Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

View Poll Results: Who do you want?
Chan Gailey 1 10.00%
Mike Shula 6 60.00%
Eric Price 0 0%
Bill Callahan 1 10.00%
Other 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2008, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default OC?

These are the names I have heard thrown around if you have heard any other names please post with a link if you have one.

Who do you want?
Old 01-09-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Shula for me...and it sounds like Price, Chan, and Shula are the three finalists

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 12:49 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boo! at not even talking to Brian Billick.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
Boo! at not even talking to Brian Billick.
Ya becasue he really got the Ravens O going.:)
Old 01-10-2008, 09:40 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a little surprised we have not talked to Cam Cameron
Old 01-10-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

I voted for Shula, though I'm not all that excited about any of the canidates. I doubt Cameron even wants to talk to us given he has so many teams talking to him right now and most if not all of those teams have better offensive talent. This is probably the time to try a hot shot young guy in the position and forgo on the vertren retreads that are being mentioned.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:04 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
I voted for Shula, though I'm not all that excited about any of the canidates. I doubt Cameron even wants to talk to us given he has so many teams talking to him right now and most if not all of those teams have better offensive talent. This is probably the time to try a hot shot young guy in the position and forgo on the vertren retreads that are being mentioned.
I say hno to a 1st time NFL OC.How'd that work for us last 2 years?
Old 01-10-2008, 10:24 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
I say hno to a 1st time NFL OC.How'd that work for us last 2 years?

Different though. That's a new coordinator running the same system even though we changed personell. I'm thinking along the lines of what Jason Garrent was for Dallas this year, a guy who runs an aggresive system but who haden't had a OC job before.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhilb View Post
Different though. That's a new coordinator running the same system even though we changed personell. I'm thinking along the lines of what Jason Garrent was for Dallas this year, a guy who runs an aggresive system but who haden't had a OC job before.
Jason had alot more to work with he came in all ready having a pro bowl QB,WR,TE and great line.

Last edited by Splat : 01-11-2008 at 08:56 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 07:32 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

the more I think about this the more it really seems Shula will be the new OC.I have not heard of them talking to anyone else so they must be waiting for Jacksonville's season to end so they can offer it to him
Old 01-10-2008, 09:08 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Ya becasue he really got the Ravens O going.:)
The Ravens won a Super Bowl under Billick. Granted, they had an awesome defense that year, but that only solidifies the fact that Billick is a good coach. He saw what kind of talent he had and molded the team to exploit their strengths. The way he won the Super Bowl is how Herm wants the team to play, so why not? Also, see his Minnesota offenses.

::Edit:: I didn't intend to sound like a prick in that statement. Point-counterpoint, you dig?

Last edited by villagewarrior : 01-10-2008 at 09:10 PM.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:02 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some guys I'd keep an eye on

Mike Shula

Quarterbacks; born June 3, 1965, Baltimore. Quarterback, Alabama 1984-86. No pro playing experience. College coach: Alabama 2003-06 (head coach). Pro coach: Miami Dolphins 1991-92, Chicago Bears 1993-95, Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1996-99, Miami Dolphins 2000-02, joined Jaguars in 2007.

Ken Anderson

Quarterbacks; born february 15, 1949, Batavia, Ill. Quarterback Augustana (Ill.) 1967-1970. Pro Quarterback Cincinnati Bengals 1971-1986. Pro coach: Cincinnati Bengals 1992-2002, Jacksonville Jaguars 2003-2006, joined Steelers in 2007.

Bruce Arians

Offensive Coordinator; born October 3, 1952, Paterson, N.J. Quarterback Virginia Tech 1970-74. No pro playing experience. College coach: Virginia Tech 1975-77, Mississippi State 1978-1980, Alabama 1981-82, Temple 1983-88 (head coach), Mississippi State 1993-95, Alabama 1997. Pro coach: Kansas City Chiefs 1989-1992, New Orleans Saints 1996, Indianapolis Colts 1998-2000, Cleveland Browns 2001-03, joined Steelers in 2004

Jim Hostler

Offensive Coordinator; born November 11, 1966, Pittsburgh. Defensive back Indiana (Pa.) 1986-89. College coach: Indiana (Pa.) 1990-92, 1994-99, Juanita (Pa.) 1993. Pro coach: Kansas City Chiefs 2000, New Orleans Saints 2001-02, New York Jets 2003-04, joined 49ers in 2005.

I like Shula alot personally
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

I think the fact that Shula has ties to both Herm and Croyle seemd to IMHO make him the frontrunner
Old 01-11-2008, 08:57 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagewarrior View Post
::Edit:: I didn't intend to sound like a prick in that statement. Point-counterpoint, you dig?
Its cool I didn't take it like that at all.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

My top chocie is Mike Shula biggest reason being I feel he could help Croyle the most out of the guys named.
Old 01-11-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I like Shula as well
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote