Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-21-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Marty Schottenheimer

Quote:
FALCONS SNIFFING AROUND SCHOTTENHEIMER?
Citing unnamed sources, Kevin Acee of the San Diego Union Tribune reports that the Falcons "have made overtures" to former Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer about replacing Bobby Petrino.
The Union-Tribune also reports that Chargers assistant G.M. Buddy Nix is under consideration to become the next G.M. in Atlanta.
"I'd hate to lose him," Chargers G.M. A.J. Smith said of Nix. "But it's something he's told me in the past he'd like to do or explore it. If this situation should work out, I'd wish him the best."
The only problem is that the Falcons must follow the Rooney Rule, which requires a face-to-face interview of at least one minority candidate, in hiring a head coach. The Falcons are not required to adhere to the Rooney Rule when hiring a G.M.
But if Nix becomes the Falcons' new G.M., minority candidates might nix interviewing for the head coaching gig, if the perception is that Schottenheimer-to-Atlanta is a done deal. That very thing happened several years ago when the Lions pursued Steve Mariucci. Guys like Denny Green and Sherm Lewis refused to sit for what they believed to be sham Rooney Rule interviews, and Lions CEO Matt Millen was slapped with a big, fat fine for not interviewing any minority candidates.
I hope we get him. He is a great, great head coach. He can turn things around in a hurry.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like Marty. If we get him, it pretty much eliminates the chance of us taking a QB top 5, we I'm totally on board for. It'd also probably make DMC #1on our board, which also makes me happy.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the ideal of getting a proven head coach and he is the best of the bunch (except cower)
Old 12-21-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Proven coach. Good choice. I also like this idea of Buddy Nix as our GM. Chargers have had some nice drafts and trades. Dont know how much Nix was involved, but maybe he learned from AJ Smith.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 04:23 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Proven coach. Good choice. I also like this idea of Buddy Nix as our GM. Chargers have had some nice drafts and trades. Dont know how much Nix was involved, but maybe he learned from AJ Smith.
hmmm. I liek this idea. possibly get Singletary in as our DC and assistant HC slasg future head coach as well. idk. I jsut think we need the scheme guy in Schotty, and the motivator in Singletary.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2007, 08:03 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Nix for GM thought more than Schottenheimer for head coach. Sounds similar to the Fallcons-Seahawks situation with Ruskell a few years ago. Chargers are good drafters.

I still want Singletary, but Schottenheimer sounds good.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
oldLibid21
Veteran

oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.oldLibid21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Proceeding with caution
Schottenheimer in no hurry to return to NFL sidelines

If the Atlanta Falcons are interested in Marty Schottenheimer as their next head coach, it's news to Schottenheimer.

"I have not heard a word from anybody about anything relating to the Falcons," said Schottenheimer, who was fired by the Chargers in February after butting heads with club president Dean Spanos over the makeup of the coaching staff. "I really don't know much about the Falcons situation, other than what has gone on of late out there. Nobody should have to go through what they've gone through."

The Falcons' franchise quarterback, Michael Vick, is serving a 23-month prison sentence for his role in a dogfighting operation; and last week, first-year coach Bobby Petrino resigned with three games to play to take the same job at the University of Arkansas.

The Falcons were rebuffed in their efforts to hire Bill Cowher as head coach and Bill Parcells backed out of an agreement on Wednesday to run their football operations. This week, the San Diego Union-Tribune reported the team has made "overtures" to Schottenheimer to be its next coach and is "considering hiring" Chargers assistant GM Buddy Nix to be its next general manager.

Nix, according to a source, has not heard from the Falcons. As for Schottenheimer, who turned 64 in September, he said he's unsure whether he will return to football.

"I'm content with what I'm doing," he said by phone from his home outside Charlotte, N.C. "I really don't think I'm going to do it -- coach again. It's changed so dramatically (from) the way I was brought up in it, if you will. I would not rule it out, but ... I have not heard from the Falcons or anybody else. I've got four grandbabies and I'm having a ball with them. It would have to be a perfect fit for me to come back, and I don't know that there are any of those anymore."

The tandem of Schottenheimer-Nix would be perfect in Atlanta, because Schottenheimer has a proven track record of success in the regular season -- he ranks sixth on the league's career wins list with 200 -- and Nix is a respected evaluator of college prospects. The two would bring instant credibility to the Falcons.

Still, sources familiar with Schottenheimer's thinking contend that he will only consider returning to a situation in which he believes the team has the necessary components to make a title run in the next few years. Schottenheimer even mentioned as much, saying: "There's only one thing I haven't done and that's win a world championship."

It's doubtful he could do that in the next few years with the 3-11 Falcons.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...alcons.search/

Wow... another low blow to many.
oldLibid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2007, 08:01 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish we just hired Mike Tomlin like I wanted last year.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I would hope we have contacted them. Lies are spread all the time at this time of year. See Bobby Petrino.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God no one wants to come here.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote