Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-06-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Packers-Seahawks, Playoff Week 2

Holmgren returns to Green Bay, Thompson faces the team he helped build, Koren Robinson against the team that drafted him, Matt Hasselbeck faces his mentor, We want the ball and we're going to score, etc.

Get ready to hear a lot of that this week. There are many ties between these teams so it's always fun to play each other.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Holmgren returns to Green Bay, Thompson faces the team he helped build, Koren Robinson against the team that drafted him, Matt Hasselbeck faces his mentor, We want the ball and we're going to score, etc.

Get ready to hear a lot of that this week. There are many ties between these teams so it's always fun to play each other.

this game is going to be really good i guess 27-14 packers win thats if he stop Hasselback
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Green Bay favored by 8 vs. seattle with 40.5 as the over/under.
NE favored by 11.5 vs. jack 48 over/under
Indi favored by 8 over SD 47 over/under
dallas by 7.5 over giants 47 over/under

Last edited by Football Fan : 01-06-2008 at 10:51 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

If we score first and and make them one dimensional we win this game.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:44 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

for me, this game is all about the packer's offensive line. as ya saw in the wild card round, seattle gets some funny looking pass rushes. if the packers can establish a run and give favre time, the packers should win...but if the 'hawks are in the backfield all day, it's gonna be trouble.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 10:07 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect Seattle to come out and try to spread the D with 3 and 4 receiver sets while running the ball. If we can blow that up, I think they'll fall back completely on the passing game and become one dimensional. The main issue there is hoping our reserve corners and our safeties can handle the extra receivers, Burleson and Engram, who are above average #3 and #4 targets.

They shouldn't have a running game against us, even if we only utilize 6-7 man fronts a lot of the game.

Defensively they've relied on the pass rush all year to succeed and Favre has always been incredible against the blitz, both in avoiding it and getting the ball out so quickly they never have a shot. The rest of their defense can be exploited and I believe we will hone in on that. I see Grant bashing them and Favre going over top a couple times. They like to go after the ball, though, so Favre needs to have a smart game and work into the deep routes instead of forcing them.

Bottom line, I actually think we'll come out blasting in this one. I'm going with 38-13.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:29 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

my boy nick collins gonna do work son!
hopefully bigby decides not to suck this saturday
or we can just start rouse :)

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36 View Post
my boy nick collins gonna do work son!
hopefully bigby decides not to suck this saturday
or we can just start rouse :)
That would be the best case scenario for me. Rouse and Collins were togheter for a few series against Detroit also but with Bigby winning D player of the month i dont see management sitting him even if i think the award doesnt tell the whole story.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:51 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Yeah, Shawn Alexander hasn't been himself this year, i think he was hurt for a bit and generally looks like he's aged alot since 2005 when he was the MVP. I also agree that if the packers get a lead, say by 10-14 points, game over, grant will pound it for the rest of the game and we move on to dallas.

the Packers need to do two main things to win this game. 1) pressure Hassellbeck, he looked shaky in their playoff game and without a run game he's gonna have to step up and make plays with a average WR corp. 2) establish the line on offense, that SEA pass rush is brutal, But Brett and the O have made a living on short/medium (Slants/bubble screens) passes all season. I believe that the seahawk pass rush plays to the strengh of what we can do.

I would have feared this team more if they were playing like they were in the middle part of the season, but losing to Carolina and Atlanta says to me that this team isn't very good away from Qwest field and is unable to take over the game with the running attack. I think pack win 27-17.

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 02:56 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

By the way, cloudy and 26 on saturday in Gb, thank god no more 60's

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

WOW theres alot of new rookies lol

but i think we have to let Aaron Kampman off his leash let the big dog eat and go crazy on Sean Locklear
Old 01-07-2008, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
WOW theres alot of new rookies lol

but i think we have to let Aaron Kampman off his leash let the big dog eat and go crazy on Sean Locklear
Not really new here... ive been reading these forums for almost 2 years i just dont post alot. Trying to start more now.

But to the game... I think we can win it but i think Favre cant throw INTs and Grants got to have a good game. On the Defensive side Bush has to play a good game and i want to see Kampman come out with 2 sacks. Im gonna say Pack by a touch down
Old 01-07-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Not really new here... ive been reading these forums for almost 2 years i just dont post alot. Trying to start more now.

But to the game... I think we can win it but i think Favre cant throw INTs and Grants got to have a good game. On the Defensive side Bush has to play a good game and i want to see Kampman come out with 2 sacks. Im gonna say Pack by a touch down
Williams will be the nickelback. Bush has dropped down the depth chart. I'm not even sure where he stands at this point.
Old 01-07-2008, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this game is going to come down to our interior line play. If they give Favre a pocket to step up in, forget about it. Tauscher/Clifton will be able to handle Tapp and Kerney, though Kerney may pose some problems, but nothing we can't handle.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I think this game is going to come down to our interior line play. If they give Favre a pocket to step up in, forget about it. Tauscher/Clifton will be able to handle Tapp and Kerney, though Kerney may pose some problems, but nothing we can't handle.
The interior line has been fine all season when it comes to pass protectiong. It was the run game that they had trouble with. Favre's only been sacked 15 times during the whole regular season. Yes, the Seahawks have a very good pass rush and they'll get their hits on Favre, but I'm not too worried about it.
Old 01-08-2008, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hows the weather look for this weeks game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primetime21 View Post
Hows the weather look for this weeks game?

25f cloudy

also did anyone see that punter in that the redskins game he was blasting them very impressive, 4 kicks in the 10 yards line

Last edited by The Legend : 01-09-2008 at 02:44 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:51 AM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
The only thing that worries me is Favre. If he comes out and plays like he did at the beginning of the Dallas game before he got hurt, we are in trouble. No launching passes down the field early or holding onto the ball trying to make something happen when the pocket breaks down. He needs to get the ball out quick, but he also needs to throw it a little higher than usual. It seems to me that he has had quite a few passes knocked down recently, and with Seattle probably bringing the pressure a lot, he needs to make sure he gets the passes over the D-Line's hands. It seems like every tipped ball from Favre always ends up getting picked off, and we don't need Seattle getting any big momentum changers.
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFan20 View Post
The only thing that worries me is Favre. If he comes out and plays like he did at the beginning of the Dallas game before he got hurt, we are in trouble. No launching passes down the field early or holding onto the ball trying to make something happen when the pocket breaks down. He needs to get the ball out quick, but he also needs to throw it a little higher than usual. It seems to me that he has had quite a few passes knocked down recently, and with Seattle probably bringing the pressure a lot, he needs to make sure he gets the passes over the D-Line's hands. It seems like every tipped ball from Favre always ends up getting picked off, and we don't need Seattle getting any big momentum changers.
The o-line played terrible against dallas, Favre had people in his face constantly till they knocked him out of the game. That cant happen in the playoffs or the packers will be out.
I thought before the game that that was what the packers needed to do to Romo, but I think the dallas o-line would make it harder to do. I do expect to see the giants come after romo big time and if they can get to him often enough romo will be making the same mistakes favre did and the giants will win that game.

Last edited by Football Fan : 01-09-2008 at 02:24 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

"We wanted to kick some wet balls and snap some wet balls and hold some wet balls, and we did all that, it was good," Stock said.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
If Blackmon cannot play, Tramon Williams would replace him as the nickel back and punt returner. Williams also will return kickoffs. Robinson, who also returns kickoffs, was replaced by Vernand Morency during practice Thursday
Hmmm. I don't understand why we would take Robinson, a former probowler, off kick return duty.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Hmmm. I don't understand why we would take Robinson, a former probowler, off kick return duty.
Because Robinson was rehabbing his knee?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
PackerFan20
Rookie

PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.PackerFan20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
The o-line played terrible against dallas, Favre had people in his face constantly till they knocked him out of the game. That cant happen in the playoffs or the packers will be out.
I thought before the game that that was what the packers needed to do to Romo, but I think the dallas o-line would make it harder to do. I do expect to see the giants come after romo big time and if they can get to him often enough romo will be making the same mistakes favre did and the giants will win that game.
Exactly - Favre had constant pressure, but he was holding onto the ball too long and trying to force it down the field, instead of taking the short passes they had been getting all season. The only reason Jennings gets his long TD passes is because everything is short, short, short, then BOOM! (Madden style), over the top. If you are getting tons of pressure, you throw the short passes, and that is what has made this offense great this season. Throw it short, and let the receiver make some moves.
PackerFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

also i think we need robinson more in the superbowl / championship game
so we shouldnt risk him 2mmro on kick offs
Old 01-12-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
also i think we need robinson more in the superbowl / championship game
so we shouldnt risk him 2mmro on kick offs
I hope that was sarcasm...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote