Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football > Recruiting

Recruiting Discuss High School Recruiting

Old 01-05-2008, 06:02 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

reigle9 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Best unknown recruit in the country.

Jordan Todman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dHjUjGDulKM
reigle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

He actually doesn't impress me very much. Nothing special outside of some speed.

He's tiny for a RB. He looks like half the size of everyone on the field and it's not like he plays the best competition in Massacusetts. He's listed at 5'10 185pounds but his frame looks much smaller then that and I don't see where he's got room to add much more bulk. even if he manages to gain 10 pounds. 195 pound runningbacks will get lit up in the ACC.

Lorenzo Booker had tons and I mean tons more talent then Todman and he had to split carries with Leon Washington and Antonie Smith because he couldn't handle the load. And he was basically an outisde runner and caught screen passes because he didn't have the bulk to run between the tackles. Booker is about the same size as Todman.

Todman runs way too high and will be beat up doing that for a guy his size at the next level. You have to be a big guy like Adrian Peterson or Brandon Jacobs to get away with a high running style. Todman just can't do that.

He's has some nice moves here and there but also seems to get a little stiff at times when he gets into spaces that are too confined.

That only real thing that stick out to me is his speed. Everything about the kid is less then impressive except for the fact that he runs by guys. Rivals lists his speed as 4.45 which is good but it's not gonna get you to run by guys at the college level.

I don't think the kid is underrated at all. He looks to me exactly what he is rated. He is a 2 star prospect in my eyes. Nice highlights but no size, and horrible technique. He makes plays in HS based on just speed. That in my eyes translates to trouble at the next level.

He seems like a KR to me. Nothing more. Maybe if he does alot of work on routes and hands he could turn into a decent 4th WR?
Old 01-05-2008, 10:43 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Very well written out post, most on here would say "he sucks" and that would be the end of it.

That said, I think you're wrong.

He is 5'10'' 185 per his guardian. He's going to UConn so the ACC doesn't really matter.

One thing about 40 times that you need to learn is that the listed times are crap unless it's run at a Combine. There's not many players at the NFL combine that break 4.45 and JT was timed at a Combine at 4.43 so he's plenty fast enough for any conference. I don't think he relies on his speed at all, he was making all kinds of runs. The guys that rely on their speed try to break every run to the outside *cough* Michael Shaw *cough*.

Oh and I never used the word underrated one time, I said unknown. Now I'll say he's underrated. If a rankings guy watches his SR film, I'll predict he gets bumped to a 4*. Stephfon Green (PSU tFR) was also a 2* out of high school because nobody ever got around to his film. Bob L. said he would've been a high 4* if he got his film in time.
Old 01-05-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks decent. Not the most unknown. I played on a 3 time Super Bowl Winning team in Mass, not the best competition. Will be interesting how he develops body wise and to see if he can do well against bigger faster comp.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Joeyjr09

Quote:
Originally Posted by reigle9 View Post
Very well written out post, most on here would say "he sucks" and that would be the end of it.

That said, I think you're wrong.

He is 5'10'' 185 per his guardian. He's going to UConn so the ACC doesn't really matter.

One thing about 40 times that you need to learn is that the listed times are crap unless it's run at a Combine. There's not many players at the NFL combine that break 4.45 and JT was timed at a Combine at 4.43 so he's plenty fast enough for any conference. I don't think he relies on his speed at all, he was making all kinds of runs. The guys that rely on their speed try to break every run to the outside *cough* Michael Shaw *cough*.

Oh and I never used the word underrated one time, I said unknown. Now I'll say he's underrated. If a rankings guy watches his SR film, I'll predict he gets bumped to a 4*. Stephfon Green (PSU tFR) was also a 2* out of high school because nobody ever got around to his film. Bob L. said he would've been a high 4* if he got his film in time.
My bad about the ACC. Thought I read he was going to Boston College. Still the Big East has been a good conference of late and will be tough on him as well.

4.43 is a fine time but 4.43 is a Massacusetts high school is alot different then a 4.43 in the Big East. He's not lacking speed but neither will the guys around him.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on whether he relies on speed or not. Yea he did break out different types of runs but his most impressive clips where when he breaks outside or gets good blocking and hits the 2nd level with open field. The only real good part of his game was getting by guys in the open field. I just don't see much technique at all, and when he runs inside he doesn't shy away from contact which is usually a good thing. However, with his small size, he's not gonna be breaking arms tackles in college on those inside runs. Those college LBs are gonna wrap him up inside and bring him down instead of him breaking those arms tackles like he does in his high school clips. I mean there's even a clip of him straight running over a guy at the 1:48 mark or so. Do you really think stuff like that is gonna work for a guy that small at the next level?

I just don't see if. Maybe if he bulks up and learns to run alot lower he can be a good change of pace guy and home run threat but I just don't see him being able to have much of an impact unless he seriously bulks up and does alot of learning on his technique and running style. And with his frame I just don't see the room to add much weight.

I just don't see the tools there for him to excell at the next level. I mean in recruits you usually look at technique, speed, size as the 1st three general points and then go from there. Well he's seriously lacking in 2 of the 3 areas and I don't know how much room there is for improvement in those 2. It's very hard to completely change a running style and there's not much you can do about a small frame.

He does seem to have decent vision although that's very hard to judge from HS clips and he changes direction fairly well. He has some ok qualities but I just don't know if I see enough in him to think he's anything more then a 2* prospect and KR/Change of Pace guy at best in college.
Old 01-05-2008, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's going to UConn? Sweet!

We don't really have that type of running back here at UConn. Donald Brown has some decent speed, but certainly nothing like Todman has from what I can see. Dixon is just a power back for us basically, so this guy could easily see some playing time as a freshman as a change of pace back. Certainly he could replace Larry Taylor for KR/PR duties.

UConn has some good coaches so hopefully we can develop him a bit and take advantage of his speed. We've had a knack for finding good RB's this past few years.

I think he has some potential in terms of talent. We shall see I suppose.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

A few months ago I would've said Jordan Jefferson, but Rivals caught on to him.

I'm quite excited about him..hes got a bit of an awkward thowing motion, but a big arm and he moves very well.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Green is another sleeper. Dominated his competition in Tally, and is a 3* going to Purdue. Has legit 4.3 speed, and can juke the crap out of you. Also plays soccer with his HS team, I thought that was interesting. He's gonna be real good at Purdue.
JeffSamardzijaIRISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
A few months ago I would've said Jordan Jefferson, but Rivals caught on to him.

I'm quite excited about him..hes got a bit of an awkward thowing motion, but a big arm and he moves very well.
Beat me to it.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most underrated: Daymond Patterson

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
My bad about the ACC. Thought I read he was going to Boston College. Still the Big East has been a good conference of late and will be tough on him as well.

4.43 is a fine time but 4.43 is a Massacusetts high school is alot different then a 4.43 in the Big East. He's not lacking speed but neither will the guys around him.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on whether he relies on speed or not. Yea he did break out different types of runs but his most impressive clips where when he breaks outside or gets good blocking and hits the 2nd level with open field. The only real good part of his game was getting by guys in the open field. I just don't see much technique at all, and when he runs inside he doesn't shy away from contact which is usually a good thing. However, with his small size, he's not gonna be breaking arms tackles in college on those inside runs. Those college LBs are gonna wrap him up inside and bring him down instead of him breaking those arms tackles like he does in his high school clips. I mean there's even a clip of him straight running over a guy at the 1:48 mark or so. Do you really think stuff like that is gonna work for a guy that small at the next level?

I just don't see if. Maybe if he bulks up and learns to run alot lower he can be a good change of pace guy and home run threat but I just don't see him being able to have much of an impact unless he seriously bulks up and does alot of learning on his technique and running style. And with his frame I just don't see the room to add much weight.

I just don't see the tools there for him to excell at the next level. I mean in recruits you usually look at technique, speed, size as the 1st three general points and then go from there. Well he's seriously lacking in 2 of the 3 areas and I don't know how much room there is for improvement in those 2. It's very hard to completely change a running style and there's not much you can do about a small frame.

He does seem to have decent vision although that's very hard to judge from HS clips and he changes direction fairly well. He has some ok qualities but I just don't know if I see enough in him to think he's anything more then a 2* prospect and KR/Change of Pace guy at best in college.
Works for for, you seem like a good guy. You're about the third one I've seen on this site.

He also plays CB if you'd like him better there. There's highlights of him playing on D but I don't have the link right now.

*Just looked around a little
I know Mass. isn't Texas or Florida, but his team was #2 in state and played good competition. They beat the #6 team in the state 40-7 and lost to the #1 team 36-28. The #1 team (Everett) is ranked #25 in the country which is pretty impressive. He dropped 199 yards on 20 carries against them.
Season stats: 2147 yards 11.42 ypc 33 td's
Ok, now I think he's even better than I did five minutes ago.

Last edited by reigle9 : 01-06-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:16 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Most underrated: Daymond Patterson
Tell the guy in your sig he looks like a real **** haha.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
The crustache gets all the ladies. Watch it.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
See: Random Discussion Thread in the Off Topic Section

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:43 AM    (permalink
reigle9
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Jr View Post
The crustache gets all the ladies. Watch it.
It was a joke, I thought it was obvious but I guess not. He can name his hand a new name every night, but that doesn't mean he gets all the ladies. I haven't seen him on, think he might've offed himself after Deion Walker and the Stillers.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:07 PM    (permalink
hornjbob

Most Unknown recruit: Corey Watman plays C and LB and hes from Canada, Yeah I said Canada, 6,2 280 ,Benches 225 34 times, Max Bench of 415 Dead Lifts over 600, fastest 40 ran was a 5.3, Hes not just numbers either, Very smart makes minimal mistakes, Schools that were looking at him were Ole Miss, NC State and Eastern Michigan, Decided to go to Eastern and stay close to home, Its too bad he plays in Canada because I know if he was in Florida or Texas he would be in the Rivals top 50, Oh by the way he won 2007 O-Line MVP at the Penn St Nike Camp, And their were some good players their such as Terrelle Pryor and others, Also won 2007 O-Line MVP at Ole Miss Nike Camp, Yes he is on Rivals but is a 2 star recruit, Mainly because people feel the competition he goes against here is weak
Old 01-07-2008, 10:07 PM    (permalink
NDfootball
Rookie

NDfootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ill throw a Long Island name out there, Joe Sidaras QB, committed to Hofstra. The guy's led his high school to three conference I L.I. Championships. Lefty, 6-3, good arm strength, accuracy, speed. Hopefully leading Hofstra to some good things in the near future.
NDfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For mizzou check out Jerrell Jackson, 30 catches 14 tds, and 29.6 yards per catch. He didnt even have a profile on rivals until he commited. Mizzou always finds sleepers in texas this kid is next in line

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I played in the superbowl this year at gillette and i stuck around to see his gave that was after mine and yes this is mass. and the competition is no where near FL, CAL, TX, or many of the major high school football states. But when i saw todman play he was something special. When he turns that corner say good bye. All i have to say is that people will say he is overrated beacuse he is from Mass. but Todman is god in Mass and i cant wait to for him to prove people like Joeyjr09 when he lights it up in the future.

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 02:31 AM    (permalink
oregonbucfan
Veteran

oregonbucfan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Scout has him as a 2 star, Rivals has him as a 4. He looks more like a 4.
Lamichael James...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=D2IMBrFMCCg
Old 01-19-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Bostonsportlova
Rookie

Bostonsportlova hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I live in mass. about 20 minutes from dartmouth high. where Jordan Todman plays. i think ive been to 3-4 of his games. I was shocked to see hes name on this website. I agree 100% to the post above saying hes a god in mass. He has increadible speed. And makes great cuts. I know he was being recruited by purdue, ucon and a couple others. and didnt no he chose ucon so good for him.

Season stats: 2147 yards 11.42 ypc 33 td's

many of the games he only played the first half - winning by so much. And everett i think has a player ian johnson rb going to bc so everett does have some talent even in mass.

Actually in high school todman played olb, because most of the teams around here mainly run the ball

And for a side note, the qb te and wr are all being recruited d1 from that school already for next year
Bostonsportlova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AJ Price 2* prospect from Virginia. Has offers from a few schools. Was mainly a basketball player but was asked to join football his senior year and did. Has good size and speed. Could be a good player.
Old 01-20-2008, 07:35 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I spent most of my life (ages 11-24, 26-27) in Massachusetts and I was always surprised that more guys from my area didn't get attention nationally. I went to high school with a kid that was 6'4" and about 260, solid as a rock, always in the gym, etc, and he was a great DT/OT for our school. I was really, really surprised that the best he could do was Assumption College here in Worcester.

Then I spent close to three years in Jacksonville, FL. I lived about 6-7 miles down the road from Ponte Vidra High School, where they had this QB that was supposed to be really good. I followed him pretty closely because there was controversy around the fact that he was home schooled and his parents moved him so that he could play for Ponte Vidra, and I never thought his stats were all that more better than some of the better players in the Central Mass area. Two years later, Tim Tebow won the Heisman trophy, and I started seeing third team all stars from Jacksonville going to schools like Southern Miss and North Carolina State. You know, schools that the player of the year in Massachusetts would have a hard time getting recruited to but aren't necessarily power-houses.

It's crazy how much of a difference there is to me. [/random observation]
Old 01-28-2008, 11:59 PM    (permalink
TheMikey10
Rookie

TheMikey10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

not an unknown at all, but Tommy Streeter is incredibly underrated, he will be a superstar, bank on it
Old 01-29-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjr09 View Post
That only real thing that stick out to me is his speed. Everything about the kid is less then impressive except for the fact that he runs by guys. Rivals lists his speed as 4.45 which is good but it's not gonna get you to run by guys at the college level.
since when does legit 4.45 speed not get you running by guys in college? Why does everyone think that these guys are so freaking fast? Most guys in the NFL can't even touch 4.5 let alone 4.4 and yet theres always people talking about how 4.4 isn't even that fast anymore or how sec linebackers are all running 4.4s. 4.45 is fast as hell and he will certainly be able to run away from people in college. Not only that but most guys get a little faster in college from all of the workouts so I would expect him to be around the lower 4.4s at worst during his college career.
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote