Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-16-2007, 10:14 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Jamaal Anderson

looks like he's finally waking up. LOTS of pressures today...makes me happy. Just want him to actually get there once before the end of the season. His sack in the pre-season was amazing...bowling over the OL and Carson...I hope he'll go back to that. But he was pushing everyone around today. I enjoyed watching that.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has a lot of work to do between now and next year. He was raw coming out, but the fact that he hasn't been able to get a sack is disconcerting. At least he is really good against the run.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

To me, I'd rather have a guy holding the point of attack at the left end position. I know you want DEs to get sacks...but fact of the matter is, if they were focusing on getting him to stop the run, they did it. That's where most rookie DEs get hammered, so I'm sure he can develop into a pass rusher...you don't get 17.5 sacks in a single season and not have an ability to get to the QB. He's also 21 years old...lets give him til 25 before we start expecting him to put up 10+ sacks / season.
Old 12-17-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stopping the run is good and well, but you don't draft a defensive end eighth overall to stop the run. You draft him above all to get to the QB and then stop the run. Defensive ends will never be remembered for stopping the run, all of the great defensive ends are remembered for getting to the QB, and stopping the run is added on as a bonus. While that may be unfair it is how it is and is why you draft a defensive end high- to get sacks.

Oh, and he's fat.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:30 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Yeah, but when it comes to winning championships...I want a guy like Anderson who we get to grow. He's got immense potential. yes, I want him to get into better shape, but remember 4 years ago he was a WR. He had to pickup weight to be effective...now he's immense...his weight is going to be a HUGE bonus for him at his size. He still has good speed, people forget how agile he is. He's going to be a dominant pass rusher. You could see him on Sunday, you'd see how well he was doing...he was pressuring the QB many times, and it was fun to watch him.
Old 12-18-2007, 03:57 PM    (permalink
flrybranch
Rookie

flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.flrybranch could make a wolverine purr.

I've said in other threads......

With all the holes we have on this team, I'm not overly worried about a rookie DE not getting a sack.

Three OT's on IR.
Two DT's on IR and another DT cut.
One QB in jail and three others that should be backups.
An OLD starting RB and a backup that can't have more than 10 carries per game without getting dinged.
A Pro Bowl TE that's having a very down year.

Anderson has looked O.K. this year for everything that has went wrong with the team. I expect next season to be much more productive for him.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is just so slow off the line.

Old 12-18-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, we get it. You don't like Anderson. I think that complaining about his lack of production as a rookie comprises half of your post count.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im pleased with Jamaal. He didnt have a sack but hes been really good against the run. He did make the QB move out of the pocket quite a few times but i think he'll be a good pass rusher once he gets better technique and has some moves he could use.
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

I like him...just want him to muscle up in the off season.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Alright, we get it. You don't like Anderson. I think that complaining about his lack of production as a rookie comprises half of your post count.
Well, if people are going to say how they like him or dislike him I'll add my input.