Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-01-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2008 Off Season/Draft Thread

Lets try to keep all the offseason and draft stuff in one thread. Post all mocks, free agency players, or anything about the draft or free agency in this thread. Post players you want, and this is mostly a discussion thread.

I am looking at players that could be good in free agency. I read that Damien Woody would test the free agent market. He is a guy I would like to look at, only if he takes a small two year, bout maybe 4 million contract. He could be a stop gap for Faneca. He is the same age as him too.

Also another player I would look at is Kalimba Edwards from Detriot. He I think could bulk up to about 270ish and play defensive end for us. He can rush the passer and be in the mold of Dewayne White basically.

Enjoy this thread, and remember to keep all the offseason stuff in this thread.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of backs I would like to look at as FA are Musa Smith, and Chauncy Washington from USC. Smith is proven, so he could spell Parker well, but Washington is probably the best back not named Joe McKnight on that team. Worth a shot I say.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Starks at LT and Stacy Andrews at RT. Why?

Because we have a solid core of top tier young talent, the last thing we need is to have to rebuild with Ben entering his prime.

Get those two, then go defense with the first 3 picks. Then go for depth.

Maualuga is looking like a great first round pick.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 06:01 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think RB is a need or a concern, i think najeh is a very capable backup and gary russell can be a decent 1 - 2 punch with willie..

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

One player to watch out for next camp is Matt Lentz. He is currently on the PS, but I think he could make the team next year. He was a three year starter at Michigan and can play guard or tackle.
Old 01-02-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I like Coach Bob Sutton from the Jets. I liked what he did with Ellis against us. I think we should bring him in as a coach, and when Lebeau steps down or retires, Sutton can come in and take his place.
Old 01-02-2008, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Ian Scott got released by the Eagles. He has good size and is a run stuffer. I say give him a shot as a back up, maybe even take Keisels spot.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Erin Henderson and Jamaal Charles declared.

I wouldn't Mind Erin Henderson or Rey Maualuga as our first round pick. I love Maualugas intensity and I think with LeBeau, we might be able to cut him loose like Kendrell Bell or Troy.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stiller View Post
I want Starks at LT and Stacy Andrews at RT. Why?

Because we have a solid core of top tier young talent, the last thing we need is to have to rebuild with Ben entering his prime.

Get those two, then go defense with the first 3 picks. Then go for depth.

Maualuga is looking like a great first round pick.
Excactly right on Maualuga...but would he play inside or outside

I'd like Rey in the First.

Devin Thomas in the second

and an unnamed lineman in the third

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

Last edited by DeathbyStat : 01-02-2008 at 03:34 PM.
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Excactly right on Maualuga...but would he play inside or outside

I'd like Rey in the First.

Devin Thomas in the second

and an unnamed lineman in the third
Why is he unnamed?
Old 01-02-2008, 03:57 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Why is he unnamed?
Because Im not sure who will be there

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Well I am thinking on doing a mock, but I am waiting till all the underclassmen declare. So by the 19th, I will make a mock.
Old 01-02-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TerribleEd
Rookie

TerribleEd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hasn't Rey Maualuga insisted on a few separate occassions that he is returning to USC for his senior year? Has he softened on this position?

He is by far my favorite prospect for the Steelers. I do not care if we have bigger needs or not. He is an animal.

That said, there is no way in hell that he is not a top 10 pick if he comes out. And who would likely wind up with him? The Patriots - that's who.

Here's hoping that Rey stays in school.
TerribleEd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 07:49 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerribleEd View Post
Hasn't Rey Maualuga insisted on a few separate occassions that he is returning to USC for his senior year? Has he softened on this position?

He is by far my favorite prospect for the Steelers. I do not care if we have bigger needs or not. He is an animal.

That said, there is no way in hell that he is not a top 10 pick if he comes out. And who would likely wind up with him? The Patriots - that's who.

Here's hoping that Rey stays in school.
he wont necessarily be a lock for the top 10...

but top 25? yeah.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I am not sold on Bloom. If we dont get Royal, I want us to get Darius Reynaud from West Virgina. Basically the same player as Royal and Reid, but is a better reciever. He would be beastly.
Old 01-02-2008, 10:25 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I am not sold on Bloom. If we dont get Royal, I want us to get Darius Reynaud from West Virgina. Basically the same player as Royal and Reid, but is a better reciever. He would be beastly.
ive been very impressed with reynaud, dingle, and schmit as far as prospects go for the steelers in this game

Old 01-02-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
ive been very impressed with reynaud, dingle, and schmit as far as prospects go for the steelers in this game
I am very impressed with Reynaud and Dingle. Too bad that I believe we could have a shot at one.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I am very impressed with Reynaud and Dingle. Too bad that I believe we could have a shot at one.
? what do u mean?

Old 01-02-2008, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
Because Im not sure who will be there
Probably John Greco of Toledo who I think is fantastically underrated.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we do not get Schmitt i am going to be very upset, if there is one player in the whole draft that i want no matter what it would be Schmitt. Kreider is getting older and now he is starting to get hurt, so we need a new younger Kreider and Schmitt is a whole lot better than Kreider and he can run the ball also and that would solve our short yardage problems also and being from WVU he will have a lot of fan following.

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think Schmitt is and could be better than the Bus!!!

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
i.want.troys.hair
Rookie

i.want.troys.hair hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Mocks in years to come

I like Mr. Stiller's ideas of going after Patrick Crayton and maybe Randy Starks from the Titans.

If we get at least Crayton or another legitimate wide-reciever threat via free-agency, this is my mock...

1 Jeff Otah- OT, Pittsburgh
2 Tracy Porter- CB, Indiana
3 Chad Rinehart- OT, N. Iowa
4 Owen Schmitt- FB, WVU
5 Keilan Dykes- DE, WVU
6 Kerry Brown- OG, App. State

Then, in years to come...

1 Phillip Mehrling- OLB
2 Ramses Barden- WR
3 Jason Chapman- DE
3 Chris Clemmons- FS
4 BJ Raji- NT
5 Daniel Holtzclaw- ILB
6 Nick Walker- TE
7 Stephen Hodge- FS

1 P.J. Hill- RB
2 Emmanuel Cook- SS
3 Boo Robinson- NT
4 Vladamir Richard- OG
5 Leigh Tiffin- K
6 Emmanuel Sanders- WR/KR
7 Matt Nichols- QB

Let me know what you think. I'll try to explain any pick that you want me to.

Thanks to Jakey for the sweet sig
i.want.troys.hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:37 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crayton just got a 5 year extention...so WR might need to be addredded this year
Old 01-03-2008, 10:39 AM    (permalink
i.want.troys.hair
Rookie

i.want.troys.hair hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

good to know about crayton. thanks.

Thanks to Jakey for the sweet sig
i.want.troys.hair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As for the '08 mock...i love Otah, Porter would be a good pick, i think we can get a better prospect than Rinehart in the 3rd, Schmitt would be a good pick, i like Dykes, and Brown is o.k. Overall not a bad mock...but nothing sexy