Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-12-2008, 03:27 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I hope that was sarcasm...
well if hes not healty then why should he do kick off returns today?

its not worth to risk anything when Williams or Morency can do it

that way he dont push him and next week he can be more healty
not to metion if hes not healty then he wont play as good

Last edited by The Legend : 01-12-2008 at 03:29 AM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:40 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

ohhhhhh babyyyyy atari bigby showed up to play son!!!
our whole defense today played lights out
oh yea that favre guy played pretty good today too :P
BRING ON DALLAS OR NEW YORK!!

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 06:41 PM    (permalink
cordscords
Rookie

cordscords hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm so f'n happy right now!
cordscords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was very happy the entire game. Man, it was sweet.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:14 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Love Ryan Grant!!

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i was scared for like 5 mins, then Favre just tore it UP! And Ryan Grant, what great resiliancy he showed, he played mad all day!
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:24 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre has definitely changed alot this season and doesn't force the ball as much. You could definitely see it today because earlier in his career down 14-0 he might start to force it but man he didnt and just played lights out. If our team plays like it did minus the first 2 series we are going to be tough to beat. It would have been 42-6 minus the first 2 series and we coasted through the 4th quarter. People talked about our inexperience but we showed that had no effect because after going down 14-0 we didnt panic and a big reason which i said we wouldn't be affected in a different thread was Brett Favre.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
NickCollins36
Rookie

NickCollins36 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

what got into Bigby..
dayummm

sig by diehardvikingsfan

IN TED WE TRUST
NickCollins36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCollins36 View Post
what got into Bigby..
dayummm
i think hes proving himslef
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

The guy is an impact player. Sure he makes mistakes but he is an impact safety and every great team needs that now.

[edit]

Oh yeah I LOVED the defense today, I mean they kicked it up another notch, they were SO PHYSICAL. They imposed their will on Seattle. Just about everybody played great. Al Harris was hitting like a monster too.

Bosanac01

Last edited by Nitschke-Hawk : 01-12-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was tough on Bibgy earlier in the season but man as of late he has been playing great. Keep it up

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was fun to watch, our secondary just beat them up.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:40 AM    (permalink
lod01
Veteran

lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.lod01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Favre has definitely changed alot this season and doesn't force the ball as much. You could definitely see it today because earlier in his career down 14-0 he might start to force it but man he didnt and just played lights out. If our team plays like it did minus the first 2 series we are going to be tough to beat. It would have been 42-6 minus the first 2 series and we coasted through the 4th quarter. People talked about our inexperience but we showed that had no effect because after going down 14-0 we didnt panic and a big reason which i said we wouldn't be affected in a different thread was Brett Favre.
Because he doesn't have to and he knows it. Over the last few years the D has sucked, the Favre weapons have consisted of Driver and nothing other than 1 J.Walker year. Now even a WR injury doesn't mean anything. The difference from years before is the team is very good.

I have no idea how some people could not see this going into the year. He knows who he is (that I'm talking about). That is why I made the prediction I made.
lod01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That game was so good, I'm going to watch it again, skipping the first five minutes. I hit the pause button on my DVR and went and watched the last 15 minutes of a local college basketball game I was so irritated. After their second TD, this just became almost the perfect game to watch. Dominating defense with Atari Bigby laying big hits and Al Harris delivering crushing tackles on coverage. The O-line abused Seattle, which is not what I expected in this game at all. I thought we'd be doubling Kerney all day. He got doubled only 25% of the plays. Tauscher PWNED Kerney! Tatafufu was a non-factor and obviously Barnett loves playing against guys that get more recognition but really aren't his equal. Favre managed the game, made great decisions, under-hand tossed a little excitement and even showed he's an under-study of becoming a Asst. Coach. I also LOVED the snow images. It is 68 degrees or so here with blue sky and a few white clouds and I was in shorts, a t-shirt and sandles all day. I never tire of seeing snow games like that. All-in-all, the only thing that made this win better was Dallas losing and GB getting another home game.

GO PACKERS!!!
Old 01-14-2008, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brandon Jackson played decently in spot duty. 8 carries/ 34 yards. 1 catch/ 12 yards and a touchdown. He seems to be creating a nice niche for himself as the number two back behind Grant and has played well the past two ball games. Hopefully he continues to develop and play well. Ideally I think a 2:1 ratio for Grant's carries to Jackson's carries would be the best situation. That will hopefully keep Grant fresh and injury free.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I heart BF51

Quote:
I'd give the nod to Seattle if they meet in the playoffs at this point. Favre has thrown 7 interceptions in his last 4 games, and they haven't beaten a good team since Minnesota almost two months ago (if you consider Minnesota good).
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
I heart BF51
What a hater this guy is lol. Gotta love him.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:46 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
I heart BF51
Is he ever right in his predictions with the Packers?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just a typical Bears fan

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bigby has really stepped up his play recently. I had been in favor of benching him for Rouse earlier in the season, but he has really improved and it looks like we've found ourselves a solid SS.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:13 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marquand Manual.

