Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-19-2007, 02:58 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.
Default Tuna

Story on ESPN about changes at the top:

In short, Parcells as VP, hiring the coach and GM; McKay staying on as Prez, but without much in the way of football duties (I'd be amazed if he accepted that).

I think that having Parcells involved could be helpful, but having a coach, GM AND Parcells could be a disaster waiting to happen. Too many cooks, and all that. It's just asking for an ego clash... especially if McKay does agree to stick around.

Also, does this mean we'd be thinking about a 3-4?

Personally, I don't think that McKay should carry the can, but I understand that if Blank has got fed up, there's only going to be one winner...
Old 12-19-2007, 04:55 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested to say the least. Supposedly Bill would bring in Garrett with the promise of getting him a QB. If we take a QB with McFadden on the board, I'm finding a new team.
Old 12-19-2007, 05:09 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

If I were Garrett, I'd be patient and stick around Dallas and their fantastic roster, waiting for Wade to retire, rather than come to Atlanta and struggle through a rebuild for my first HC job.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Now ESPN is reporting that Parcells has agreed, pending final arrangements.

Total overhaul: Parcells, plus new GM and new coach.

And sounds like McKay is definitely gone. Shame, because I think he did a good job. Every team has its fair share of FA and draft busts, and I think that he was generally ahead of the curve. But eventually the top man has to carry the can when things go wrong.

I have no idea who might be the new GM, but I'd say, with the appointment of Parcells, the top 3 candidates for HC are Singletary, Garnett and Zimmer.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:34 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wait...what? We're getting Tuna as our coach?
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

No, as VP overseeing football operations.

Basically head honcho, but with a GM and HC also.
Old 12-19-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

wow...so...he's going to be Rich McKay?
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this isnt good. if we get garrett, we'll just have another young coordinator with NO EXPERIENCE! and the tuna is fishy, no pun intended. i dont see a motive for him coming here, that is unless blank dished out a huge paycheck again. and if that is so, parcells isnt completely driven to make this franchise work.

working with the falcons is not an appealing job. we have a team to completely overhaul, our players have been portrayed negatively in regards to their character; i really wouldnt understand if someone with prestige like cowher or parcells would come here.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm interested to say the least. Supposedly Bill would bring in Garrett with the promise of getting him a QB. If we take a QB with McFadden on the board, I'm finding a new team.
You may have to start looking. I doubt Parcells would take a runningback that high, given how relatively fungible and potentially disposable he sees the position.
Old 12-19-2007, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Parcells is a big Matt Ryan fan, if that means anything.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
why would Bill bring in Garrett? I see hiim bringing in Singletary.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 01:18 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
You may have to start looking. I doubt Parcells would take a runningback that high, given how relatively fungible and potentially disposable he sees the position.
which is fine, considerign we already have 2 solid talents there in Norwood and Dunn.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 12-19-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Parcells/(Pioli? Or whoever is his GM) doesn't think a RB is worth a top-3 pick, I don't blame them. Besides, it wouldn't matter who is the RB if the QB and O-Line is not improved.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:36 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
Story on ESPN about changes at the top:

In short, Parcells as VP, hiring the coach and GM; McKay staying on as Prez, but without much in the way of football duties (I'd be amazed if he accepted that).

I think that having Parcells involved could be helpful, but having a coach, GM AND Parcells could be a disaster waiting to happen. Too many cooks, and all that. It's just asking for an ego clash... especially if McKay does agree to stick around.

Also, does this mean we'd be thinking about a 3-4?

Personally, I don't think that McKay should carry the can, but I understand that if Blank has got fed up, there's only going to be one winner...
a 3-4 wouldn't be too bad. I mean we have a lot of personnel that coudl work in it:

LE - Anderson
NT - Lewis
RE - Coleman/Babineaux
WOLB - Abraham/Davis
WILB - Brooking/Nicholas
SILB - Taylor
SOLB - Boley

Wilkins and Williams don't fit the 3-4.

but that means we need some LB depth and another MLB and another NT. so basically positions we already need on defense in MLB and NT, and we can run either defense. so I wouldn;t rule out a guy like Singletary for DC/assistant HC or full HC and give us a Hybri 3-4/4-3 defense.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 12-19-2007, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

If the team goes 3-4 then that means that Coleman and Babineaux won't last long. They are prototype 3-technique tackles, but would be lousy as 5-technique tackles. A scheme move would also mean that acquiring a big thumper at SILB would be important.

Last edited by Shiver : 12-19-2007 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-19-2007, 02:11 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
If the team goes 3-4 then that means that Coleman and Babineaux won't last long. They are prototype 3-technique tackles, but would be lousy as 5-technique tackles. A scheme move would also mean that acquiring a big thumper at SILB would be important.
I could see us trying out Chauncey Davis for somethgn liek that.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 12-19-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not joining.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Once again we are all disappointed. What's new?

Old 12-19-2007, 02:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLibid View Post
He's not joining.

Not joining ever? Or just not right now?
Old 12-19-2007, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Once again we are all disappointed. What's new?
Burning a bridge with current GM/President Rich McKay? He was/is probably going to be dumped anyways though ...
Old 12-19-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

And deservedly so.

Old 12-19-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damnit. He is reconsidering an offer with the Dolphins.

This completely blows. I didnt even hear him having a deal with us until today, and then I checked ESPN and bam, the deal was over with, and not happening.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote