Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-05-2008, 06:00 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default JP Losman

What do people think about trading for him? He is still only 26 and would mean we dont have to draft a QB. What do you guys think Buffalo would want for him? Like a 5th or 6th round pick?
Old 01-05-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This 4-12 season is bringing more and more Falcon fans to this site. Awesome.

I would love him for maybe a 4th-6th round pick. He has a great deep ball and can chuck it deep for White. Hes mobile and a bit athletic. Theres not much else he can do though....But he would be a great pick up to start for us for a season or two. We can still draft a guy like Flacco or Josh Johnson and groom him (or even Andre Woodson).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont think we will be able to get woodson unless we trade back into the 1st round. and i dont think its worth it. we have too many needs to trade away our 2nd round picks. if we trade for losman and get jake long we might be able to compete next year.
Old 01-05-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we need to rebuild from scratch. losman is not gonna be the answer. hes just another QB thrashed by this league just like harrington and leftwich and that wont be the answer. heck, ill take ryan before him.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JP Losman had a shot in the NFL. We need to draft a QB and groom him.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:24 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losman isnt the long term solution. He is the short time starter that will be there AS we groom the QB, and build an offensive line for the QB of the future.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 01-06-2008, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, most of you would give up a 4th for him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
So, most of you would give up a 4th for him?
Maybe a 5th
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Somewhere between a 4th and 5th I would say.

Old 01-06-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

not me...2 words Randy Moss...I'm only going for Big time value
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't even give a bucket of peaches. We dont need him at all.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 01-06-2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:03 PM    (permalink
falconsrule
Rookie

falconsrule hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I wouldn't even give a bucket of peaches. We dont need him at all.
This is why I said maybe a 5th.....The only posistive Losman have is his age and thats it.....with that said I wouldnt be mad if we gave up a 5th but anything less then that I wouldnt do.
falconsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 07:42 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why give up a fifth when redman is serviceable? who knows we could get a steal with that fifth rounder. marques colston anyone?
Old 01-06-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say trade for him and draft a quarterback. Same situation he was in Buffalo with Holcomb (would be Redman), Losman (would be Losman), and Trent Edwards (would be the rookie).

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 06:41 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

i dont see the logic in acquiring him.
Old 01-07-2008, 07:08 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

For a 5th or 6th, maybe. But he had a fairly decent O-line in Buffalo, a couple of good receiving options, and a decent run game, and still he was below average. I can't see that there is any great chance of him turning that around in ATL.
Old 01-07-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconsrule View Post
This is why I said maybe a 5th.....The only posistive Losman have is his age and thats it.....with that said I wouldnt be mad if we gave up a 5th but anything less then that I wouldnt do.
Does age really matter when you are looking at a short term QB? Why trade for him when you have Redman, and DJ?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-08-2008, 04:42 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Does age really matter when you are looking at a short term QB? Why trade for him when you have Redman, and DJ?
Well, he does have more upside than either Redman or DJ; but he's yet to discover that upside, and that doesn't seem likely to happen behind a worse O-line with a worse running game and similar receivers.

Perhaps a change of scenery is what is required... but it's really not much more attractive an option than Harrington or Leftwich.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:18 AM    (permalink
Mr. Myogi
Rookie

Mr. Myogi hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I will never say JP Losman has a better Upside than DJ.
It really doesn't matter anyway cause MV7 will be back in 2009 anyway.
Bank on it!
But I will take my chances with Redman, Shock, and Leftwich going into 2008. Cut Harrington!

*********"Wax on, Wax off Danielson"**********
Mr. Myogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Myogi View Post
Bank on it!
But I will take my chances with Redman, Shock, and Leftwich going into 2008. Cut Harrington!
Michael Vick will be cut by the Atlanta Falcons on march 2nd BANK ON IT!

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Myogi View Post
Bank on it!
I expect Leftwich gone, I'd Say Redman Shock and Rookie QB, and Redman wont have sure job come O8

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-09-2008, 01:11 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
For a 5th or 6th, maybe. But he had a fairly decent O-line in Buffalo, a couple of good receiving options, and a decent run game, and still he was below average. I can't see that there is any great chance of him turning that around in ATL.
JP Losman never had more than one good receiving option while he was here and never really was the beneficiary of our o-line's improvement this season.
If you want to say Losman just isn't that good, you got an argument because he has some clear faults. But he did not have some of the benefits you said he did, and his time in Buffalo was kind of a raw deal. I think he deserves a shot elsewhere.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote