS us putting our best players out there and trying to win. Him opposite Hall is going to be NASTY next season, especially with a healthy coleman lewis babs rotation that will increase our pass rush.