Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-31-2007, 01:40 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Video Game awards 2007.

Put your video game awards here, they are personal opinion!

Favorite game you played of 2007 - Assassin's creed - Creed was exactly what I thought it was going to be, not a game where it is dominated by the combat, or had amazing combat. It was a game in which you ran around jumping from building to building doing crazy things and constantly climbing up things you would never be able to interact with in any other game. The environment and graphics were amazing and the story was good too. The combat wasn't as bad as people say, yes you use one button to attack primarily, but the countering/attacking while having up to 30 guys after you at one time can be pretty cool, not to mention the animations when you kill someone with your short blade and it has blood spraying out.

Runner up - Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

Biggest disappointment of 2007 - Madden 2008 - I was excited to get this as was every other football fan, the game sucked! It seemed like if you were moving and throwing you would miss your target by up to 10 yards some times. I had passes go through my players bodies into DB's and other dumb things happen constantly, I traded this game in within a week of owning it, I hated it.

Runner up - Halo 3 online especially.

Biggest surprise of 2007 - Resident Evil 4 Wii edition - This game was the only game (besides Creed) where I got lost in playing it. What I mean by that is I would sit down and then look at the clock and it would be 3 hours later and it felt like I had only just begun. I have never been into the killing zombies or anything like that, but I won poker and said what the hell and went to get it, then found out it was $30 (Hell yeah) I ended up playing the hell out of the game until I beat it. The story is great and the difficulty the first time through is just right, not to mention the extras are awesome too (The Hand cannon kicks ass)

Runner up - COD4 - Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I'm surprised that the game was going to be good, I was surprised at how much better it was than any online shooter I've played in a while. Not just that, they went from WW2 type of fighting to modern warfare and did an excellent job.

Game you haven't played but are dying to play - Blue Dragon - I am a huge fan of RPG's especially the JRPG's like Final Fantasy. Blue Dragon is from the original creators of Final Fantasy and everyone I know that has played it loves it. I usually listen to Gamespot and other reviews, but Gameinformer gave it a 9 out of 10 and a buddy of mine said it's amazing. I love the turn based fighting and I just can't wait to get to it.

Runner up - Mass Effect - I have played an hour and a half but that hardly constitutes as playing a game. It was an awesome first hour and a half and I can't wait until I get the chance to play through it.

Best Graphics of 2007 - Bioshock - I have hardly played this at all, I just bought it finally, but the graphics are so life like it is ridiculous. The water and fire effects after the plane crash are just amazing and I have yet to see a game that has such good graphics.

Runners up - Assassins Creed/Crysis - Creed gets the nod because of how sweet the environment looks and how they kind of blur and have other things going on when certain things happen. Crysis wins just because it's that damn good... Too bad its on my downstairs computer, I'm too lazy to go down there and play it :(

Best game of 2007 - Super Mario Galaxy - Look, I have only played a little bit and that was last night, but Super Mario Galaxy is everything it's hyped up to be... It uses the Wii remote perfectly and the graphics are awesome. They aren't blow your mind awesome, but the lighting and environments are colorful especially on a HDTV. It is everything everyone has wanted since Super Mario 64, although better. I have so many damn games to play and I really want to play an RPG so I am putting off playing this, but the overall opinion of everyone is what I base this award off of, that and the fact that I have gotten to test it out a bit, its awesome.

Runner up - Call of Duty 4 - Any other year this game would probably win for me, I haven't played enough of it, but I did play online and I lost myself in it, as I have explained what that means... I didn't want to put it down, but it was like 4 in the morning, sleep is essential.

Runner up - World of Warcraft the Burning Crusade - Look, I have grown tired of WoW to be honest, but when was the last time an expansion for an MMO kept the game just as popular or more popular than the original release? I don't remember to be honest... The game is good, but it requires too much time.

Games you're most looking forward to in 2008 - Jesus where to start... Super Smash Bro's Brawl, Star Wars Forced Unleashed, FINAL FANTASY 7 CRYSIS CORE, Lost Odyssey (Another RPG created from the original creators of Final Fantasy, looks AMAZING), Final Fantasy 13 (If the game ever comes out.) Those are the games I am looking forward to most, I have 2 of them pre-ordered and one reserved... I hope they all kick ass... 2008 has potential to be one of the best years in a long while for the video game industry, the PS3 has a year under it's belt, the 360 continues to put out solid titles, and the Wii keeps on selling like crazy and has Brawl, thats all it needs.

Game you want to be announced that is in development in 2008 - Final Fantasy 7 remake for the PS3... Just do it already dammit.

If anyone else has any ideas for awards feel free to add them, its time for me to play some Blue Dragon, peace!

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 01:58 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite game you played of 2007:
Runner-up :
Biggest disappointment of 2007:
Runner-up:
Biggest surprise of 2007:
Runner-up:
Best Graphics:
Runner-up:
Best game of 2007:
Runner-up:
Games you're most looking forward to in 2008:
template for anyone who wants to do the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:14 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite game you played of 2007: Guitar Hero got a lot of play from myself.
Runner-up : Super Mario Galaxy is a close second.
Biggest disappointment of 2007: Madden 2008 or most games on the Wii.
Runner-up: All Pro Football 2k8
Biggest surprise of 2007: Skate. Great game nobody saw coming really.
Runner-up: Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition
Best Graphics: Bioshock
Runner-up: too many. Super Mario Galaxy for the Wii.
Best game of 2007: Super Mario Galaxy. Great controls
Runner-up: Skate.
Games you're most looking forward to in 2008: WIIWARE!!!, Mario Kart Wii, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Endless Ocean , No More Heroes , Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for the Wii!!!, Star Wars: The Force Unleashed , Devil May Cry 4 , Grand Theft Auto IV , Alan Wake , Backbreaker !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots , PlayStation Home .

Woo!

Quote:
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Last edited by jballa838 : 12-31-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 02:21 PM    (permalink
JagHombre22
Pro Bowler

JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.JagHombre22 is a cocksman.

FF7CC looks amazing...

too bad it's only on PSP
JagHombre22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Most Improved Game/Biggest Surprise: FIFA 08

Amazing difference from last year. Way more teams and leagues and better all around game. Online Team Play is one of the best modes on a sports game that I've ever played.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 02:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite game you played of 2007: Halo 3
Runner-up : NCAA Football 2008
Biggest disappointment of 2007: Madden 2008
Runner-up: Crackdown
Biggest surprise of 2007: Mario Galaxy/Rock Band
Runner-up: Fifa Soccer 08 (Wii)
Best Graphics: Bioshock
Runner-up: Assassins Creed
Best game of 2007: /Halo 3/COD 4/Rock Band
Runner-up: Super Mario Galaxy
Games you're most looking forward to in 2008: GTA 4!

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Underrated GOTY: SSX Blur
so awesome for the wii. Incredibly fun

Quote:

Old 12-31-2007, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Favorite game you played of 2007 - God of War 2 - This game got snubbed because it's PS2 but it so out does 1 and is longer and better. The story is better, more dynamic and leaves room for a 3rd which if it comes out for PS3 will win game of the year hands down. Just an awesome experience all around.

Runner up - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Biggest disappointment of 2007 - Assassins Creed - It got mixed reviews but this was supposed to be it! The game to put PS3 over the top! And while the game play was phenomenal it was too repetitive. It's a game you won't replay.

Runner up - Kane & Lynch

Biggest surprise of 2007 - All Pro Football 2K8 - This is what a football game should be. The game play is as real as it gets. No wonder EA bought the exclusive rights they can't compete with 2K.

Runner up - Ratchet & Clank Future - My buddy told me about this game and I didn't want to give it a chance but after I did I came away blown away. The weapons are cool as hell and just a great game.

Game you haven't played but are dying to play - Dark Kingdom - My same buddy said that this game is so freakishly awesome online but I just haven't gotten around to getting it.

Runner up - Heavenly Sword - It's a female Kratos can you imagine if they had a baby?!!>>>!>!?!?!?

Best Graphics of 2007 - Uncharted: Drakes Fortune - This is the first game i've actually noticed graphics. When Nate gets wet his cloths darken, there are actual shadows from the trees and even Nate's shadow follows him. It's super cool.

Runners up - Assassins Creed - The attention to detail is one of the reasons why I like this game and bought it although I was disappointed.

Best game of 2007 - God of War 2 - I don't care if this is on PS2 it's the best well made and interesting game of 2007. Not only that but it has the best playback value. I've played and beaten this game 13 times after I bought it. Never have I played a game that much. Not even the 1st.

Runner up - Call of Duty 4 - This was the first time i've ever played a game online and while I suck I was blown away. The campaign mode is freaking sweet too and any other year this is game of the year.

Games you're most looking forward to in 2008 - Turok- Devil May Cry 4 - Dark Sector (looks interesting) - Haze - Tom Clancy's EndWar (it's WW3 baby!) -

Game you want to be announced that is in development in 2008 - God of War 3 - Assassins Creed 2[/quote]

Last edited by Rich Jr : 12-31-2007 at 03:58 PM.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

i forgot one:
Game you want to be announced that is in development in 2008: Zelda for the Wii, 1080 sequel Wii, Skate 2, Amped 4, Halo 4 for all consoles.

Quote:

Old 12-31-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fifa 08 was horrible.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mario Galaxy was my favorite game that came out this year and dare I say favorite game of all time (sorry Ocarina of time) Runner up: COD4

Biggest dissapointment: Assasins Creed, average game that was supposed to be anything but average.
Old 12-31-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Fifa 08 was horrible.
way better than last year. there is no question.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
Fifa 08 was horrible.
Have u played FIFA 08 on PS3? Its awesome dude, gameplay is hard to get used to at first though cuz they made so many strides there compared to last years game.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Favorite game you played of 2007: Rock Band
Runner-up : Gears of War (I didnt get it until this summer)
Biggest disappointment of 2007: Madden 08 (better than last years but should still be much better)
Runner-up: Halo 3 (I was never big on halo except for the online play, the story mode was way too short for me)
Games you're most looking forward to in 2008: GTA 4, nuff said
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:41 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
Mario Galaxy was my favorite game that came out this year and dare I say favorite game of all time (sorry Ocarina of time) Runner up: COD4

Biggest dissapointment: Assasins Creed, average game that was supposed to be anything but average.
I have three games on my Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario Bros. 3. All have been mentioned as the greatest games of all time. I'm batting a thousand right now, and will suppress my need to play the latest madden until the 09 version comes out.

And I just found out that there's this free game HullBreach, which looks/sounds like my favorite game of all-time: Escape Velocity. I used to play that game on my friends Mac for hours.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
I have three games on my Wii: Super Mario Galaxy, Ocarina of Time, and Super Mario Bros. 3. All have been mentioned as the greatest games of all time. I'm batting a thousand right now, and will suppress my need to play the latest madden until the 09 version comes out.

And I just found out that there's this free game HullBreach, which looks/sounds like my favorite game of all-time: Escape Velocity. I used to play that game on my friends Mac for hours.
what console is HullBreach on?

Quote:

Old 12-31-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
what console is HullBreach on?
Wii. It's an online game (access it through the Internet channel) that apparently is a different version of Escape Velocity. Google it for more details. I'm really excited, cause I loved EV.
Old 12-31-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
Wii. It's an online game (access it through the Internet channel) that apparently is a different version of Escape Velocity. Google it for more details. I'm really excited, cause I loved EV.
oh ok. adding this to games i'm excited for in 2008...

WiiWare!!

Quote:

Old 01-01-2008, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favorite game you played of 2007: Mass Effect
Runner-up : Madden NFL 08
Biggest disappointment of 2007: Kane and Lynch
Runner-up: Assassin's Creed
Best game of 2007: Mass Effect
Runner-up: BioShock
Games you're most looking forward to in 2008: Grand Theft Auto IV, Ninja Gaiden 2, Fable 2
Old 01-01-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of the funniest things I've seen (not just on this board) is people putting Creed as the biggest disappointment and then saying if they could rate it out of 10 they would give it an 8 or an 8.5... Did they expect it to be a 10 or what?

The game was advertised as a game where you can go wherever the hell you want, I expected exactly what was in the game, it was repetitive, but I enjoyed doing the repetitive stuff not to mention the story was good.

EDIT : By the way, Blue Dragon is awesome if you like the original final fantasy games, very fun game and a different concept, although I want to punch the main character in the face.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF

Last edited by PoopSandwich : 01-01-2008 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-01-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashmoneydrew View Post
Favorite game you played of 2007: Rock Band
Runner-up : Gears of War (I didnt get it until this summer)
Biggest disappointment of 2007: Madden 08 (better than last years but should still be much better)
Runner-up: Halo 3 (I was never big on halo except for the online play, the story mode was way too short for me)
Games you're most looking forward to in 2008: GTA 4, nuff said
I just got Gears of War like 2 days ago and IT ******* OWNS. I love it, at first it was sooo hard but now I'm just raping bitches 24/7. Probably my favourite game right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
One of the funniest things I've seen (not just on this board) is people putting Creed as the biggest disappointment and then saying if they could rate it out of 10 they would give it an 8 or an 8.5... Did they expect it to be a 10 or what?
Yes, this game was being pimped like the best thing EVER and was just repetitive..

I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Very little if any play back value.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post
Yes, this game was being pimped like the best thing EVER and was just repetitive..

I'd give it a 7 out of 10. Very little if any play back value.
Well I mean to trash a game hardcore and give it an 8.5 doesn't mean the game sucks if you get what I'm saying.

I would rate Creed at about a... 9.3 to 9.5... I bought the game expecting something completely different than any game I have ever bought, a game where I can interact with almost any object in the game at any time and climb whatever the hell I want... What did I get??? Exactly that.

I hate the complaining about the combat so much, would you guys rather have it be a button masher like heavenly sword? Yes it is one button, but its a timing combat system, it relies on counters and timed combos, you cant really just go in and swing away and win. The worst thing about the combat is that only one enemy attacks you at once, but if it wasn't like that they would have to have less guards because you would get destroyed every single time and people would complain that the system is too hard.

Pros - Nearly everything is accessible... The story... The main character (Talking about Altair) is a complete bad ass... The assassinations are all awesome (although what you do to get to them are the same, which I do admit sucks a bit) The blood spray with the short blade is AWESOME... The graphics are one of the best on any next-gen console... The game does not take too long to beat but it doesn't feel like its drawn out, it takes time to beat but not too much, and I enjoyed playing through it.

Cons - Small glitches like jumping off of something you shouldn't have even been in contact with, repetitive (although I didn't mind it I understand others did) DYING TO FREAKING WATER.

Theres one con I was going to do but I forgot, if I remember it later I'll add it... I'm pretty sure it was with something not working as I believe it was intended to work.

My point being, if you bought Assassin's Creed for a game that had a deep combat system you are utterly stupid in my opinion. If you watched any of the trailers it was apparent that it was a system based off of counters and combos, and that you could also assassinate and throw knives, it was not a complex combat system. If you bought the game because you wanted to climb buildings run from guards do assassinations and jump onto and climb whatever the hell you want then this is the game for you... Also, if you want to just randomly go around and kill people its also amazing.

I'm not saying its the best game ever, I'm just saying it is what it was advertised as, if you think any cinematic trailer is how the game is going to be then you're insane... Watch game play videos and stuff, this is exactly what I thought Creed was going to be like and I loved it.

EDIT : Richjr this wasn't directed at you man so I hope you dont take offense to it.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
I just got Gears of War like 2 days ago and IT ******* OWNS. I love it, at first it was sooo hard but now I'm just raping bitches 24/7. Probably my favourite game right now.
Gears is a fun game to play with friends but I cant stand it when I'm not...

Maybe I need to sit down and give it a chance but I dont know.

Old 01-01-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know I've been thinking about playing Gears again I'm finally getting bored with call of duty 4