Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 12-18-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Matt Ryan Scouting Report

Feel free to discuss in this thread!

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sounds good to me, good stuff

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:29 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isnt it a little contradictory to call him a first round pick without the potential to be a franchise qb?

it seems like a QB ought to have that kind of potential to be in the mix for a top 5-10 pick
Old 12-18-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I watch and read Matt Ryan I see a lot of Matt Hasselback. Both seem like gun slingers sometimes and also both are very passionate about the game of football. Also both went to BC. The biggest thing I see him being like Matt is his streaks of great throws, fast reads then his poorly thrown balls that were forced. I think in the right situation he can defiantly be a franchise guy just not Peyton or Tom.

That being said looks great Scott. Cant wait to read more of your reports in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the scouting report and it screams bust. He extends plays without the ability to push the ball downfield. He also forces too many plays after extending them, resulting in interceptions. He also gets way too much credit for his performance against Virginia Tech. in the final two minutes, while he struggled for 58 minutes. He then was not clutch against Florida State or in the second Virginia Tech. game.

He's so overrated. He will only succeed in select situations.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I agree with the scouting report and it screams bust. He extends plays without the ability to push the ball downfield. He also forces too many plays after extending them, resulting in interceptions. He also gets way too much credit for his performance against Virginia Tech. in the final two minutes, while he struggled for 58 minutes. He then was not clutch against Florida State or in the second Virginia Tech. game.

He's so overrated. He will only succeed in select situations.
i agree. now is it just me or does it seem like ryan, along with brohm and woodson, are only the "elite 3 QB's" of this draft because there aren't any legitimate elite QB's like a vince young or eli manning (at the time)?

all three seem to scream bust...
Old 12-18-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, in a good draft they all fall at best in the teens, most likely at the end of round 1. I like Brohm a bit though and feel he can succeed.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:45 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best value for a QB this year based on draft projections is Colt Brennan who wouldnt cost you a first yet still has the same if not better potential than the supposed "3 Elite QBs."
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Best value for a QB this year based on draft projections is Colt Brennan who wouldnt cost you a first yet still has the same if not better potential than the supposed "3 Elite QBs."
i know what you mean. i was going to say something to that effect in my earlier post.

of the elite 3 though, i think andre woodson might have the best shot if, for nothing else, his measureables.

but im not sure id like to see any of the three behind center for the bears...
Old 12-18-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
i agree. now is it just me or does it seem like ryan, along with brohm and woodson, are only the "elite 3 QB's" of this draft because there aren't any legitimate elite QB's like a vince young or eli manning (at the time)?

all three seem to scream bust...

that's why neither of em have the "elite prospect" tag.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:05 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
that's why neither of em have the "elite prospect" tag.
well youd have to think a quarterback being taken that early would have to qualify as "elite" to the team making the pick
Old 12-18-2007, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
isnt it a little contradictory to call him a first round pick without the potential to be a franchise qb?

it seems like a QB ought to have that kind of potential to be in the mix for a top 5-10 pick
I agree, I don't see Matt Ryan as a Top 5 or 10 draft pick. In my mind he isn't in the same class as Brady Quinn was a year ago and is basically a poor-man's Matt Leinart. However, a lot of teams need quarterbacks and there isn't an "elite" signal caller available so just like in 2005 with Alex Smith guys are going to get pushed up.

It's still far from a sure-thing that Ryan will even be my #1 QB when all is said and done, I like Brohm a lot and Woodson has a big upside.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:17 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

"Matty Ice"

wonder where he got that nickname from...

BTW Scott - are you going to mention how Ryan said he didn't want to play for Atlanta in his scouting report? That surely should be a red flag.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
BTW Scott - are you going to mention how Ryan said he didn't want to play for Atlanta in his scouting report? That surely should be a red flag.
I have still yet to see any evidence of this...

Old 12-19-2007, 12:36 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
When I watch and read Matt Ryan I see a lot of Matt Hasselback. Both seem like gun slingers sometimes and also both are very passionate about the game of football. Also both went to BC. The biggest thing I see him being like Matt is his streaks of great throws, fast reads then his poorly thrown balls that were forced. I think in the right situation he can defiantly be a franchise guy just not Peyton or Tom.

That being said looks great Scott. Cant wait to read more of your reports in the future.
I made that comparison on JI a few months ago...I still like it.

Agree with this whole post. I also don't buy that he's as NFL ready as some seem to believe. He needs time to fill out his frame, and I think it could benefit his arm strength a little bit.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not too shabby, I pretty much agree with your statement of him being in a similar situation as Alex Smith was several years ago, in other words, he's being pushed up the boards a bit because there isn't an elite signal caller this year.

I think of him in the same class as Brady Quinn, from my perspective. A guy who I don't consider a franchise QB, but could potentially blossom into that role. Quinn issue was more about having bad mechanics than anything else though. I feel like they're both inconsistent.

To be honest, I'm an obvious Woodson fan, but I think the Senior Bowl and Combine is going to be critical in deciding the top signal caller taken this year. More so than other years. I hope whoever these guys hire as an agent tells them that.

Nonetheless, while I'm sure we all can disagree with your scouting reports from time to time (though I basically agree with most of them at this point) I think you generally hit the nail on the head.

Much appreciated, Scott.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post

I think of him in the same class as Brady Quinn, from my perspective. A guy who I don't consider a franchise QB, but could potentially blossom into that role.
But Quinn had a much stronger arm, a longer track record, etc.

Old 12-19-2007, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That I would agree with. In terms of physical tools, Quinn is a class above, I just think in terms of them being franchise QB's (at some point) they're on the same level. In other words it can happen, but I'm not sure when or if it'll happen.

I'd give the edge to Quinn because has more potential - primarily because I feel like most of his downsides can be corrected. Ryan's flaws (such as arm strength, as you mentioned) aren't really something that can be coached.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
That I would agree with. In terms of physical tools, Quinn is a class above, I just think in terms of them being franchise QB's (at some point) they're on the same level. In other words it can happen, but I'm not sure when or if it'll happen.

I'd give the edge to Quinn because has more potential - primarily because I feel like most of his downsides can be corrected. Ryan's flaws (such as arm strength, as you mentioned) aren't really something that can be coached.
I don't think anyone ever had any doubts of brady quinn becoming a franchise qb. succeeding is another issue/topic for debate.

but i think BQ coming out was much more of a soon-to-be franchise qb than ryan is at this point.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 09:38 PM    (permalink
downthealley
Rookie

downthealley hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quinn doesn't turn the ball over and force plays, Ryan does. Thats the key difference in who was/is more ready to be a franchise QB.
downthealley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 12:41 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds a bit like Eli Manning.
Old 12-20-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

Location: TJ Warren is a better and more productive player than Jabari Parker
SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgrenade View Post
Sounds a bit like Eli Manning.
Nah, Ryan does at the least have charisma

The scouting report reads a lot like Jake Delhomme tbh. Of course, Delhomme needed a few years to develop. If Ryan doesnt get a while I have a feeling he's a massive bust
Old 12-20-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
downthealley
Rookie

downthealley hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yeah, Ryan has that leadership quality that isn't seen in Eli Manning. He also shows emotion on the field...theres a huge difference in terms of those traits.
downthealley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 07:08 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he's overrated. He is a pretty good leader and won't quit but he also makes alot of really bad decisions which is not something you should expect from a 5th year senior. He forces way too many balls and tries to throw off his back foot way too much yet doesn't have the arm strength to over come it. I think he was exposed when he faced good defenses like VT and FSU. And don't bring up the whole VT come back thing, thats just because VT's offense couldn't do anything and their D was gassed by the end of the game. Especially since BC recovered an onside kick after a very long drive. I think he looks like a good college QB who makes a nice backup at the next level.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the scouting report. Looks like he going to be a top 5 pick to the Falcons. I would like to see you NFL Comparison for player in their scouting reports.
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote