Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 01-05-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default With the 12th Pick in the 2008 draft the Denver Broncos select . . .

Thoughts anyone?

With JAMES LAURINAITIS likely gone, I would like to trade out of the first round. If we had to guess as of today, before the combine and any trades, my guess is either KENNY PHILLIPS or KEITH RIVERS. Every year someone "falls" and we are now in a position to pick that person up (like JAKE LONG running a 5.15) . . . but I doubt it.

Do you not wish we had lost the Minn and were picking 9th?
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how's your O-Line looking? I was thinking of some ZBS teams, and obviously you guys came to mind. Could you use an athletic OL like Jeremy Zuttah? I think he'd excel in a ZBS like in Denver. Crazily athletic for an OL. just wondering
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

12 th pick, I say either Line or Lb, if Javon is shipped off, you can always move up the board, Stokley can fill in, and let another WR develop by next year, to take over.

12th pick, you can trade out, but the draft doesn't have that many trades happening, usually unless some team really wants out or sees no value at the pick like Eagles. Campbell could be there, Phillips is another tricky pick he could be around where you guys are right now. Has a good combine, and can shoot up the boards like Willis.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ripdw27 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

if phillips isnt there we should throw in walker n trade down imo.. unless jake long falls
ripdw27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
how's your O-Line looking? I was thinking of some ZBS teams, and obviously you guys came to mind. Could you use an athletic OL like Jeremy Zuttah? I think he'd excel in a ZBS like in Denver. Crazily athletic for an OL. just wondering
Our O-Line is looking like ****, particularly if it turns out Nalen (old) and Hamilton (repeated concussions) are both done. Lepsis is gone already, which is probably a good thing as he was getting beaten like a rented mule towards the end of the season.

We'll definitely be fishing for some help in the draft, OT for sure and probably someone to take over at C. We've got a fair number of second day picks and that's when Shanahan tends to start looking for OL... the addition of Zuttah wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

As for the original question in this thread - Kenny Phillips.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
M
Rookie

M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Campbell could be there, Phillips is another tricky pick he could be around where you guys are right now. Has a good combine, and can shoot up the boards like Willis.
I would actually say a better analogy would be LaRon Landry from last year. He was a first round prospect and people were arguing about who will be the first S taken until the combine and he became the clear #1 choice and eventually the #6th pick. Willis was always the best ILB on the board, just as JAMES LAURINAITIS is the best ILB this year (IMO).
M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdw27 View Post
unless jake long falls
Jake Long won't last past the Chiefs be it at four or five if he is even lasts that long.
Old 01-08-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think we should trade down personally. I want a third rounder.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Armac

The fact that Shanahan has given up so many picks to move up in the last few years proves he thought we were close. However we have to get the best offensive tackle available. Maybe the kid from boise state or the kid from pittsburgh. I didn't think the Ohio State MLB looked to great last night. The middle linebacker from USC looked like a beast in the Rose Bowl. Linebacker seems deep. Maybe a D- Tackle?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Jake Long won't last past the Chiefs be it at four or five if he is even lasts that long.
true, i didnt mean it as a strong possibility. id like kenny phillips 1st n then pick up some solid dt n olineman later..
Old 01-10-2008, 02:16 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about Ellis the DT from USC at 12
Old 01-13-2008, 03:44 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say trade down 5 spots or so, pick up a 3rd rounder and take Otah or Clady IMO.
2nd round, I say if a DT is available who would fit our scheme, take him. If not, LB.
3rd round, LB or S.
For one, our OL situation has me concerned. I want that addressed so badly. I have no faith in Pears or Harris at this point, and Kuper moving to tackle won't be helpful. We need a franchise LT, and in order to get one, you need to draft the right guy.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Rey Rey declares I'd go with him!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
What about Ellis the DT from USC at 12
If Dorseys injury is as serious as some believe than he would have a better chance of dropping that far than Ellis. Right now Ellis looks like a top 5 pick.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:15 PM    (permalink
junior2430
Veteran

junior2430 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.junior2430 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I would love Kenny Phillips or Keith Rivers. I doubt Long or Clady are there, but they would be intriguing. As would Sed Ellis, but I doubt he's there either.

I wouldn't mind trading down and picking up some early picks. Javon will more than likely be dealt, so that should get us an extra pick or two as well.

I'm not as concerned with LT as most. I'm pretty high on Ryan Harris. I think out interior line is fine, but RT concerns me. Pears is only adequate at best. I wouldn't mind depth later at all spots, but RT is the only place I think we need a solid starter.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Phillips is taken by New Orleans or someone else trades up, just trade down. If Kentwan Balmer (DT) is available in the late 1st, he could work. Depending on if they acquire another second or third round pick by that trade, Anthony Collins (OT) from Kansas could be a solid option. The early second round pick should be used on an inside linebacker. Curtis Lofton fits the scheme and allows DJ Williams to move back outside.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:51 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
If Phillips is taken by New Orleans or someone else trades up, just trade down. If Kentwan Balmer (DT) is available in the late 1st, he could work. Depending on if they acquire another second or third round pick by that trade, Anthony Collins (OT) from Kansas could be a solid option. The early second round pick should be used on an inside linebacker. Curtis Lofton fits the scheme and allows DJ Williams to move back outside.
See, I think its really impossible for me to say who I want the Broncos to pick because there are so many options at different positions and it all depends on who is available.
I mean, Oher, Clady, Phillips, Rivers, etc.
Honestly, I don't want to take a DT in the 1st, I think that would be a wasted pick.
OT, Phillips and LB is what needs to be taken. From the looks of it, trade down 5-7 spots, pick up a 2nd or 3rd round pick, take the best OT available, in the 2nd take a LB and the extra pick take S/RB/WR whatever.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:40 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

ive decided id be satisfied with phillips clady or otah in the 1st and then go from there...
Old 01-22-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Phillip Wheeler might be that guy that shoots up the draft boards.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... Kenny Phillips, S, The U.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 11:28 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Phillip Wheeler might be that guy that shoots up the draft boards.
dont recognize the name (havent been following the draft so much this year) who is he
Old 01-23-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
ripdw27
Veteran

i see thanks... so itd be nice to go phillips/wheeler in 1 n 2 then..
Old 01-24-2008, 04:30 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

I'm starting to grow more on taking Phillips in the 1st. He might present himself as the best available player at 12.
If we take Phillips in round 1, I want to take a LB in round 2. Lofton, Wheeler are 2 that come to mind that could be available. What about Grable?
If not LB in round 2, then I'd look at OT or DT. Frank Okam is one name that comes to mind who could help the defense out, providing a big run stuffing body up front. I don't know if there would be good value at OT with our pick in the 2nd round, maybe if Baker falls that far.
I think I'm leaning towards this scenario if Phillips and Clady aren't available at pick 12:
Trade down with the Minnesota Vikings and see if we can trade pick #12 and maybe an extra late 2nd day pick for their pick #17 and both their 3rd round selections.
Question is, though, why would Minnesota want to trade up? Need to have someone at 12 so the trade up would work.
Old 01-24-2008, 04:46 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might as well take phillips if you cant trade down, the defensive line still needs addressed of course but at least you guys will have an elite secondary, DT's will be great value in the 2nd and one of those guys will probably be an impact player for someone, Dre Moore is a guy I think could be there for your 2nd...he is a strong guy and could probably take up 2 blockers to free up the lb's...

Also if DJ is still at mike then im sure a lb will be a priority at some point to get him back outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Chris
Pro Bowler

Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wheeler is the kind of linebacker Denver needs. Athletic and can blitz.

If you look at the linebackers Denver has talked to or seems to be interested in (Crable, Connor, Guyton, etc.) they are all pretty excellent blitzers. Guyton could be an interesting Day 2 guy; pretty late on Day 2 as a SAM option.