It is really quite odd. He is very knowledgeable, and his predictions are usually pretty good, but when it is about the Packers he lets his homerism get in the way.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:42 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
The day after the packer game I went back and read the divisional playoff thread and kinda got a kick out of these comments from him:

"They are respecting Green Bay's running game way too much."
"Nice juke by Jennings. They're still respecting the run way too much."
"Haha...normally I would but I hate the Seahawks too, they play girly football.
That said, my eyes light up with joy everytime Favre throws a pick."
"I love cold weather games, unforunately teams don't know how to man up and run the ball anymore, which is why they look so terrible.
""Originally Posted by neko4
Green Bay still plays man2man" BF51 responded:
"Yeah but they run the ball like girly-men. They're offense is essentially dink and dunk just like the Seahawks. The WCO is usually effective but it's terrible to watch IMO."
"Brett Favre can't start forcing things
Translation: Brett Favre will probably force things."
Said after grants 2nd fumble:
"Probably a good idea to not change your opinion of a player based on one play.

EDIT: Check that, he sucks. Hahahaha.."

Some of this might appear to be out of context, so feel free and read it for yourself. Also this was written before Grant exploded for 200 yards.

Also dont get me wrong, I dont mind the guy. Im ok with someone wanting their division rival to screw up, as long as he tries to be realistic in his criticism and he does try to be.
I just find these comments kinda humorous after I saw the outcome of the game.

To be fair I will put down a few good things he wrote:

"Ok I'm really impressed by Greg Jennings today."
"Packers need to go for the jugular here."
"Damn Atari can lay the wood."

Again im not trying to call him out, anyone can go back and find past comments someone posted that look silly after the fact. I just like how the whole game changed after 8 minutes in the packers favor and a bear fan eager for the packers failure had eventually fallen silent.

Last edited by Football Fan : 01-15-2008 at 01:57 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post

That one was a joke.
Old 01-27-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
The day after the packer game I went back and read the divisional playoff thread and kinda got a kick out of these comments from him:

"They are respecting Green Bay's running game way too much."
"Nice juke by Jennings. They're still respecting the run way too much."
"Haha...normally I would but I hate the Seahawks too, they play girly football.
That said, my eyes light up with joy everytime Favre throws a pick."
"I love cold weather games, unforunately teams don't know how to man up and run the ball anymore, which is why they look so terrible.
""Originally Posted by neko4
Green Bay still plays man2man" BF51 responded:
"Yeah but they run the ball like girly-men. They're offense is essentially dink and dunk just like the Seahawks. The WCO is usually effective but it's terrible to watch IMO."
"Brett Favre can't start forcing things
Translation: Brett Favre will probably force things."

Some of this might appear to be out of context, so feel free and read it for yourself. Also this was written before Grant exploded for 200 yards.

Also dont get me wrong, I dont mind the guy. Im ok with someone wanting their division rival to screw up, as long as he tries to be realistic in his criticism and he does try to be.
I just find these comments kinda humorous after I saw the outcome of the game.

To be fair I will put down a few good things he wrote:

"Ok I'm really impressed by Greg Jennings today."
"Packers need to go for the jugular here."
"Damn Atari can lay the wood."

Again im not trying to call him out, anyone can go back and find past comments someone posted that look silly after the fact. I just like how the whole game changed after 8 minutes in the packers favor and a bear fan eager for the packers failure had eventually fallen silent.

this seems a bit stalkish no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
this seems a bit stalkish no?
Actually bf51 has been commenting on the packers and the nfc north since ive been on this site and likely longer. The guy has his own appreciation thread for the nfc north, because everyone particularly in the north is very familiar with him. I know that over the last couple years I have had several agreements or dissagreements with him. So when he writes something involving the nfc north I usually read it if I come across it and sometimes comment on it.
You on the other hand seem to be displaying some stalker issues, concidering the last (and probably only) time I talked to you I called out cowboy fans like yourself that would embrace another dirtbag like pacman on your team and compared him to michael Irvin whom you defended. In fact here is the thread which got locked out before I could respond to you.
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...t=17198&page=2
Me:
"A guy like pacman on the cowboys would be fitting, simiar to a scumbag like Irvin. Sickening how a team that embraces scumbags some way conciders itself "americas team".
You:
"thats funny, could you please compare how irvin was a scumbag during his tenure with the team the way pacman has for the titans?"
Me:"You must be young or have a short memory. Maybe I will list some of Irvins history later, but Im going to work now".
You:
"riiiight...you cant even compare the two in terms of the type of trouble pacman has gotten into, he is in a class of his own first off...No one has ever been in trouble consistently the way he has and stayed in the league for as long as Irvin did"

I have no problem comparing the 2 of them, here you go:
Sexual assault charges, slicing a teamates neck in a dormroom fight and various drug charges.

So yeah I say Irvin is as big a scumbag as pacman.
Here sift through this and enjoy one negative story after another about irvin and his troubles with the law and the PR headache he was for the team.
http://www.texnews.com/1998/2000/cowboys/randy0811.html
http://www.texnews.com/cowboyscamp/index00.html
http://www.lubbockonline.com/news/123196/williams.htm
http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories...7/cowboys.html
Just dont blame me for his his legal history, Im just telling you irvin was a big scumbag much like pacman and if a team wants to designate itself americas team they shouldnt have garbage like this on there roster.

Last edited by Football Fan : 01-28-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote