Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-04-2008, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Bigbadbob72
Rookie

Bigbadbob72 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Best Sports game you went to in 2007

OK the 07 year is over what were some of the best games that you attended.

for me

1. OSU illinois football game- rooting for OSU but still a very fun game to be at.

2. Dodgers Pirates- Dodgers tie the game in the 9th and then in the 10th Russel Martin hits a game winning grand slam and the dodgers win.

3. OSU UNC bball game. Very exciting game in the first half but ended up not as good as I wanted.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

1. Dallas Cowboys vs Buffalo Bills- MNF game, was off the wall. No one gave Buffalo a chance. Best atmosphere ever, and I think those who were there or watched it on tv would agree.

2. Ottawa Senators at Buffalo Sabres- Game 5 in Buffalo, the crowd was insane, sold out 20,000 inside HSBC Arena, and aout 12,000 outside the arena in a block party. Ottawa won, but it was one of the greatest games ive been too.

3. Virginia Commonwealth vs. Pittsburgh Panthers- March Madness 2nd round, VCU was down 17 with about 7 minutes to play, and came back to tie it up with about minute left. VCU lost, but the crowd/band/game was amazing. VCU beating Duke was also great.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Tigers came to Cleveland late in the season, and the Indians swept them(I went to the final two games), and Hafner and Sizemore were unstoppable.

I also went to Michigan State @ Ohio State, pretty decent game, Beanie ran for like 200 yards and a couple TD's. He's huge in person...
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:10 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AA NY State Championship.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:11 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went to a few Padres games

I also saw Cincinatti whoop San Diego State
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:18 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bills vs redskins.

even though the skins lost it was an incredible game to be at right after the death of sean taylor. ill never forget it.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NMSU Basketball vs Utah State for WAC title.

Unbelievable. We won when they missed a 3 pointer at the buzzer.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:34 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 3 Packers-Chargers. Brett Favre threw 3 TDs, 369 yards and no INTs. A 60 yard bomb to Jennings won us the game and tied Favre with Marino for the TD record. Probably the most exciting Packers game in the past few years.

Here's the video. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?game_i...&override=true
Old 01-04-2008, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8031ad7a

Here are the highlites for the Bills-Cowboys MNF, it was so loud at the Ralph, that it is tough to hear Mike Tirico. Man, that game was insane. Check it out.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d8031ad7a

Here are the highlites for the Bills-Cowboys MNF, it was so loud at the Ralph, that it is tough to hear Mike Tirico. Man, that game was insane. Check it out.
Buffalo is one of the best sports cities IMO. Id hate to see the Bills go.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the Twins' game where Johan threw like 17 strikeouts.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:48 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

1. Colts/Patriots AFC Championship Game - Enough said

2. Indiana/Purdue Football - Heated rivalry where we take back the Old Oaken Bucket for the first time in 7 years. Any game where I storm the field is a great game.

3. Franklin College/North Central (DIII Game) - The team I was cheering for, Franklin since my cousin plays there, lost, but this was a shootout that came down to a touchdown pass as time expired to give NC the 2-point victory. If FC won, they would have faced the eventual DIII Champs.

However I did go to two high school games this year that might trump every single one of these due to the atmosphere where I was, Carmel/Center Grove and Carmel/Warren Central for you Indiana people who might know what I'm talking about.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club

Last edited by cardsalltheway : 01-04-2008 at 03:58 PM.
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:51 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Buffalo is one of the best sports cities IMO. Id hate to see the Bills go.
Where they goin?
Old 01-04-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best game i went to was the LSU vs. FL game. it was insane. they broke the attendance record that night and the tailgating of course was amazing. for LSU to come back the way they did. it was a night i probably won't forget and who knows might be the best game i ever go to.

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:54 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'cuse-213 View Post
Where they goin?
Rumors have it they could move to Toronto or even to cities like LA and San Antonio if Ralph Wilson doesn't ensure the team is sold to a person committed to the city of Buffalo
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chargers at Raiders week 17: It was the first NFL game I've been to, Jamarcus Russells first career NFL start and Warren Sapps final game.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns vs. Bengals, Browns vs. Bills and Indians vs. White Sox (Early in the season, their first home win I think.)
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownsTown View Post
Browns vs. Bengals, Browns vs. Bills and Indians vs. White Sox.
Browns and Bills would have been awesome to go to. I would have had a sick time in the snow.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:26 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The stadium was so ******* electric. Easily the greatest moment i've ever witnessed at a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Browns and Bills would have been awesome to go to. I would have had a sick time in the snow.
Wasn't as much snow as ice, which was bad considering it was windy. Walking out of the stadium the wind would blow you back and you'd slide back on the ice. It was hilarious. I did throw a few snowballs at some annoying bills fans though ;)
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills MNF game. It was the craziest game I've ever been to.
The atmosphere was amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:00 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills-Cowboys MNF. Just awesome.

Didn't get out to as many Sabres playoff games as I did in 06, but Game 1 vs. the Isles was a solid win, first game of the playoffs as the #1 seed, great atmosphere as always

I'm pretty sure I already have my answer for 2008
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

Texas OU is always a good game, the NHL all star game was fun. Carolina Clemson was a good game as well.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yankees-Orioles Game near the beginning of the year. THe Yankess overcame a huge defecit and A-Rod hit walk off slam with two strikes. It was amazing. And Im a Jays fan
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 05:18 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MY high school's girl's volleyball championship. For obvious reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote