Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 12-21-2007, 09:10 AM    (permalink
darnik44two
Veteran

darnik44two smells like sex panther.darnik44two smells like sex panther.
Default Plan for the Dolphins

Plan for the Dolphins next season

-Hire Bill Cowher as head coach, he says he doesn't want to coach next year...will he feel the same way if they throw 10-12 million per year at him?

-Trade a second round pick (they have 2) and a 2009 pick for QB Donovan McNabb. Sign McNabb for 3 years, figure on him starting for 2 while John Beck developes, then McNabb is his back-up for 1 year.

-Draft Darren McFadden (the best player in the draft) with the first overall pick. If Ronnie Brown is healthy, great. They would have a solid tandem in the backfield.

-Draft an OT in the second round (Ryan Clady/Barry Richardson/Chris Williams)

-Draft a WR in the 3rd round (Dorian Bryant/D.J. Hall/Keenan Burton)

-Because of the hiring of Bill Cowher they would have an upper hand at signing FA's Alan Faneca (OG), and Max Starks (OT).

-Sign WR Bryant Johnson (Arizona)

-Make an attempt to aquire FA Asante Samuel or Marcus Trufant
darnik44two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnik44two View Post
Plan for the Dolphins next season

-Hire Bill Cowher as head coach, he says he doesn't want to coach next year...will he feel the same way if they throw 10-12 million per year at him?

-Trade a second round pick (they have 2) and a 2009 pick for QB Donovan McNabb. Sign McNabb for 3 years, figure on him starting for 2 while John Beck developes, then McNabb is his back-up for 1 year.

-Draft Darren McFadden (the best player in the draft) with the first overall pick. If Ronnie Brown is healthy, great. They would have a solid tandem in the backfield.

-Draft an OT in the second round (Ryan Clady/Barry Richardson/Chris Williams)

-Draft a WR in the 3rd round (Dorian Bryant/D.J. Hall/Keenan Burton)

-Because of the hiring of Bill Cowher they would have an upper hand at signing FA's Alan Faneca (OG), and Max Starks (OT).

-Sign WR Bryant Johnson (Arizona)

-Make an attempt to aquire FA Asante Samuel or Marcus Trufant
I have to say, this is absolutely horrible. Bill Cowher has already said he is not coming back to coaching and he would clash with Bill Parcells alot.

Why on earth would we trade another 2nd round pick for yet another teams washed up QB? I'm sicking of taking people retreds.

Here's my hopes for the team:

I say Parcells brings in a coach who he has experience with and thinks alot the same lines as and can work with. Josh McDaniels the OC from New England would be a great choice. McDaniels is a younger guy (ala Lane Kiffin) that would work well with Parcells as they use the same philosophy. McDaniels can be this teams long term HC and seems to have the mentality to oversee the team and allow someone else to call the plays, something Cameron doesn't have. I think McDaniels would be a great coach.

Maurice Carthon was an OC under Parcells in Dallas and could be a solid choice to run it again here in Miami with McDaniels and Parcells. Carthon's huge, stout OLs along with McDaniels creative pass plays could form a nice offensive core.

On the Defensive side, Parcells has long been a 3-4 guy. However, due to our personel and hybrid system that is in place, I could see us going after a Ron Rivera from SD. Rivera is considered a 4-3 guy but has experience with the 3-4 being under Ted Cottrell and Buddy Ryan.

For GM, Parcells will likely make an offer to his son-in-law Scott Pioli. That's 50-50 at best. I could also see him taking a run at Phil Savage and if nothing else fails, Randy Mueller could be given another shot.

I see alot of vets getting gutted in favor of youth and other vets to fit the systems that will be put in place.

I can guarantee you that you will see us land a QB in the offseason.

For the draft, I will definately see us trying to trade down and I expect we can find a partner that will want McFadden. It would not surprise me at all to see Altanta deal a 1st, 2nd and a 2009 1st to move up a few spots to get him.

I could then see our draft going something like this:

1-Chris Long, DE
2a-Jeff Otah, OT
2b- Jonathan Goff, MLB
2c- Craig Steltz, S
3- D.J. Hall, WR
4- Robert Felton, OG
6- Henry Smith, DT
7- Coye Francies, CB
Old 12-21-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
dolfan
Rookie

dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dolfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

sign WR: D JACKSON or P Crayton
OG: Alan Faneca
CB: ANSANTE SAMUEL OR TRUFANT

draft dorsey, on OL , WR, QB, and a CB.

hire a OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR and a DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR

trade ricky williams and marty booker for a pick and sign michael turner....
dolfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 10:45 PM    (permalink
SF Dolphin Fan
Rookie

SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SF Dolphin Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
I have to say, this is absolutely horrible. Bill Cowher has already said he is not coming back to coaching and he would clash with Bill Parcells alot.

Why on earth would we trade another 2nd round pick for yet another teams washed up QB? I'm sicking of taking people retreds.

Here's my hopes for the team:

I say Parcells brings in a coach who he has experience with and thinks alot the same lines as and can work with. Josh McDaniels the OC from New England would be a great choice. McDaniels is a younger guy (ala Lane Kiffin) that would work well with Parcells as they use the same philosophy. McDaniels can be this teams long term HC and seems to have the mentality to oversee the team and allow someone else to call the plays, something Cameron doesn't have. I think McDaniels would be a great coach.

Maurice Carthon was an OC under Parcells in Dallas and could be a solid choice to run it again here in Miami with McDaniels and Parcells. Carthon's huge, stout OLs along with McDaniels creative pass plays could form a nice offensive core.

On the Defensive side, Parcells has long been a 3-4 guy. However, due to our personel and hybrid system that is in place, I could see us going after a Ron Rivera from SD. Rivera is considered a 4-3 guy but has experience with the 3-4 being under Ted Cottrell and Buddy Ryan.

For GM, Parcells will likely make an offer to his son-in-law Scott Pioli. That's 50-50 at best. I could also see him taking a run at Phil Savage and if nothing else fails, Randy Mueller could be given another shot.

I see alot of vets getting gutted in favor of youth and other vets to fit the systems that will be put in place.

I can guarantee you that you will see us land a QB in the offseason.

For the draft, I will definately see us trying to trade down and I expect we can find a partner that will want McFadden. It would not surprise me at all to see Altanta deal a 1st, 2nd and a 2009 1st to move up a few spots to get him.

I could then see our draft going something like this:

1-Chris Long, DE
2a-Jeff Otah, OT
2b- Jonathan Goff, MLB
2c- Craig Steltz, S
3- D.J. Hall, WR
4- Robert Felton, OG
6- Henry Smith, DT
7- Coye Francies, CB
It would be great if Miami could pry Scott Pioli from New England. Say what you will about Wayne Huizenga. This much is true -- he understands how important it is to "copy" a successful blueprint. He tried with Nick Saban, who had ties to Bill Bellichick, then went in an opposite direction with Cam Cameron. Now he's back to emulate the Patriots with the guy who helped build that team in the first place. I agree with you on recycled quarterbacks. Forget it and give Beck a chance. Maybe draft a quarterback in the 2nd or 3rd just in case. As far as head coaches go, I really don't know enough about Josh McDaniels. I've always liked Mike Singletary and Rex Ryan might not be a bad choice either. The team definitely needs to hit with a head coach and a quarterback.
SF Dolphin Fan is offline   Reply With Quote