Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 09-07-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
Not drafting offense really crushed the hawks IMO. OLine looked awful and our lack of playmakers really hurts us badly. Eddie Royal, DeSean Jackson, Dustin Keller would have all been great, but our offense has no big play potential with the exception of Burleson who is only a deep threat.
I agree. Carlson may have been the most complete TE in the draft, but I believe that in today's day and age it is more important to have a TE who is capable of stretching the defense down the seam. I don't believe that Carlson is capable of doing that. I never did. He's not a big play TE. He does need to step up the mental aspect of his game though, false starts are not going to be accepted by the fans or by Holmgren.

Now that Burleson got injured, but I don't know how seriously...we have no big play guys at the moment. Honestly...this entire game I was practically begging to see a screen pass thrown to Burleson and letting him do what he does, make big plays. But no...they decide to throw elsewhere ending with a 17-41 day for Hasslebeck and only 10 points on the board.

This game had better wake up the Seahawks, they were way too casual about today's game. It's like they expected to be handed victories this season or something.

Edit: I'm beginning to think that Ruskell doesn't know how to evaluate offensive players skill players very well which is why I think that he decides to go with the safe picks, offensive linemen, when he does decide to draft high. Even Carlson was a safe pick. He was the consensus overall best all-around TE. Maybe he needs to get some help when it comes to evaluating players at the skill positions.

Last edited by summond822 : 09-07-2008 at 09:03 PM.
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
I agree. Carlson may have been the most complete TE in the draft, but I believe that in today's day and age it is more important to have a TE who is capable of stretching the defense down the seam. I don't believe that Carlson is capable of doing that. I never did. He's not a big play TE. He does need to step up the mental aspect of his game though, false starts are not going to be accepted by the fans or by Holmgren.

Now that Burleson got injured, but I don't know how seriously...we have no big play guys at the moment. Honestly...this entire game I was practically begging to see a screen pass thrown to Burleson and letting him do what he does, make big plays. But no...they decide to throw elsewhere ending with a 17-41 day for Hasslebeck and only 10 points on the board.

This game had better wake up the Seahawks, they were way too casual about today's game. It's like they expected to be handed victories this season or something.

Edit: I'm beginning to think that Ruskell doesn't know how to evaluate offensive players skill players very well which is why I think that he decides to go with the safe picks, offensive linemen, when he does decide to draft high. Even Carlson was a safe pick. He was the consensus overall best all-around TE. Maybe he needs to get some help when it comes to evaluating players at the skill positions.
I agree 100%. We usually do draft safe and it seems as if we don't have anything to show for it from the regime in the front office's tenure. Walrus brought Hasselbeck, Alexander was a consensus pick, Jones was there previously, Trufant was a consensus pick, and we acquired basically every WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmm....man this is getting depressing.

I'm not as bothered by this loss as the one last week though. Last week was an embaressment, this week we got beat by an inferior team that played better than we did.

It didn't help any that Payne and Wallace got hurt today. Wallace with a calf injury before the game and Payne with that nasty shot to the knee.

Carlson really impressed me today as did Jones. I think that when Morris comes back that he shouldn't be given back the starting job. He doesn't run as physically as Jones does IMO. Carlson caught everything thrown his way today, obviously he is turning into one of Hasselbeck's favorite targets.

Depressing that we lost and couldn't take advantage of multiple chances to win this game. Those two interceptions by Hasselbeck lost us the game ultimately, but there were so many other things that went wrong...

Here's hoping they put in a better appearance next week.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
Old 09-21-2008, 08:33 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Yes!!!! We finally broke into the win column! This game was over in the first quarter...couldn't believe how it seemed like St. Louis seemed to give up when we went up 17.

Jones had another impressive day running and Duckett got a lot of yards in garbage time. The WR's did their job for most of the day, especially early on, and they helped get the ball out of Hasselbeck's hands so he didn't have to worry about getting sacked by the blitzes of the Rams.

It was nice to get a win, but here is hoping that we'll get healthy over the bye week and hopefully beat New York.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6