Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

View Poll Results: Who do you want to face January 12th?
New York 6 30.00%
Tampa Bay 12 60.00%
Seattle 2 10.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bye, Playoff Week 1

So, I'm hoping for Washington and New York to win. If Seattle wins on Saturday I'll switch to rooting for Tampa. Honestly I feel good about any of the possible match ups for us. We should handle New York quite easily especially since they're with out Shockey now. Tampa doesn't have the offensive power to match us. Seattle would be the toughest, but there's nothing about them that scares me either.
Old 01-03-2008, 04:46 PM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) New York: They don't seem like a big game team (though they played great against the Pats). They really took advantage of a cake schedule this year. Get pressure on Manning and he will make mistakes, they don't have Shockey either who killed us when we played them earlier this year. Their D is easily the worst of the 3 and I think the Pack can really exploit their secondary.

2) Tampa Bay: They have a great defense and aren't prone to turning the ball over. Obviously, that does wonders, especially in the playoffs but I think the Pack has to many playmakers on the offense. Like GB said their offense isn't to great, they don't really have a deep passing game which I think will be our downfall in the playoffs and I think our d-line can hold their run game. It would definately be a close game if we have the battle of the Bay's but I think we win it.

3) Seattle: The most talented team on both sides of the ball of the 3. Matt Hasselbeck has been outstanding this year and I really think he would have a great game against our secondary. Unlike most people, I still think Shaun Alexander has a few good games left in him but their O-line isn't the best at run blocking. They have a very good secondary, so we'd have to really try to get our run game going along with the pass. They also have playoff experience which we really don't have outside of a few players.

stephenson86

Last edited by JF4 : 01-03-2008 at 04:48 PM.
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 04:57 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How sweet would it be to see " we'll take the ball and we're going to score" all over again?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 05:47 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went with Tampa, but I really feel confident about us playing any team in the NFC, with the exception of Dallas. I'm really hoping for Washington to beat Seattle, and then Dallas.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
How sweet would it be to see " we'll take the ball and we're going to score" all over again?
i would laugh if he said it again, i he should it would funny overall

to be honest i dont want to vs any of them lol but i think we will vs them Buccs

i want to vs the Giants i think Favre could have a better day aginst them then again there pass rush is scary

i think Buccs wouldnt get much pressure on us thou there defence is really good

and for Seahawks i really like there defence and i think Matt Hassleback could take advantage againts our safetys and nickles
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:59 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked Tampa because of their lack of fire power on offense.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:23 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think we can take any 3 and win. I picked Tampa Bay though because its an old NFC North rival, and they play in the warmest area out of the 3 and have to come to da Frozen Tundra.

There offense is the weakest of the 3 but they still have Galloway at WR, Garcia at QB and Grahm who filled in pretty good for Cadillac. Thats not much to worry about on offense but im pretty sure there defense is 2nd overall. They also lost to da Lions so how they made the playoffs is beyond me.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:34 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd most want to play the Bucs, then the Giants, then the Squawks. The main thing that worries me about Seattle is Holmgren and his understanding of Favre, which I feel is greater than Gruden's understanding of Favre, and Tampa Bay doesn't have the rushers and passing game that Seattle has.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle it is.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

This is gonna be a huge matchup in the game. Tausch' needs play great to keep Favre upright.

Last edited by ny10804 : 01-05-2008 at 07:07 PM.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's a good thing we have Franks back now. He could be a big help if Kerney poses a problem during the game.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 08:41 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aww crap, I hate Seattle

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:41 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
It's a good thing we have Franks back now. He could be a big help if Kerney poses a problem during the game.
Him and Lee back together again is a very nice weapon to have. Bubba in particular could be a big threat in the two tight end set, because nearly every team will put their better cover people on Lee. And as always, Bubba at 6'6" is an instant matchup problem for any LB, CB, or S at the goaline.

We have a lot of weapons on offense - Driver, Jennings, Robinson, Jones, Martin, Lee, Franks, Grant, even Jackson and Morency in the screen game - and I think we'll be fine on offense.

What it's gonna come down to is our offensive line protecting Favre and our defensive line limiting Alexander and Morris.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, Seattle still has to deal with Lambeau Field. I think our O-line will hold up better and Seattle let Todd Collins get the lead on them in the 4th quarter at home, so I'm hoping we drop at least 35 on Seattle.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

As painful as it was I think the loss to the bears 2 weeks ago is going to be a big help for the packers in this game.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:10 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle runs a 4-3 don't they? It seems like we do alright against the 4-3 blitz but struggle with the 3-4 LB blitz.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Seattle runs a 4-3 don't they? It seems like we do alright against the 4-3 blitz but struggle with the 3-4 LB blitz.
Yeah they're a 4-3. Ray Rhodes' system that we had used for a couple years in the 90s. They blitz Julian Peterson a lot though, and we might have some problems picking him up.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

It's 52 here right now. I sure hope it gets colder by Saturday. A playoff game in Green Bay should never be above freezing.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope what we saw from Jackson last week wasn't a fluke. He could be a big help come next week.

Hitman D

Old 01-06-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Im glad the giants won, I think they have a better chance of beating dallas than tampa would. This will be the 3rd time dallas will have to beat them this year which aparently has been diffucult to do (11 out 53 attempts since the 73 merger). As much as I would love for the packers to get revenge on dallas, I would much rather they have the chance to play the giants at lambeau field. Not that I want to put the jinx on the packers by hoping for the giants, but playing at home is a much better option.
Im not looking past seattle, Im sure the packers are going to have there hands full against them. Im just saying..

Last edited by Football Fan : 01-06-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:37 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
It's 52 here right now. I sure hope it gets colder by Saturday. A playoff game in Green Bay should never be above freezing.
I dunno about Green Bay but it's supposed to be MUCH colder in Minneapolis by next weekend.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I dunno about Green Bay but it's supposed to be MUCH colder in Minneapolis by next weekend.
It's "supposed" to be cloudy, with a high of 24 on Saturday. But, yeah, take that for what it's worth...

Hitman D

Old 01-06-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seattle would have been my last choice out of the 3, but we should be able to beat them. I didn't think they looked all that impressive against Washington yesterday.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:01 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just remember we played Seattle in preseason. It was only preseason but ya know we won 48-13 :) lets do that again in the Playoffs.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 08:17 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
I just remember we played Seattle in preseason. It was only preseason but ya know we won 48-13 :) lets do that again in the Playoffs.
Hopefully Shaun Alexander plays as well as he did then and the 16 game weeks after

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote