Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-24-2007, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.
Default From this years team, who do you all think will not be on the 53 man roster next year

The team needs to make room for next years draft picks, so who will be cut or traded?
A couple off the top of my head would be Bush and Morency.

Last edited by Football Fan : 12-24-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 09:31 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarrett Bush
Frank Walker
Bubba Franks

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Bush
Corey Williams(i dont think we will resign him)
Morency

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
joercky
Rookie

joercky needs more cowbell.

Bush and Franks. A birdie tells me that w/ Grant Jackson is not going to be around too long either.

Bluto I'm a zit get it. http://youtube.com/watch?v=qft0bdhl17c

Cartman- Kyle get that sand out of your vagina.
joercky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

I think the most turnover will occur in the defensive backfield. I think TT might bring back Walker but Bush is probably the first to go, he just got owned in the Dallas game.

Franks too

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 11:57 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jarrett Bush
Frank Walker
Ryan Krause
Conrad Bolston
Carlyle Holiday
Noah Herron
Tyrone Culver
Tony Palmer
Tyson Walter
Tory Humphrey
Corey Williams

As much as I want Williams to stay, I don't think it's going to happen. What I would like to see Ted do is franchise him. I think for a DT it's going to be like 7 million. Then see if we can trade him. It'd be nice to at least get something in return for him. If we can't then keep him on the franchise tag contract for the 2008 season and then let him walk. Hell even if we don't try to trade him tagging him could work out great. We get him with out any ties to future salary and won't lose a piece to our team that got us into this great position. We could increase the reps for Harrell while still not starting him. Then by 2009 Harrell should be ready and we'll be fine without Williams.
Old 12-25-2007, 02:40 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't it really hard to trade a franchise tagged player?

Interesting that you all think Bush will be gone, the coaches thought enough of him to make him our starting nickel CB. I agree though, I think he is terrible, and I want either a first round pick or free agent playing nickel next year.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

bush will be gone :D
god i hope so
btw is Koren Robinson a free agent this year?
if he is i think he will get a good offer to play somewhere else
id like to have him back though :)

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36 View Post
bush will be gone :D
god i hope so
btw is Koren Robinson a free agent this year?
if he is i think he will get a good offer to play somewhere else
id like to have him back though :)
Robinson will be back. He basically confirmed it himself.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whats going to happen with the RB situation?

-Grant
-Jackson
-Morency
-Wynn
-Herron

Grant is our guy, period. I have no idea how the rest of the bunch shakes out. Does Brandon Jackson get 1 more year considering he was a 2nd round pick? Do we place low round tenders on Morency or Herron? Wynn was somewhat productive, but is he really more talented than others and better suited for the ZBS?
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cordscords View Post
Whats going to happen with the RB situation?

-Grant
-Jackson
-Morency
-Wynn
-Herron

Grant is our guy, period. I have no idea how the rest of the bunch shakes out. Does Brandon Jackson get 1 more year considering he was a 2nd round pick? Do we place low round tenders on Morency or Herron? Wynn was somewhat productive, but is he really more talented than others and better suited for the ZBS?
It's way, way too early to dump Jackson, imo. You at least give him next training camp/preseason to show up.

I had high hopes for Morency but he's never lived up to them.. that said he seems to be someone Favre likes to throw to when he's in so I'd expect us to keep him.

I think you dump Herron and put Wynn in the same basket as Jackson.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
It's way, way too early to dump Jackson, imo. You at least give him next training camp/preseason to show up.

I had high hopes for Morency but he's never lived up to them.. that said he seems to be someone Favre likes to throw to when he's in so I'd expect us to keep him.

I think you dump Herron and put Wynn in the same basket as Jackson.
You see that Morency has the tools to be a good 3rd down back. He has moves great hands and he blocks well. I think he deserves more carries. The playoffs will define what we'll do with him.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 11:47 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

# |Name |Pos|Ht | Wt |DOB |Year| College
-----------------------------------------
19 Bodiford, Shaun WR 5'11" 186 5/4/1982 2 Portland State
93 Bolston, Conrad DT 6'4" 300 1/9/1985 0 Maryland
24 Bush, Jarrett CB 6'0" 197 5/21/1984 2 Utah State
29 Culver, Tyrone* DB 6'1" 200 7/6/1983 2 Fresno State
23 Herron, Noah* RB 5'11" 218 4/3/1982 3 Northwestern
18 Holiday, Carlyle*WR 6'2" 217 10/4/1981 2 Notre Dame
84 Humphrey, Tory*TE 6'2" 250 1/20/1983 2 Central Michigan
87 Krause, Ryan TE 6'3" 256 6/16/1981 4 Nebraska-Omaha
95 Muir, Daniel DT 6'2" 298 9/12/1983 0 Kent State
16 Nall, Craig QB 6'3" 245 4/21/1979 6 NWSL
64 Palmer, Tony* G 6'2" 311 2/23/1983 2 Missouri
26 Peprah, Charlie DB 5'11" 202 2/24/1983 2 Alabama
39 Powdrell, Ryan* RB 5'11" 254 12/20/1983 0 USC
41 Walker, Frank DB 5'11" 196 8/6/1981 5 Tuskegee
70 Walter, Tyson* T 6'4" 300 3/17/1978 6 Ohio State

This list mainly gets rid of the UDFA types and the injured guys. A couple of them might stay, like Frank Walker and Daniel Muir. If TT drafts another 9 or 10 guys and brings in a free agent or two, then some people are going to get cut and I am thinking it is guys you don't see a lot or haven't been able to get on the field.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's very refreshing after the last 4 years to see that nobody even mentioned Brett Favre yet.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:30 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't expect to see Wynn make the roster next year. I was very surprised that he made it this season after he had a pretty bad preseason. Grant and Jackson will make the roster and Morency probably will as well. I think we'll probably draft a running back at some point.

I would expect...

Grant
Jackson
Morency
Draft Pick

Cut

Wynn
Heron

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Yeah im not to sure about bush and morency being cut any more. Still with anywhere from 7-11 picks comming in I wouldnt be to surprised by anything. Morency does seem to be a nice pass catching 3rd down back.
Wynn and heron arent bad, but I hate having potentially injury prone players on the team.

Last edited by Football Fan : 01-08-2008 at 02:23 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

QB Craig Nall.
WR Shaun Bodiford.
CB Jarrett Bush.
S Charlie Peprah.
CB Frank Walker.
OT Orrin Thompson.
TE Ryan Krause.
DT Conrad Bolston.
DT Corey Williams.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

I Dont Think The Following Will Be Here Next Year

Morency - HB - RFA
Herron - HB - RFA

Nall - QB - UFA
Powdrell - FB - UFA
Bodiford - WR - UFA
Martin - WR - UFA
Humphrey - TE - UFA
Walter - OG - UFA
Walker - CB - UFA
Williams - DT - UFA
Davis - LS - UFA

Kuhn - FB - CUT
Holiday - WR - CUT
Krause - TE - CUT
Palmer - OG - CUT
Thompson - OT - CUT
Bush - CB - CUT
Culver - FS - CUT
Peprah - SS - CUT
Cole - DT - UFA
Bolston - DT - CUT
Montgomery - DE - CUT

Last edited by The Legend : 01-08-2008 at 10:11 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Jim Jim
Veteran

Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.Jim Jim is a cocksman.

Kuhn has proven to be a durable, tough-nosed blocker in our scheme. I think he'll stick.
Jim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
I Dont Think The Following Will Be Here Next Year

Morency - HB - RFA
Herron - HB - RFA

Nall - QB - UFA
Powdrell - FB - UFA
Bodiford - WR - UFA
Martin - WR - UFA
Humphrey - TE - UFA
Walter - OG - UFA
Walker - CB - UFA
Williams - DT - UFA
Davis - LS - UFA

Kuhn - FB - CUT
Holiday - WR - CUT
Krause - TE - CUT
Palmer - OG - CUT
Thompson - OT - CUT
Bush - CB - CUT
Culver - FS - CUT
Peprah - SS - CUT
Cole - DT - UFA
Bolston - DT - CUT
Montgomery - DE - CUT
A few things I disagree with
  • Morency wasn't the starter we hoped he could be, but he's a pretty good 3rd down back. I think he'll return.
  • Nall is up in the air. If Brett does retire, Nall's back for sure. If Brett comes back it just depends on how many QBs we go with. I could see us going with 3 from the start next year.
  • Martin will be back as long as he wants to be. It'd be stupid for us not to resign him. If he feels he has an opportunity to start or be in better position with another team, he might jump. If he's gone because we didn't attempt to resign him it's a mistake.
  • Rob Davis will be back. He's 39, but it's not like his body has taken a beating. All he has to do is snap the ball back 7 yards, and he's good at it. No reason not to keep him.
  • Kuhn will be back. Hall will be our starter still, but Kuhn is capeable of starting himself. We also have the dual FB formation which has been effective when we use it. Both he and Hall are special teams contributors so it's not a waste of a roster space no matter how you look at it.
  • Either Williams or Cole will be back. I doubt both will be, but one will for sure.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I don't expect to see Wynn make the roster next year. I was very surprised that he made it this season after he had a pretty bad preseason. Grant and Jackson will make the roster and Morency probably will as well. I think we'll probably draft a running back at some point.

I would expect...

Grant
Jackson
Morency
Draft Pick

Cut

Wynn
Heron
That's exactly what should happen, although if they spend a draft pick on a RB, it will definitely be in the later round. Morency reminds me a lot of Tony Fisher - not a feature back by any means, but a good blocking RB and can catch the ball out of the backfield. If he isn't on the team next season, I will really be surprised. Not to mention we got him for Samkon Gado, who wouldn't be playing anyway.
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to see Corey Williams come back. Not sure if we'll pay the money. Grant, Jackson and Morency to me are all the RBs we need and I wouldn't draft one unless a guy slid and was a great value, like getting Chris Johnson in the third round, there's no reason to pick a back if TT likes what these three did this year. I'd rather get the SLB, SS, CB, OL and TE positions taken care of, not in that order mind you.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:48 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RB's
Vernand Morency
Noah Herron

I think these 2 RB's wont be back, both are RFA's this season. That leaves us with Ryan Grant, Brandon Jackson, and DeShawn Wynn for now but another RB or 2 will be brought in through the draft or maybe FA. There are some good ones in FA that likely wont stay with there team next year. I wouldnt even be surprised if at some point DeShawn Wynn didnt make it because he has been constantly hurt already and has shown a pretty poor work ethic.

WR's
Shaun Bodiford
Ruvell Martin
Caryle Holiday

I like Ruvell Martin and would like for him to stay but he is our 5th WR and is an UFA. I think he will look to go to a team where he could see more playing time and more money. Shaun Bodiford hasnt did anything really and Caryle Holiday is a RFA and might stay but I doubt it as well I dont think we will resign him. This leaves us with Donald Driver, Greg Jennings, James Jones, Koren Robinson.

TE's
Bubba Franks
Ryan Krause

Bubba is supposed to get paid alot next year and he has a reduced role and really is only a blocker now. I dont think he will be back because of the amount of money he is set to earn so unless he takes a paycut I dont think Franks will be back. Ryan Krause was brought in just when we needed a TE to fill in because Bubba was hurt. Him or Tory Humphrey who coaches thought alot of before shortly getting hurt in training camp wont be back, or both could be gone.

D-Line
Corey Williams
Conard Bolston

Corey is an UFA an is going to be seeking a huge payday come free agency and is going to get it. Unforunatly I dont know if it is going to be from the Packers since we drafted Justin Harrell in round 1, I hope he stays around but I doubt it. Conard Bolston and maybe a few of the other younger guys might get beat out by someone else in camp.

DB
Jarret Bush
Frank Walker
Charlie Peprah

Jarret Bush hasnt done alot to impress anyone I dont think he will be back. Frank Walker never really saw the field and will be replaced by someone younger with more potential knowing TT. Charlie Peprah didnt get to play much either besides special teams and we can find someone else to do that with more potential at playing safety then himself.

Other Possibles
Craig Nall-QB
Ryan Powdrell-FB
John Kuhn-FB
Tory Humphrey-TE
Tyson Walter- G
Tony Palmer- G
Orrin Thompson- T
Colin Cole-DT
Daniel Muir-DT
Jason Hunter-DE
Tyrone Culver-S

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:43 PM    (permalink
jdcozart
Rookie

jdcozart needs more cowbell.

Biggest would be Corey Williams. Unfortunately I don't think that Thompson will cough up the dough as usual. Franks is a disgrace to the Packer's uniform. Nall will be replaced by whoever the Packers draft. We won't put up with Morency again this year and I expect us to draft a back. Probably a big one to pound the rock on short yardage.
jdcozart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About the RB situation:

Jackson is back for sure. He's a 2nd round pick who played very good at the end of the year. He's shown that he's at least gone from a terrible to decent runner from start to end of the year and has been decent as a reciever out of the backfield. I think Jackson could our 3rd down back next year(hasnt shown much in terms of picking up the blitz, only reason I'm hesitant with him as a 3rd down back) and still possibly a big part of our future. He's only 21 years old I think, is a good athlete with a great leg drive and there is no reason to get rid of him because he struggled running behind a struggling run blocking offensive line at the start of the year.

I think Morency should be gone, I wouldnt mind keeping Herron as he looked like a better 3rd down back than Morency before he got hurt. I wouldnt be shocked if both these guys are gone but if we keep one I'd rather have Herron than Morency.

Wynn all depends on how training camp goes. If he can somehow stay healthy throughout camp next year, he makes the roster imo but I doubt he stays healthy. I see no reason he couldnt be a 3rd down type back either so it'll be interesting which back has that role next year because I think all 4 backups have a shot at it. Grant and Jackson are the only guys I feel confident saying will be back for sure.

Last edited by EvilMonkey : 01-31-2008 at 02:27 PM.
EvilMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote