Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 12-21-2007, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Yes Please

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html
Old 12-21-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Im starting to like Long more than Clady. Long wont be a project and could start at RT ot Lt right away. I see him being more of a RT but I think he could be a succesful LT. Not as good as Joe Thomas but maybe a better prospect than Levi Brown
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 03:27 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Yeah Im starting to like Long more than Clady. Long wont be a project and could start at RT ot Lt right away. I see him being more of a RT but I think he could be a succesful LT. Not as good as Joe Thomas but maybe a better prospect than Levi Brown
So you pretty much agree with what Scott says about him? I'm not the foremost expert on Long, but from what I've seen I think he'd make a very good right tackle and a not very good left tackle, which you don't want to draft top ten. Maybe it's a reach taking Clady at 6 or 7 or whereever we are, but I like where he is at now and I like the potential that he shows. I think I'd take Clady and Otah before Long, because LT is more valuable.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe Long can player either OT spot I know some will disagree with me but I don't think D.Mcintosh has played that bad it has been the right side of the line that has killed us. I don't want you to get me wrong DM is not Wille Roaf but who is you only get a player like Roaf every ten years or so we don't have a RT on this team as of now. I think we could get by with DM at LT and Long at RT or the other way around then pick up a RG in FA and go from there. I'm not ready to give up on Croyle if we take a QB in the first round I for one will be very let down and feel it would be a waste of a pick the line is by far our biggest weakness.

LT - Mcintosh
LG - Waters
C - Niswanger
RG - ??? (FA or Draft)
RT - Best OT on the board (I Hope Long)

That would for sure be a upgrade over this year IMO.

Last edited by Splat : 12-22-2007 at 12:56 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2007, 12:02 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i personally want Sedrick Ellis lol have a beast of a front 4!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 07:55 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I believe Long can player either OT spot I know some will disagree with me but I don't think D.Mcintosh has played that bad it has been the right side of the line that has killed us. I don't want you to get me wrong DM is not Wille Roaf but who is you only get a player like Roaf every ten years or so we don't have a RT on this team as of now. I think we could get by with DM at LT and Long at RT or the other way around then pick up a RG in FA and go from there. I'm not ready to give up on Croyle if we take a QB in the first round I for one will be very let down and feel it would be a waste of a pick the line is by far our biggest weakness.

LT - Mcintosh
LG - Waters
C - Niswanger
RG - ??? (FA or Draft)
RT - Best OT on the board (I Hope Long)

That would for sure be a upgrade over this year IMO.

I agree with everything you said here except for Roaf being a once every "ten year" type player. I actually believe he is the best left tackle to ever play the game, better even the Anthony Munoz. That said I am a big Long supporter and I believe he can play left tackle in the pro's. The great thing about him is that he is an unbelievable run blocker and that is where our bread and butter is at. If we can get the running game somewhere near our past levels I believe our passing game will improve with it. At this point nearly any of the names in the tackle pool sound enticing because we are so bad on the line, but Long is the one guy I feel can make an instant impact and start our road to recovery.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Long will be a better LT then some here think.

My OL starting in 08

LT: Long
LG: Waters
C: Niswanger
RG: Taylor(I was really impressed with what I saw of him Sunday)
RT: McIntosh

Weigmann and Welbourn are cut and/or retire
Old 12-27-2007, 08:41 PM    (permalink
KaneMarko
Veteran

KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KaneMarko is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I think Long will be a better LT then some here think.

My OL starting in 08

C: Niswanger
RG: Taylor(I was really impressed with what I saw of him Sunday)
RT: McIntosh

Weigmann and Welbourn are cut and/or retire

I too think Long can play effectively at LT. He may not be overly athletic. But he's not a slug either. Plus he has a very high football IQ, very tough and very hardworking.

Like I said in another thread earlier, I could see a scenario where the Chiefs could have a shot at drafting both Long in the first and Gosder Cherilus in the second and solidifying both tackle spots for the next 10+ years. Now, a lot of things would have to happen for that to occur. But it is possible. Then maybe you could move McIntosh inside to guard where he also has experience playing. Then you'd have a starting lineup like this:

C: Niswanger (assuming he comes back from his injury)
RG: Damion McIntosh
RT: Gosder Cherilus

That would be an insanely powerful offensive line.
KaneMarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:18 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneMarko View Post
I too think Long can play effectively at LT. He may not be overly athletic. But he's not a slug either. Plus he has a very high football IQ, very tough and very hardworking.

Like I said in another thread earlier, I could see a scenario where the Chiefs could have a shot at drafting both Long in the first and Gosder Cherilus in the second and solidifying both tackle spots for the next 10+ years. Now, a lot of things would have to happen for that to occur. But it is possible. Then maybe you could move McIntosh inside to guard where he also has experience playing. Then you'd have a starting lineup like this:

C: Niswanger (assuming he comes back from his injury)
RG: Damion McIntosh
RT: Gosder Cherilus

That would be an insanely powerful offensive line.
That would be a tremendous scenario. I'm kind of hoping that the Chiefs are somehow in a position to select McFadden, cause I think he is really the only player other teams will want to trade up high for. It would be really nice if they could move down and pick up picks to allow another team the shot at McFadden.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote