Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-13-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm rooting for you guys to go all the way. It would be a great way for Favre to end a great career. Good luck next week against da GMEN.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Packer are favored by 7, 42.5 is the over/under.
Im pretty surprized the pack isnt favored by more.

Last edited by Football Fan : 01-13-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whooo go pack.. I'm so psyched

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Guys that didn't play that week2 but will play this week:

Greg Jennings
Ryan Grant
Brandon Jacobs

Guys that played week 2 but won't play next week:

Jeremy Shockey
Johnny Jolly
Colin Cole

I think that definitely is in our favor.
Ross didn't start and barely played at all week 2. Also, Osi was at about 70% that game. and Strahan was rusty not being at training camp. The Giants are a MUCH different team now.

that being said, Grant has revitilized your offense. Last time I mouthed off leasing up to this game, and ate it big time. I'm nervous and scared for this game, the exact opposite as I was for todays game. Should be a battle, but both teams have changed for the better since week 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only way I can realistically see the Giants winning this game would be if the Packers were to get caught up in themselves, which I don't see happening with McCarthy.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
The only way I can realistically see the Giants winning this game would be if the Packers were to get caught up in themselves, which I don't see happening with McCarthy.
Eh, we heard that this past game all week. Big sports radio show, mike and the mad dog saying we need to keep dallas under 30 points to have a shot, and thats very unlikely. No one gave a us a shot this week, so at this point we have to assume the same. Just keep working hard and come with a good gameplan and try to win.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good luck Green Bay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Eh, we heard that this past game all week. Big sports radio show, mike and the mad dog saying we need to keep dallas under 30 points to have a shot, and thats very unlikely. No one gave a us a shot this week, so at this point we have to assume the same. Just keep working hard and come with a good gameplan and try to win.
Dallas has been struggling for a while. Most of the media I heard actually had picked the Giants to win or at least play a really close one.

The Packers, unfortunately for the Giants, have NOT been struggling as of late but rather steamrolling teams.

And honestly.. Eli Manning in the freezing cold in Lambeau for the NFC Championship game against a vicious, unrelenting D? 'cuz you're not going to run on us when your best receiving threat is a 33 year old Amani Toomer. Plaxico is completely gimp, I can't believe they actually had him starting against Dallas.. and it's not an injury that's going to heal magically during the playoffs. Our two corners are going to beat the heck out of those two while Bigby runs around smacking people, our DLine clamps down and our unheralded yet terrific linebacking corp. keeps your TE and running backs plastered to the turf.

Combine that with an offense that is going to put points on you guys.. gunna be an ugly game.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
Dallas has been struggling for a while. Most of the media I heard actually had picked the Giants to win or at least play a really close one.

The Packers, unfortunately for the Giants, have NOT been struggling as of late but rather steamrolling teams.

And honestly.. Eli Manning in the freezing cold in Lambeau for the NFC Championship game against a vicious, unrelenting D? 'cuz you're not going to run on us when your best receiving threat is a 33 year old Amani Toomer. Plaxico is completely gimp, I can't believe they actually had him starting against Dallas.. and it's not an injury that's going to heal magically during the playoffs. Our two corners are going to beat the heck out of those two while Bigby runs around smacking people, our DLine clamps down and our unheralded yet terrific linebacking corp. keeps your TE and running backs plastered to the turf.

Combine that with an offense that is going to put points on you guys.. gunna be an ugly game.
Lets not dig ourselves too big of a hole in this one. Yes, we are favored in this game and I like our chances but anything can happen on any given Sunday.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post

We will see. That's why we play the game. If it went by paper we would have lost to the bucs, and their so amazing defense which was touted better than ours. No more Kiwi to high/low, so it will be interesting to see what happens, and I will takt Toomer any day. The is a warrior and actually one vet who isn't a prick like Tiki was/is. But at this point being an underdog is no big deal. So you're another person who thinks this will be an ugly game. Ah well means nothing at this point, because I'd rather not be favored. Something about being counted out is actually.... fun.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Guys that didn't play that week2 but will play this week:

Greg Jennings
Ryan Grant
Brandon Jacobs

Guys that played week 2 but won't play next week:

Jeremy Shockey
Johnny Jolly
Colin Cole

I think that definitely is in our favor.
Did Bradshaw play in week 2?
Old 01-14-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
I don't remember him playing. He was a still learning being a rookie and all. But I could be wrong. He started to get reps in the Bills game before we played the Pats. And had his break out game there.
Old 01-14-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant wait for this game any longer!!!!!!! ah crap its still about 6 1/2 days away. Im gonna go nuts.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 01:15 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants have the league's best pass rush, so it will be yet another challenge for the Packers line, which pwned Seattle. Brandon Jacobs is so different from other Rbs with his combination of size and speed. I am a huge Ryan Grant fan, but he was the 4th RB in the rotation coming out of TC for the Giants, which means they have three really good RBs. The Giants started building momentum in their loss to the Patriots and it is carrying on through the playoffs.

The Packers defense has been solid and physical. The WRs are very good as a group and get a lot of yards after the catch. The offensive line dominated a very good Seattle defense that

I believe the keys will be the weather, and the worse it is, the better for the Packers, and the QB play. Manning can have terrible games and Favre can have terrible games, and if one has a terrible game and the other doesn't, the other team wins. If they both play well, the Packers are at home and have shown through the season they are solid at home, and I believe the Packers have the edge.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:56 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
Derrick Ward

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Giants have the league's best pass rush, so it will be yet another challenge for the Packers line, which pwned Seattle. Brandon Jacobs is so different from other Rbs with his combination of size and speed. I am a huge Ryan Grant fan, but he was the 4th RB in the rotation coming out of TC for the Giants, which means they have three really good RBs. The Giants started building momentum in their loss to the Patriots and it is carrying on through the playoffs.

The Packers defense has been solid and physical. The WRs are very good as a group and get a lot of yards after the catch. The offensive line dominated a very good Seattle defense that

I believe the keys will be the weather, and the worse it is, the better for the Packers, and the QB play. Manning can have terrible games and Favre can have terrible games, and if one has a terrible game and the other doesn't, the other team wins. If they both play well, the Packers are at home and have shown through the season they are solid at home, and I believe the Packers have the edge.
You make a good point about Brandon Jacobs, he's a very physical runner and he wears out defensive lines. Mix in Ahmad Bradshaw and the Giants run game is very dynamic. With Colin Cole and John Jolly both being out it will be alot tougher for our d-line to shut down the run the whole game. That being said our run stopping has been great all year and we've stopped better RB's than Jacobs and Bradshaw but those two seem to have really taking there games to another level since the Buffalo game right before christmas. If we are able to keep both RB's under a combined 120 yards i'd say it will be a success.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Empire
Rookie

Empire hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Like others have said before, don't get too cocky about this game. The Giants are a dangerous team, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are able to beat us. Favre should have a good day against that secondary, but that pass rush scares me. If they can replicate what the Cowboys did, it could be a very very long day. This is a very hot Giants team with a ton of momentum.
Empire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:37 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
Like others have said before, don't get too cocky about this game. The Giants are a dangerous team, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if they are able to beat us. Favre should have a good day against that secondary, but that pass rush scares me. If they can replicate what the Cowboys did, it could be a very very long day. This is a very hot Giants team with a ton of momentum.
And the Packers arent just as hot? What about that great pass rush of Seattle that got absolutly destroyed by us??

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire View Post
The Giants are just loaded with RB's its not even funny...when you think that in the begining of the year they had Jacobs, Droughns, Ward, Bradshaw and Grant! Thats not even fair. They cant be blamed for letting Grant go when you understand the situation.

If the Giants want to win this game, two things need to happen.
-They have to establish the run game
-They need to have constant pressure

if those 2 things dont happen it could be a blowout.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
The Giants are just loaded with RB's its not even funny...when you think that in the begining of the year they had Jacobs, Droughns, Ward, Bradshaw and Grant! Thats not even fair. They cant be blamed for letting Grant go when you understand the situation.

If the Giants want to win this game, two things need to happen.
-They have to establish the run game
-They need to have constant pressure

if those 2 things dont happen it could be a blowout.
Exactly, those are the two things that will make this a close game if they play well.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:58 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take the home team in the below 0 weather 9/10 ... The Giants had a great season and it was a good story, but you can't beat what's been happening with the Pack. Go Pack 21-10
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:01 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

i like what wilbon said on PTI that we (the packers) reminded him of the 83 NC state team that knocked off the Phi Slamma Jamma of Houston (the Patriots) in the NCAA tournament
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
Nitschke-Hawk
Pro Bowler

Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.Nitschke-Hawk could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
i like what wilbon said on PTI that we (the packers) reminded him of the 83 NC state team that knocked off the Phi Slamma Jamma of Houston (the Patriots) in the NCAA tournament
Haha awesome.

Bosanac01
Nitschke-Hawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some very random thoughts on this weeks game.

-the phrase "be careful what you wish for" rang through my head a lot after the Giants pulled it off on sunday night. We want the game at Lambeau and we want to bypass the #1 seed. But, now the pressure is on. If we made it this far and lost to Dallas it's an honorable way to end a good season. If we make it this far and lose to the #5 seed at home, the perception will be that the Packers blew it. It may not be fair...this is the team that just beat Tampa and Dallas on the road...but the point is, the pressure is on. big time.

-and the Giants are what they are. a wild card team...a team with some very strong points like their pass rush, and some very weak points like their pass coverage, and some points that can go either way, like their QB play. it comes down to coaching here. If the Pack can exploit their weakness and work around their strong points, it should be a good day. It boils down to the Packers being a much more complete team than the Giants. The coaching staff has a built in advantage in preparing for the game.

-the weather does worry me. I keep thinking back to that Bears game and I'm wondering if every player on the roster is also thinking about the last time they had to play in extreme cold. The wind may have been more of an issue than anything that day, but still. I think extreme weather always favors the underdog because it's an equalizer. any game plan you had and everything that got ya this far is out the window if you can't throw the ball or plant your feet. it levels the playing field and when the Packers are favored, you don't want the playing field leveled.

-but more than anything this game comes down to the Packers just doing what got 'em here. such as:
---neutralize the pass rush. Clifton and Tauscher did amazing taking the Seahawks' edge rushers out of the game, and they've really been doing it all year. now they'll have another huge task with Osi, Tuck and Strahan. If they can treat them the same way they treated Patrick Kerney, the Giants strongest asset will have been eliminated.
---keep being physical on defense. We're playing a team that just finished a close loss against new england to end the regular season followed by 2 emotional road wins. This team has been to hell and back in the last month, and they've come out on top...but the Packers got to finish with a game that didn't matter, a bye week and a playoff game that was essentially over a little after halftime. the last thing the Giants need is another hard-hitting, physical game and the more our guys can wear 'em down the more it favors the Pack.
---smart QB play. the Giants secondary is a liability for 'em and it may be even worse due to injuries. Favre needs to realize that he will get his spots against 'em. there is no need to force anything. We have a good ensamble cast of WRs that match up well against a banged up secondary that's mediocre at best when healthy. There is no shame in punting if it's not there and there is no need to force it.
----I feel i should also say something about running the ball, but at this point it seems to obvious to even bring up.

final thoughts-I'm beyond excited for this game and i can't even explain how badly i want the Packers to be in the Superbowl. I don't know how many people remember 1996 but I was 16 and i made a point of soaking it all it. some of these players are guys that only us die hard Packer fans knew of 6 months ago. and if they win on Sunday, they'll all be the focal point of the sports world for 2 weeks.

i've refrained from making positive predictions all year long.....and it's been working for me (yeah, sometimes i can be a little superstitious) so i'm going to once again refrain from making a prediction.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
You make a good point about Brandon Jacobs, he's a very physical runner and he wears out defensive lines. Mix in Ahmad Bradshaw and the Giants run game is very dynamic. With Colin Cole and John Jolly both being out it will be alot tougher for our d-line to shut down the run the whole game. That being said our run stopping has been great all year and we've stopped better RB's than Jacobs and Bradshaw but those two seem to have really taking there games to another level since the Buffalo game right before christmas. If we are able to keep both RB's under a combined 120 yards i'd say it will be a success.
It's not about stopping RBs. It's about handling our O-line which is one of the best run blocking units in the league. It is no suprise that Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw have all had very good success when they played. If our line continues to get great push Jacbos doesn't get touched for 3 yards and then when he does he always falls foward and you have a 6 yard run.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote