Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-21-2007, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I am having an argument with someone right now...

Okay, so this person I am having an argument says that all of the CIA is secret and you can not let anyone know. But I say the only people who have to keep their job secret is like to black ops., and agents placed in other countries, etc, and someone like an annalist could tell their family that they are CIA...

So, if anyone has any knowledge on this, that would be great!

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Re: I am having an argument with someone right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe
Okay, so this person I am having an argument says that all of the CIA is secret and you can not let anyone know. But I say the only people who have to keep their job secret is like to black ops., and agents placed in other countries, etc, and someone like an annalist could tell their family that they are CIA...

Good question. I would assume everyone would have to keep it a secret for security reasons. If youre a secretary at the CIA and let it be known, youre vulnerable to being kidnapped etc and being tortured for information.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:

Good question. I would assume everyone would have to keep it a secret for security reasons. If youre a secretary at the CIA and let it be known, youre vulnerable to being kidnapped etc and being tortured for information.
I am not saying spread it around the whole world, just to your family and close friends...

Old 02-21-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Windy
All-Pro

Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.Windy is so money.

i am pretty sure njx is a secret agent.
Windy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Zim3031
Pro Bowler

Zim3031 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you.
Zim3031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If I had a nickel for every argument i had...
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am not saying spread it around the whole world, just to your family and close friends...
Probably only family, thats it. Friends...they could be agents working for another country, you never know when you work in that profession.

Anyone who works in that building is vulnerable to being in danger if the wrong person finds out where they work. Its a security issue. Im pretty sure you would only tell people that must absolutely know like your family, but thats about it. Anyone who has access to the building has to be low key.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

My gfs father works for NSA and he has to keep everything about his job completely confidential.

EDIT: NVM I misunderstood the post.
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure if he worked for the CIA, but my mom's uncle designed the system that the air force uses for flight simulations and he told me about area 51. Not sure if that helps at all.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a reason why there are security levels and what not in these agencies. Hell I interviewed at the NSA years ago and once you achieve certain security levels there is only so much you can discuss with the outside world.

Besides if you reveal too much you have to go hunting with Dick Cheney... :shock:

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I know a person who knows a person whose mother worked for the equivalent of the CIA in Canada. She is not allowed to tell him what she did, until it is cleared. For that reason, he is actually allowed to carry a concealed weapon in the US, even though he chooses not to
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
snuff

Just wondering, but assume that it was secret. How would someone be able to tell you what was secret?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819
There is a reason why there are security levels and what not in these agencies. Hell I interviewed at the NSA years ago and once you achieve certain security levels there is only so much you can discuss with the outside world.

Besides if you reveal too much you have to go hunting with Dick Cheney... :shock:
Are you talking about Fort Meade? They get like different numbered levels. My gfs father works there hes pretty high up.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Some of you are mentioning how they can't tell certain information, but I already know that. All I am asking is if they can tell their loved ones...

Old 02-21-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Some of you are mentioning how they can't tell certain information, but I already know that. All I am asking is if they can tell their loved ones...
Sure, as long as their loved ones don't snitch. Snitches get stiches nah mean? (ghetto voice)
Old 02-21-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No. They are not supposed to. I know a family where the husband and wife used to both work in the CIA. Retired now. Met on the job. Son now works for the CIA. They joke around and laugh that they didn't have anything to talk about at the dinner table... but it's true at the same time.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Probably only family, thats it. Friends...they could be agents working for another country, you never know when you work in that profession.

Anyone who works in that building is vulnerable to being in danger if the wrong person finds out where they work. Its a security issue. Im pretty sure you would only tell people that must absolutely know like your family, but thats about it. Anyone who has access to the building has to be low key.
Well, you have to remember that all CIA offices are some of the most protected buildings in all of the world. It would almost be impossible to abduct somebody from an office with all the cameras and security they have. And if someone abducts you not at the CIA place, I am sure if you mis role call or something, they will have someway to find you. Plus, why would someone abduct just an annalist or something? They would hardly know anything important and have a low security clearance.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Sure, as long as their loved ones don't snitch. Snitches get stiches nah mean? (ghetto voice)
Well, I think the minimum sentence for someone illegally leaking information like that is 10 years... so that will help make them keep their mouth shut.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always wondered how you become a CIA agent guy to begin with. Or those Mission Impossible type of people, because I'm sure they exist. . .
Old 02-21-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan
I always wondered how you become a CIA agent guy to begin with. Or those Mission Impossible type of people, because I'm sure they exist. . .
Or else how would stuff get done?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLS42
Quote:
Or else how would stuff get done?
Or does anything actually get "done" at all. . . :roll:
Old 02-21-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
There are a couple of ways I think...
  • You apply for a job as an annalist and if you get the job, you work yourself up
  • You get recruited out of the military or college to work at the CIA
  • You get promoted through the FBI or some sort of government agency

I am sure there are other ways also.

Interesting side not: Jack Bauer was recruited out of the military to the CIA.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
snuff

Quote:
Still.... How would you know if they could tell their loved ones? The loved ones wouldn't know and neither would anyone else. This it that hard to understand?
Old 02-21-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuff
Quote:
Still.... How would you know if they could tell their loved ones? The loved ones wouldn't know and neither would anyone else. This it that hard to understand?
Retired agents might tell curious family members about it, possibly... or it might be in a CIA websites information page...

Old 02-21-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink

i'll settle it right now

my dad worked intel for Navy, hes an o5 i believe, if you know navy rankings, and he worked for the CIA building in Langley fo rabout 3 years. he talked about it all the time, what he did, and i even went into the building and got to walk around and stuff, met some guy too, went into his office, and my family took a tour of the place