Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 01-01-2008, 12:32 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Ryan out, Kiffin in?

http://www.insidebayarea.com/turn2/ci_7856024

I wouldn't mind a defensive overhaul and I love the idea of giving Huff room to roam in the backfield, or even putting him at corner in the Tampa 2. Change is coming and I for one am more than willing to except, I wish Ryan the best of luck, he is great coach, just never got he right personnel in place. Also with Sapp retiring, we'll def. have to focus on D-line in draft at some point.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:05 PM    (permalink
jmanz
Rookie

jmanz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think hiring Monte would be a great move. We are in need of a change.
jmanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your secondary will need to change if you want to run a Tampa 2. Your CBs are great man to man. It would be a waste to see Asomugha play in zone all the time. Huff might do well as a CB though.

Every other part of your defense is pretty solid though. Just draft Glenn Dorsey or Sederick Ellis in the first and that will help alot for the transition in defense.

btw, I think Ryan would be a great coach in Atlanta.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Your secondary will need to change if you want to run a Tampa 2. Your CBs are great man to man. It would be a waste to see Asomugha play in zone all the time. Huff might do well as a CB though.

Every other part of your defense is pretty solid though. Just draft Glenn Dorsey or Sederick Ellis in the first and that will help alot for the transition in defense.

btw, I think Ryan would be a great coach in Atlanta.
when we do play zone on rare occasion Asomugha plays great, but the rest not so much. I think Huff would be a great corner or FS and we can draft for the Tampa 2, there's a lot of guys available this year. I think our LBs def. fit the part. The front 4 def. needs revamped minus Richardson, Burgess and Kelly.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

It's a bit sad to see Ryan go but it was inevitable. Kiffin would be interesting.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Ryan a lot but the run D has been terrible for years, I guess his schemes weren't a good fit for our personnel. I wish him the best of luck and I would love to see what he can do in a system that runs the 3-4.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

It's awesome that the team is most likely going to resign Nnamdi long-term instead of using the franchise tag. BTW, Sedrick Ellis is amazing.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

I think ellis would be a great fit with you guys and am excited to see what the new DC does with huff. I've always thought that he could make a great zone cb.

I saw that Nnamdi has the ability to opt out of his contract, but does tommy kelly have that same option or is he still signed with the team?

Also, what do you guys think the chances are Davis lets his team change from his passion man to man defense to a tampa 2?

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."

Last edited by BroadwayJoe10 : 01-01-2008 at 07:22 PM.
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. The LBs and DL fit the part pretty well.

Thomas Howard - Derrick Brooks
Derrick Burgess - Simeon Rice
Warren Sapp/ Glenn Dorsey/ Sederick Ellis - Warren Sapp
??? - John Lynch
??? - Ronde Barber/ Brian Kelly

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote