Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-01-2008, 03:04 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The more I see of Andre Woodson the more I think he'd make a great Falcon

I'd love to see the Falcons trade down and get Woodson. I've seen/heard/read so much more to like about him that not. Even if he takes a couple of years to develop I bet he'd make for a great first round pick.
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:47 AM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I watch both Matt Ryan and Andre Woodson bowl games and I must say I really dont know why Matt Ryan is rated higher than Woodson. If we was to pick a QB I would much rather draft Woodson and let him sit a year than Ryan.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Twinblade
Rookie

Twinblade needs more cowbell.

Woodson will not be a falcon, hes just as much of a bust then Ryan.
Twinblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post
lol How is a guy a bust before he ever plays in the NFL...
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinblade View Post

They both have high bust possibilities IMO. Ryan just doesn't strike me as having nearly as much potential as Woodson.
Old 01-01-2008, 12:42 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I realized this too watching the Kentucky game yesterday. From the big 3 I say hes the only one who actually has the potential to be a star at the next level. As for the bust factor the other two (Ryan and Brohm) have an equal chance of becoming a bust so why not go for the guy with the most potential. Hes got all the intangibles and stats you look for and its mind-boggling how hes vastly undervalued in the draft community.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I realized this too watching the Kentucky game yesterday. From the big 3 I say hes the only one who actually has the potential to be a star at the next level. As for the bust factor the other two (Ryan and Brohm) have an equal chance of becoming a bust so why not go for the guy with the most potential. Hes got all the intangibles and stats you look for and its mind-boggling how hes vastly undervalued in the draft community.

Brohm and Ryan aren't equal in the bust department. Brohm will be average at worst.
Old 01-01-2008, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Matt Ryan the most. I think he is the only QB who has shown the most NFL-type production. He is playing under our former O-Line coach Jeff Jagodzinsky, in an offense that is pro style. I do not trust Quarterbacks who play in a wide open offense and put up gaudy statistics. Once you get to the NFL you need to be able to drop back from center, read the defense, and then throw on your third/fifth/seventh step.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well heres what I have always though. Brian Brohm is the safest pick, Andre Woodson has the highest potential. Matt Ryan is in the middle.

With Woodson, he would need to sit a year or two because of the offense he played in and his mechanics. Brohm should be able to start at the end of his rookie year and do decently. Ryan can probably end up starting midway through his rookie season and do fine.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how Brian Brohm is "safe." He has injury history, played in a spread offense, and had a lousy 2nd half to this season. He isn't even close to Woodson or Ryan, in my estimation.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 04:34 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has started more than 30 games in college and has great mechanics. Learning a new offense won't be too hard for him. I think he isnt going to bust, but will at least be a solid QB for many years.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 01-01-2008, 06:35 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodson is overrated. His arm strength is very overrated as well as his athleticism. Both Brohm and Ryan are harder to bring down and have better pocket presences. His stats are more inlfated than Brohm's because the type of offense he runs allows tons of yards after the catch and the completions are easy.

I would say...

1. Matt Ryan, Quarterback Boston College
2. Brian Brohm, QB Louisville
3. Chad Henne, QB Michigan
4. Colt Brennan, QB Hawaii
5. Andre' Woodson, QB Kentucky

Matt Ryan I like more than before but he is still my third choice as far as players in the draft. I liked the deep passes I saw in the bowl game against Michigan State and that helped some of my concerns.

Brohm I still like but he does not have a bowl and that probably has an effact on Ryan jumping him.

Chad Henne I like a lot compared to other people. He has an absolute gun for an arm and can make every throw in the book. He can also put touch on the ball. His pocket presence is good and I just love his intelligence. While he has thrown some interceptions in his career he is very smart. On third down he almost always makes a throw that will allow a first down and is good on other situations as well such as on second and long throwing a 5 to 10 yard pass or on third down checking it down for a managable 4th down if it is a situation to go for it. The biggest issue I have with Henne is his consistency, and he gets worse when he consistently has a defender in his face. He isn't tall but has a nice build. But his experience, arm strength, accuracy, and intelligence make him a good option. I also think he would be better in a place like the Georgia Dome.

Colt Brennan is a good prospect but the spread offense causes me some worries. He does not have to make a lot of NFL throws and the stats are obviously inflated due to a weak schedule of opposing teams and the spread offense he plays in. The Senior Bowl and the Georgia game tonight will be huge. His upside is huge though with intelligence, a good arm, accuracy, and athleticism.

Woodson I already gave my opinion on.

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 01-01-2008 at 06:44 PM.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we grabbed a OT or QB with our top pick I would love Rashard Mendenhall in a trade up, the trade up being our high second round pick and our third round pick (where the talent is not great this year). Or even Jonathan Stewart to a lesser extent.

These are assuming Colt Brennan does good in the Sugar Bowl against Georgia and good in the Senior Bowl. I think that would make him a round one pick.

1. Jake Long, OT Michigan
1. Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois/ Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
2. Chad Henne, QB Michigan/ Erik Ainge, QB Tennessee

1. Jake Long, OT Michigan
1. Colt Brennan, QB Hawaii
2. Tashard Choice, RB Georgia Tech./ Mike Hart, RB Michigan/ Ray Rice, RB Rutgers/ James Davis, RB Clemson

1. Matt Ryan, QB Boston College
1. Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois/ Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
2. Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt

1. Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
1. Colt Brennan, QB Hawaii
2. Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt

I think our offense would make huge strides with any of these scenarios.

Old 01-02-2008, 02:52 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

That sounds reasonable to me. One possible concern with that scenario is that we wouldn't have a single pick in the first 3 rounds on a defensive player. However, I don't think that is a problem. We already have a lot of talented youth on defense. If we add a couple of mid-level free agents to bolster depth, we should continue to have an above-average defense, which we can start to take to the next level in the 2009 draft.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:09 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Incidentally, might not need to be trading up for Brennan now...
Old 01-02-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

True. There is still a possibility there will be a late first round QB though. One of them could rise (Chad Henne, Colt Brennan, Erik Ainge) at the senior bowl, or one of them could drop (Matt Ryan, Brian Brohm, Andre Woodson). I tend to think it will be Chad Henne, Andre Woodson, or Brian Brohm.

Henne's performance yesterday really impressed me.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:43 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

henne - no
ryan - NO.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I think you will be a mad Falcons fan come draft day.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:24 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

I'm still fairly confident that either Woodson or Brohm will be available at the top of the 2nd.

Henne has some good days. Problem is, he has a fair few bad days too. And no one wants an inconsistent QB - and that's behind a pretty good O-line too...
Old 01-02-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Keep in mind Michigan isn't great weather most of the year and we play in a dome. I think that benefits Matt Ryan a lot as well.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Woodson.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

woodson, colt, or brohm. preferably brohm.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I think you are right with your OL troubles picking up Matt Ryan in the 1st round and paying the guy top 5 money doesn't work. You need a guy who can move in the pocket like an Andre Woodson and better yet you can drop down to 10 - 15 and pick him up pick up a player or a few more picks.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Matt Ryan is way more mobile in the pocket than Andre Woodson.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Personally I think you are right with your OL troubles picking up Matt Ryan in the 1st round and paying the guy top 5 money doesn't work. You need a guy who can move in the pocket like an Andre Woodson and better yet you can drop down to 10 - 15 and pick him up pick up a player or a few more picks.
that's kinda what we want. get a 2nd and4th to move down. then have a draft lke this:
1 - QB Andre Woodson
2 - OT Ryan Clady
2 - OT Barry Richardson
2 - MLB Jonathan Goff
3 - NT Red Bryant
4 - OG Shannon Tavega
4 - RB Ryan Torain
4 - S Michael Hamlin

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote