Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:39 PM    (permalink
JoeSixPac
Rookie

JoeSixPac hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Steelers Needs for 2008 Draft

Heres what I think the needs are for the Steelers this year

O-Line-any position, preferably OT
Anyone who watched the playoffs game noticed that the steelers got owned on the line and got ben sacked a lot and forced him into a lot of picks. depth and starters are needed here.

After the oline its basically a toss up between the rest of our needs

DE, preferably one that fits into the 4-3 Tampa2
Woodley is OK but we need somone else that can get after the QB

CB
we wanted derrell revis last year and missed out. we need youth here and this year might be a chance to address it

LB
Timmons is the only young player we have really that can start in the near future. if were gonna switch to a Tampa2 we need a solid MLB

WR
Santonio Holmes isn't a true #1 so we need someone there that can be a complete WR

RB
Willie had a lot of miles this year and we need someone to spell him that can be more effective than davenport.

basically what i think we should do is because we have so many relative needs we should select the best defensive/o-line player on the board when we get called up with a preference to o-line in the first.

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.
JoeSixPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeSixPac View Post
Heres what I think the needs are for the Steelers this year

O-Line-any position, preferably OT
Anyone who watched the playoffs game noticed that the steelers got owned on the line and got ben sacked a lot and forced him into a lot of picks. depth and starters are needed here.

After the oline its basically a toss up between the rest of our needs

DE, preferably one that fits into the 4-3 Tampa2
Woodley is OK but we need somone else that can get after the QB

CB
we wanted derrell revis last year and missed out. we need youth here and this year might be a chance to address it

LB
Timmons is the only young player we have really that can start in the near future. if were gonna switch to a Tampa2 we need a solid MLB

WR
Santonio Holmes isn't a true #1 so we need someone there that can be a complete WR

RB
Willie had a lot of miles this year and we need someone to spell him that can be more effective than davenport.

basically what i think we should do is because we have so many relative needs we should select the best defensive/o-line player on the board when we get called up with a preference to o-line in the first.
not to sound like a dick but we got a whole thread just for this sorta thing..

but while im here we are most likely not switching to a tampa2

but i agree we should go BPA

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 PM    (permalink
JoeSixPac
Rookie

JoeSixPac hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
not to sound like a dick but we got a whole thread just for this sorta thing..

but while im here we are most likely not switching to a tampa2

but i agree we should go BPA
sorry im new to this site, i've had an account for a while but i've never visited often.

Kojak Sports Blog (my blog)
I like only two teams, the Steelers, and whoever beats the Patriots.
JoeSixPac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah its cool but you can see what a lot of us think in the other thread

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no particullar order

Offensive Line

Wide Reciever

Short Yardage Back

Corner Back

Pash Rusher

Saftey Depth

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote