Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-20-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weigh the first 3 against the 2nd 3, if they are equal then the heaviest one is in the 3rd group, if one comes up heavier, you know the heavier one is in that group.

Once you have it down to 3, pick 2 and then weigh them against each other, if they are equal then the 3rd is the abnormal, else the one that comes up heavier is the one.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:15 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally03
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3
New riddle, very simple and plain

You have 9 marbles, they all look the same and weigh the same except one marble slightly weighs more than all the rest, but you can't tell the difference by looking at it. You have a scale, and you are only allowed to use it twice to find out which marble weighs more. WHAT DO YOU DO?
I think it is supposed to be 8 marbles, or at the version I know consists of 8 marbles.
You're the calc guy. How do you always know when this thread comes up?

And yea, I asked something like that question not that long ago.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
Wally03
Rookie

Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

DG, it is basically because I read the forums but normally don't really have anything worthwhile to post except for when math questions pop up as I've spent way too many years studying the subject.

P.S. Impressive Damix, it hadn't occurred to me that the problem could work for 9 marbles before you posted your response.

How did I manage to make so damn many typing mistakes in such a simple little post that it required this many edits? I guess that is why I'm a math major and not an English major.
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix
Weigh the first 3 against the 2nd 3, if they are equal then the heaviest one is in the 3rd group, if one comes up heavier, you know the heavier one is in that group.

Once you have it down to 3, pick 2 and then weigh them against each other, if they are equal then the 3rd is the abnormal, else the one that comes up heavier is the one.
Correct.
Old 02-20-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Correct.
Damix is on fire!

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 10:49 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Change the title of this thread to Official Math Riddle Thread. I remember when official threads was against the law. Anyone else remember that?
Old 02-20-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Change the title of this thread to Official Math Riddle Thread. I remember when official threads was against the law. Anyone else remember that?
I do, that was funny.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-20-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seven
Old 02-20-2007, 11:02 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
Quote:
I do, that was funny.
It was hilarious, there were official everything threads, then the rule was passed, then people started making unofficial threads.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

I have some math competition tomorrow morning. Fantastic.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-20-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I think the official Chuck Norris thread was the straw that broke the camel's back.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My answer to the one from the first post is 0 1 1. Reasoning: The pattern starts with a 4, the next 3 numbers are 0 3 1. Later, the pattern again has a 4, and the next 3 numbers are 0 2 1. Finally, there is a 4 before the 3 unkown numbers, which I think means that the next 3 numbers are 0 1 1.

Of course, that could be completely wrong, but that's just what I came up with off the top of my head.

Quote:
New question, derivative of y=x^x^x.
x^2*(x^x^x-1)*(x^x-1)? That's probably not right.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6+9=?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:51 AM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610
My answer to the one from the first post is 0 1 1. Reasoning: The pattern starts with a 4, the next 3 numbers are 0 3 1. Later, the pattern again has a 4, and the next 3 numbers are 0 2 1. Finally, there is a 4 before the 3 unkown numbers, which I think means that the next 3 numbers are 0 1 1.
As that theory may work, it has nothing in common with the 50 states.
Old 02-21-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's the next line?

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu
6+9=?

69 DUDE!

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:37 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
New question, derivative of y=x^x^x.
Infinity
It's some terrible thing, something like x^x^x*ln(x^x^x)* some more awful stuff.
Its actually x^(x^x+x-1) * (x*(lnx)^2+x*lnx+1)
You know, the only reason I ever started coming to these boards was to escape the horrors of calculus . . . and now you have ruined that for me. Thanks so much. :evil:
Glad to see I'm not the only one who will be forever haunted by that vile being Calculus...................

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan

What's the next line?
Old 02-21-2007, 04:43 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKfan

What's the next line?
You are correct sir!

Old 02-21-2007, 04:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

What is the reasoning for that? I've seen it before but I can't remember.

I had a math comp today, I'll get some of those questions up in a bit.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-21-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

Quote:
What is the reasoning for that? I've seen it before but I can't remember.

I had a math comp today, I'll get some of those questions up in a bit.
It's not really a maths thing, it's just how you would describe the line above

so

11 (one one)
21 (two one's)
1211 (one two, two ones)

etc. Hard to describe.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:56 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Oh, I remember now.

Here is one that took me a while.

Tom's age is T years, which is also the sum of the ages of his three children. His age N years ago was twice the sum of their ages then. What is T/N?

2,3,4,5,6?

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-21-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

I keep getting 5, not sure though
Old 02-21-2007, 05:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
Legend

Yea. I kept trying to find an equation but nothing worked, then in like the last 5 minutes of the test I figured it out.

The rest of the questions are extremely complicated or really easy. That's all I got.

<njx9> <3 dg
Old 02-21-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Quote:
Yea. I kept trying to find an equation but nothing worked, then in like the last 5 minutes of the test I figured it out.

The rest of the questions are extremely complicated or really easy. That's all I got.
I just used T=C and T-N=2(C-3N)