Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-15-2008, 10:00 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It's not about stopping RBs. It's about handling our O-line which is one of the best run blocking units in the league. It is no suprise that Jacobs, Ward, and Bradshaw have all had very good success when they played. If our line continues to get great push Jacbos doesn't get touched for 3 yards and then when he does he always falls foward and you have a 6 yard run.
I agree, I should've mentioned them also. A RB is nothing without an O-line. In the games I have watched of the Giants they have been dominating at the point of attack and they get usually get a geat push. Diehl is one guy on the line who is underated and a great run blocker. But like I said hopefully our ability to rotate on the d-line pays off and we can stay fresh and stop the run all 4 quarters.

I think the Giants should be equally as worried for our run game as we are for theirs. Last week the Packers put on a on run-blocking clinic against Seattle. They were pushing round all the lineman at will, getting to the second level and giving Grant the cutback to get into open field. If they can play half as good as they did against Seattle Grant will have a good game.

Random thought:
I noticed a few times last week when the Giants were playing the Cowboys that on supposed passing downs the Giants DE's rush up field hard most of the time. The Packers have been great this year of exploiting certain parts of a d-line. I hope they can work a draw in or just run to the outside when they think the Giants DE's are going to be coming hard on the outside.

stephenson86

Last edited by JF4 : 01-15-2008 at 10:05 AM.
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:10 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
I agree, I should've mentioned them also. A RB is nothing without an O-line. In the games I have watched of the Giants they have been dominating at the point of attack and they get usually get a geat push. Diehl is one guy on the line who is underated and a great run blocker. But like I said hopefully our ability to rotate on the d-line pays off and we can stay fresh and stop the run all 4 quarters.

I think the Giants should be equally as worried for our run game as we are for theirs. Last week the Packers put on a on run-blocking clinic against Seattle. They were pushing round all the lineman at will, getting to the second level and giving Grant the cutback to get into open field. If they can play half as good as they did against Seattle Grant will have a good game.

Random thought:
I noticed a few times last week when the Giants were playing the Cowboys that on supposed passing downs the Giants DE's rush up field hard most of the time. The Packers have been great this year of exploiting certain parts of a d-line. I hope they can work a draw in or just run to the outside when they think the Giants DE's are going to be coming hard on the outside.

Only thing I take solice in, is the fact we know Grant very well. We scouted him, signed him, and he was with us for a while. So we know his strengths and weaknesses. So it will be interesting to see this game because these two teams are totally different than week 2 when we played last.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Only thing I take solice in, is the fact we know Grant very well. We scouted him, signed him, and he was with us for a while. So we know his strengths and weaknesses. So it will be interesting to see this game because these two teams are totally different than week 2 when we played last.
This is true. Grant was with us for three training camps. And one full season on the practice squad.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
This is true. Grant was with us for three training camps. And one full season on the practice squad.
The Grant you will see is not the same Grant he was during his time in N.Y.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 10:26 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By now, any team that plays the Packers know Grant like the back of their hand. You watch SO much film in the week leading up to the game you learn everyones tendencies.

Grant is the same player he was with NY. He is the ideal RB for a ZBS. He makes one cut and goes upfield.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
The Grant you will see is not the same Grant he was during his time in N.Y.
We saw it. We saw it this preseason. Coaches said they saw it earlier. It was just a numbers game. Coaches just liked Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Ward better.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We saw it. We saw it this preseason. Coaches said they saw it earlier. It was just a numbers game. Coaches just liked Bradshaw, Jacobs, and Ward better.
They obviously didn't see it. He is a better running back than all those guys(Jacobs and Grant are pretty close, it could go either way.)
Old 01-15-2008, 10:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
By now, any team that plays the Packers know Grant like the back of their hand. You watch SO much film in the week leading up to the game you learn everyones tendencies.

Grant is the same player he was with NY. He is the ideal RB for a ZBS. He makes one cut and goes upfield.
Yeah well that's true for football in general. But I am guessing he was our scout team player who the first D went up against when we would play teams with shifty backs. So in those terms I was talking about.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
They obviously didn't see it. He is a better running back than all those guys(Jacobs and Grant are pretty close, it could go either way.)
I wouldn't say he is better than any of those guys except maybe Ward only because of injuries with him. He probably fits your scheme better than any of them, but that doesn't mean he is neccesarily better.

I wish we had room for him. He was someone I wanted to keep but there just wasn't room and I was happy to get a 6th round pick for a guy who was getting cut anyway. He was really only competing with Bradshaw, and at the time Bradsahw offered more on special teams.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:26 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
We did see it but we are not going to keep Jacobs, Bradshaw, Droughns, Ward AND Grant.. So we traded Grant. Now with Reese as our new GM, I am sure we can find someone else. Runnings backs are a dime a dozen. I am glad he fits your system, but it was a numbers game and he got traded.
Old 01-15-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
JF4
Pro Bowler

JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JF4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some players are just suited for certain systems. Brandon Jacobs probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in Green Bay while Ryan Grant probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in NY. That's just the way the NFL works.

stephenson86
JF4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JF4 View Post
Some players are just suited for certain systems. Brandon Jacobs probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in Green Bay while Ryan Grant probably wouldn't succeed as a RB in NY. That's just the way the NFL works.

Yeah we can't run zone with Jacobs. We run power and center as our bread and butter plays. Running zone with Jacobs won't work, but works very well with Bradshaw. Bradshaw, Ward, and Grant all have similar styles, so we kept 2, of those, Ward, and Bradshaw, and have another power back in Droughns. We obviously liked Grant because we kept him so long, but it was a business move due to how many backs we had.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

most ZBS style running backs need to be able to do the cutback. thats why Grant has done so well, and the rest of ours have not. but do i have to say, Jacobs is a man child. that guy is huge.
roidrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i just wanted to stop by and wish you guys some luck! ive been rooting for you guys all year. theres nothing id love more than for favre to win super bowl mvp and ride off into the sunset.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
most ZBS style running backs need to be able to do the cutback. thats why Grant has done so well, and the rest of ours have not. but do i have to say, Jacobs is a man child. that guy is huge.
Yeah well we saw potential in him. He did avg well in terms of yards per carry when he got reps behind Caddy Williams and Ronnie Brown at Auburn. Then he transfered, and got lost in main stream college football. But at 6-4 265, he is a very big load. That's why we don't run zone with him.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.roidrunner wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

he went to SIU. the funny thing is he is so fast for his size. only if he could stay healthy. i believe that he is the real reason why we have to fear the Gmen. because when we played you guys, he was hurt. and now your defense is clicking. i am starting to believe that this team will not be the cake walk we all thought it was going to be. we have a real reason to be scared.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
RockJock07
Rookie

RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.RockJock07 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I don't really think that means anything, because now a days, everyone scouts everyone and for a RB it more depends on his O-line.

I also don't want this team to get cocky, They still have one more game to go but as many have already stated, this team rarely gets full of themselves with McCarthy at the helm. McCarthy devised an amazing gameplan for the SEA game I expect him to come through again.

Yes Eli has been great, but this will be something he hasn't seen before, cold, it will be dark, truely an enviroment that will be more hostle then this past week at Dallas.

I don't know what to expect, i didn't think GB would own the Seahawks like they did, i expect a win, but it's not gonna be a cake walk.

BTW, Replay of GB Vs Den superbowl on NFL network on right now

Sidesider for life, Go White Sox
RockJock07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 01:38 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

what burb are you from? im in the northern burbs
Old 01-15-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
I don't really think that means anything, because now a days, everyone scouts everyone and for a RB it more depends on his O-line.

I also don't want this team to get cocky, They still have one more game to go but as many have already stated, this team rarely gets full of themselves with McCarthy at the helm. McCarthy devised an amazing gameplan for the SEA game I expect him to come through again.

Yes Eli has been great, but this will be something he hasn't seen before, cold, it will be dark, truely an enviroment that will be more hostle then this past week at Dallas.

I don't know what to expect, i didn't think GB would own the Seahawks like they did, i expect a win, but it's not gonna be a cake walk.

BTW, Replay of GB Vs Den superbowl on NFL network on right now
Yeah don't have NFL network anymore. I think in a way it does matter, and I am speaking from experience, as a coach. You see someone running the scout team for a long time you get adjusted to their style of running. Yeah the system changes, as it did for Grant, but i am just saying we know Grant, which is good because if he wasn't a good player we would not have kept him so long. I know i created a cool pic of Grant on an xbox cover a while back when we signed him first time. I like him alot.

Eli's seen it all from going back to SD in a hostile crowd, to Eagles to skins, to Dallas, so at this point it's not a mystery. We just got to go and play hard and try our best. It's like we are U of Hawaii going into GB. But I do like the story line of two successful franchises playing. Something about that comforts me win or lose. I would rather see a franchise like one of ours go to the superbowl than a newbie team who hasn't won a superbowl. But that's just my opinion.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by roidrunner View Post
he went to SIU. the funny thing is he is so fast for his size. only if he could stay healthy. i believe that he is the real reason why we have to fear the Gmen. because when we played you guys, he was hurt. and now your defense is clicking. i am starting to believe that this team will not be the cake walk we all thought it was going to be. we have a real reason to be scared.
Yeah, he went to SIU and did well there. Yeah when you guys played us we were already hurting. We had alot of injuries from the cowboys game opening night. I have to give you guys the edge though, but who knows what will happpen on the field. If we went by paper we would have been knocked out by TB.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

yea but thats why it is on paper. you guys are a really hot team right now. and that makes you dangerous.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:54 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, he went to SIU and did well there. Yeah when you guys played us we were already hurting. We had alot of injuries from the cowboys game opening night. I have to give you guys the edge though, but who knows what will happpen on the field. If we went by paper we would have been knocked out by TB.
I just don't see the Packers getting upset. Not while Favre is playing lights out like he has been since the Cowboy game(disregard the Bears game in 875785874548 mph winds.)
Old 01-15-2008, 03:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And Mike Holmgren knows Brett Favre better than anyone...
Old 01-15-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
roidrunner
Pro Bowler

he does have a good point there, Holmgren does know Favre about as well as anyone in the league.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not very worried about players getting overconfident. McCarthy has done a great job keeping them in check this season.

Sig thanks to mockalicious
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote