Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 01-06-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Crist def does have talent he can scramble much better than Clausen i certainly will be rooting for him to beat out Clausen! hah

my bad seeing the Under Armor game i take back what i said on AJ Green he definately is a talent i mean the QB just chucked it up wherever and AJ would catch it aerobically, I just mentioned AJ because UGA doesnt have a great track record in producing WRs but AJ can surely break that stereotype... UGA WRs tend to be better in the NFL than college i have no doubt no matter how AJ's carrer goes at UGA he'll be sucessful in the NFL

Will Hill will be a bust he'll never play at UF
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:22 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
my bad seeing the Under Armor game i take back what i said on AJ Green he definately is a talent i mean the QB just chucked it up wherever and AJ would catch it aerobically, I just mentioned AJ because UGA doesnt have a great track record in producing WRs but AJ can surely break that stereotype... UGA WRs tend to be better in the NFL than college i have no doubt no matter how AJ's carrer goes at UGA he'll be sucessful in the NFL
Since 2002, Georgia's gotten about 3 WRs rated as 4 stars, and no 5 star WRs. I don't think they'll blow it with Green.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
WildDude
All-Pro

WildDude hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

well they blew it with Reggie Brown who was the last top tier WR they had the rest of them between are top ones, yes but not the caliber of those 2, the closest would have to be Mohammed Massaquoi but they had trouble making him elite even though his talent is top notch... i believe he does have a reception every game of his carrer or almost atleast but he still isnt close to realizing his potential...
WildDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:30 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you serious? Will Hill won't see playing time? Florida's secondary is horrible. He'll see a lot of time as a freshman.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
Isn't that EXACTLY what this thread is about? We're posting our opinions on who we think will be a bust based upon the information that we have heard...just because you like the guy doesn't mean others have to.
Actually, I'm basing my info on the video I have seen on the guys. Not on some dude on a website telling me a guy is lazy.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:49 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildDude View Post
well they blew it with Reggie Brown who was the last top tier WR they had the rest of them between are top ones, yes but not the caliber of those 2, the closest would have to be Mohammed Massaquoi but they had trouble making him elite even though his talent is top notch... i believe he does have a reception every game of his carrer or almost atleast but he still isnt close to realizing his potential...
They got Reggie Brown to a point where he was drafted in the 2nd round. And for Massaquoi, not everyone becomes an elite WR. AJ Green has more potential than Massaquoi, and might already be a better receiver.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:10 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
Actually, I'm basing my info on the video I have seen on the guys. Not on some dude on a website telling me a guy is lazy.
have you been watching entire games? Because i would venture a guess that you've been watching HL videos... which will obviously make him look like he never takes plays off.

I would trust "some dude on a website" if he's a scouting expert! But i guess of course you're a better talent scout than any of these "experts".

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
andyjo672
Veteran

andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.andyjo672 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post

That still doesn't refute what I said, that the point of this thread was to post your opinion on who you think will be a bust depending on the information you have. The guy heard your boy was lazy, and thinks he'll be a bust, and your man crush on him apparently makes you upset about this. And you've seen high light videos, which can be very misleading. I'm going with the recruiting experts opinion over yours.
andyjo672 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't Sean Bailey a 5*, what happened to him?
JeffSamardzijaIRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjo672 View Post
That still doesn't refute what I said, that the point of this thread was to post your opinion on who you think will be a bust depending on the information you have. The guy heard your boy was lazy, and thinks he'll be a bust, and your man crush on him apparently makes you upset about this. And you've seen high light videos, which can be very misleading. I'm going with the recruiting experts opinion over yours.
Actually when it comes to Marcus Forston, I've seen him play many times. I saw him against Boone, Southlake Carol and others.

Just cause I don't work for a scouting website doesn't mean I know nothing about football and can't formulate my own opinions about a kid.

Most of these so called scouting experts only watch HL tapes anyways as there is way too many kids to scout. This is why you see 1 star recruits jump to 3 star recruits overnight. The kid gets an offer. The scout looks at his tape and says, he looks like a 3 star and suddenly he gets bumped up in the rankings. Thats how the process works for them. they don't sit there and watch whole games of all these kids.

Please keep the joking and cut downs about man crushes to yourself. We are just talking football. There's no need for it. Ya'll wanna listen to a scout off of rivals thats fine. I'd rather look and see for myself instead of listening to a guy I've never met and have no idea what his background even is.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:04 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Wasn't Sean Bailey a 5*, what happened to him?
4* on Rivals, I believe, but he tore his ACL, and had surgery again in November on it. Also had nagging hamstring issues in another season.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Darrell Scott, depending on what school he goes to...

It's really anybody depending on which school they go to.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
Darrell Scott, depending on what school he goes to...

It's really anybody depending on which school they go to.
Where would he fail, exactly? Texas, where they produce top RBs all the time? Colorado, where they have had guys like Vickers and Brown? It makes no sense, unless you think he'd be the problem.
Old 01-07-2008, 03:23 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ok, first look at last few running backs out of Texas:

Ricky Williams
Jammal Charles
Selvin Young

And don't tell me that Chris Brown is a great player in the NFL.

We might have different views on the term "bust" when it comes to recruiting, but my defenition has a little something to do with Sundays as well as Saturdays.
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ricky Williams
Jammal Charles
Selvin Young

We might have different views on the term "bust" when it comes to recruiting, but my defenition has a little something to do with Sundays as well as Saturdays.
this is about college football, not the NFL... i really don't understand your logic behind considering NFL success, and then make the claim that Jamaal Charles isn't a good runningback.

You also seem to be forgetting that Ricky Williams was the best RB in the NFL for a few years, and Selvin Young has hardly been given an opportunity to be successful in the NFL.

Chris Brown was a great college RB, and there's no reason to consider future NFL success in this discussion.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:14 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Ricky Williams
Jammal Charles
Selvin Young

add in Cedric Benson...but I also don't understand what success in the NFL has to do with being a bust in college...I mean, the only thing I can see is that if you make it to the NFL then you aren't a bust

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:27 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
add in Cedric Benson...but I also don't understand what success in the NFL has to do with being a bust in college...I mean, the only thing I can see is that if you make it to the NFL then you aren't a bust
that last part may be a bit of a stretch, there have been cases where players have had an impact in the NFL after having little to no success in college.

Old 01-07-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
RickNJ83
Veteran

RickNJ83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn98 View Post
So all first round quarterbacks are good? How is Akili Smith doing? He wouldn't have been if Cleveland hadn't traded up. He isn't good. Sorry to dissapoint you, but he isn't. He has a sissy arm, and he'll probably be a career backup.
Hate to jump in but wow. You say Quinn is horrible when he's barely played and then back it up by saying that all 1st round picks aren't good and comparing him to Akili Smith? Lets compare him to Peyton Manning, Ben Roethlisberger, etc etc etc. Thats about the same thing you're saying. When you give me a well thought out explanation on why Quinn is horrible let me know.
RickNJ83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
I'll go with Michael Floyd per scout's rankings. Burton Scott per rivals.
Burton Scott will NOT be a bust.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Hokie_Pokie08
Rookie

Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.Hokie_Pokie08 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
First of all, im probably the only person here to have actually seen EJ play in person so yay me!
Nor do I think him, Pryor, or Crist will become busts.
negative. i went to middle and high school with his older sister amber and my brother played basketball with him at kempsville middle before he went to bayside. he comes from a family of athletes and i wouldn't be surprised if he is able to succeed seeing as though the 757 has produced its fair share of good college qbs.

then again i could see him being a bust just as easily as him doing well.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
RickNJ83
Veteran

RickNJ83 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
Burton Scott will NOT be a bust.
Wow all this psychics on board.
RickNJ83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:41 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
Dayne dominated the toughest league in the nation already, no QB plays the comp he does. Dayne also already outperformed Manuel at the elite 11 camp, Manuel will be another Xavier Lee. I already made my case about Pryor before.

they're both black and going to FSU so that must be alike?! That couldn't be anymore ignorant, they aren't even close as players.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 02:17 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
they're both black and going to FSU so that must be alike?! That couldn't be anymore ignorant, they aren't even close as players.
I think he meant highly touted players who suck at the college level. (Which I totally disagree with)
Old 02-06-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
BBIB
Veteran

BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BBIB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Why the heck is everyone picking Will Hill?

BTW, Pryor is pretty must bust-proof.

6'4 230 with 4.4 speed. Maybe he doesn't make the NFL but he should dominate the college ranks with numbers like those.
BBIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:41 AM    (permalink
504 to ATL
Veteran

504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL 504 to ATL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBIB View Post
6'4 230 with 4.4 speed. Maybe he doesn't make the NFL but he should dominate the college ranks with numbers like those.
Hi Vince Young.
504 to ATL is offline   Reply With Quote