Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:03 PM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

westbrook was supposed to be forth woops and jones-drew, ronnie brown and Ryan Grant are all great backs that clearly were top ten this year
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:08 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjpackers View Post
1) LaDainian Tomlinson
2) Adrian Peterson
3) Fred Taylor
4) Steven Jackson
5) Maurice Jones-Drew
6) Steven Jackson
7) Ronnie Brown
8) Frank Gore
9) Clinton Portis
10) Ryan Grant
Um Brian Westbrook?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Pack_Attack_4
Rookie

Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.Pack_Attack_4 is so money.

alot of people dont seem to be giving Ryan Grant alot of love, he has lead the league in rushing since week 8, the only reason he didnt he didnt start all year is bec he got traded to us right b4 the year started and the team was using jackson as our #1 back.
Pack_Attack_4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pack_Attack_4 View Post
alot of people dont seem to be giving Ryan Grant alot of love, he has lead the league in rushing since week 8, the only reason he didnt he didnt start all year is bec he got traded to us right b4 the year started and the team was using jackson as our #1 back.
Do it for more than half a season and I'll be impressed.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
badgerbacker
Pro Bowler

badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.badgerbacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
Do it for more than half a season and I'll be impressed.
So where do you put him on a list of all the running backs in the NFL? Behind anyone who has played more than half a season?

I'm not saying I'd put him in the top 10 yet, but I definitely think he's in the top half of RBs.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) LaDainian Tomlinson
2) Adrian Peterson
3) Steven Jackson
4) Clinton Portis
5) Brian Westbrook
6) Willie Parker
7) Frank Gore
8) Larry Johnson (I think he'll still get it done)
9) Fred Taylor
10) Ronnie Brown

Sorry, Grant doesn't get on yet.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:20 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afftbl10 View Post
he was voted the most overrated back in the sports illustrated player poll. if i remember correctly he had over 50% of the dline vote.
overrated? really?
i mean he probably isnt a top 10 back but people thinking hes overrated? not sure about that... he def showed this season that he can be a consistent runner and wat he did with the oline we had, thats pretty impressive... plus he probably has one of the best stiff arms in the game

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgerbacker View Post
So where do you put him on a list of all the running backs in the NFL? Behind anyone who has played more than half a season?

I'm not saying I'd put him in the top 10 yet, but I definitely think he's in the top half of RBs.
Probably top half, but in the top 10 and ahead of Westbrook is dumb
Old 01-17-2008, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Tomlinson
2. Peterson
3. Jackson
4. Westbrook
5. Taylor
6. Willie Parker
7. Portis
8. Brown
9. Addai
10. Lynch

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:16 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

01. Tomlinson
02. Westbrook
03. Peterson
04. Parker
05. Jackson
06. Lewis
07. McGahee
08. Taylor
09. Brown
10. Grant
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A.D.'s "inconsistency" = having **** face at quarterback.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People are getting mixed up in fantasy and real life. All these rankings look like fantasy rankings based off who will get carries.

In real life, if I had to select a back to put on my team, these are the top 10 backs I'd want.

1. Adrian Peterson - He's better...FYI, if America hasn't realized that yet.
2. LaDanian Tomlinson - Simply phenomenal.
3. Steven Jackson - Beast.
4. Brian Westbrook - Most dynamic back in the league.
5. Joseph Addai - Has proved to be a top back in the league at a young age.
6. Marion Barber - Plays with a unique violent running style.
7. Laurence Maroney - Yardage and TDs are low, but so are his opportunities.
8. Marshawn Lynch - Has yet to scratch his potential.
9. Clinton Portis - Very complete back.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

1. LT
2. L. Johnson
3. Westbrook
4. AD
5. C. Portis
6. Steven Jackson
7. Larry Maroney
8. Willie Parker
9. Fred Taylor
10. "Super Mouse" Jones-Drew

Also considered: Joseph Addai, Frank Gore, Ronnie Brown, Jamal Lewis, Marshawn Lynch, Deangelo Williams.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
01. Tomlinson
02. Westbrook
03. Peterson
04. Parker
05. Jackson
06. Lewis
07. McGahee
08. Taylor
09. Brown
10. Grant
Lmao @ #10.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me Larry Johnson, Ronnie brown, Clinton Portis, Marshawn Lynch, Marion Barber before Maroney. Lets see how he does against 7-8 man fronts. he is more of a fantasy back beacuase in limited touches against 5-6man fronts with that line i could get 100 yards in 15-18 carries
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:08 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before LJ got injured and his slow start: 8 games, 158 carries, 559 yards, 3.5 yrds a carry, 3 tds, 30 receptions, 186 yards, 1 td. He was on pace for 1100 yards, 6 tds, 60 receptions 400 yards. 1500 yard season with the most abysmal o line in the NFL.
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:09 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

in terms of guys i want if im starting a franchise. for me it looks like this:

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Ladanian Tomlinson
3. Clinton Portis
4. Brian Westbrook
5. Steven Jackson
6. Joseph Addai
7. Larry Johnson
8. Marion Barber
9. Marshawn Lynch
10. Ronnie Brown
Old 01-17-2008, 04:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
in terms of guys i want if im starting a franchise. for me it looks like this:

1. Adrian Peterson
2. Ladanian Tomlinson
3. Clinton Portis
4. Brian Westbrook
5. Steven Jackson
6. Joseph Addai
7. Larry Johnson
8. Marion Barber
9. Marshawn Lynch
10. Ronnie Brown
I left LJ off my list because it seems he needs a good OL in order to operate. I actually like what Kolby Smith did when he got to be the starter better than what LJ did. When a guy has a bad year after signing a big contract, that also deserve being knocked down.

Interesting to see you left Willie Parker off. I did the same.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:07 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
1) LaDainian Tomlinson
2) Adrian Peterson
3) Steven Jackson
4) Clinton Portis
5) Brian Westbrook
6) Willie Parker
7) Frank Gore
8) Larry Johnson (I think he'll still get it done)
9) Fred Taylor
10) Ronnie Brown

Sorry, Grant doesn't get on yet.
I understand your reasoning for no Grant, but if AD can be on there Grant surly can as well.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:16 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I understand your reasoning for no Grant, but if AD can be on there Grant surly can as well.
AD did it over the course of a full season. If things continue to go well Grant should find his name on the list come next season no problem.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:22 PM    (permalink
bolts2388
Rookie

bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let me see AD do it for 7 seasons first before you even try to put him even close to LT. lmao at people trying to even compare them
Old 01-17-2008, 05:27 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts2388 View Post
let me see AD do it for 7 seasons first before you even try to put him even close to LT. lmao at people trying to even compare them
Whether you wanna admit it or not the gap between LT and other NFL RBs has been closed and theres a good chance there will be a new #1 RB next season (AD).
Old 01-17-2008, 05:30 PM    (permalink
bolts2388
Rookie

bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bolts2388 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Whether you wanna admit it or not the gap between LT and other NFL RBs has been closed and theres a good chance there will be a new #1 RB next season (AD).
haha dude even in LTs off year this year he still gets better stats then every other back in the league so what does that tell you?

Last edited by bolts2388 : 01-17-2008 at 05:36 PM.
bolts2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolts2388 View Post
haha dude even in LTs off season this year he still gets better stats then every other back in the league so what does that tell you?
Its not like he ran away with the rushing title this season and he actually only pulled away for good in the last game or two. A heavier work load and more experience come next season will surely pull AD over the top this time.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:16 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Portis is so overated

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote