Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-18-2008, 09:03 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Anyone see the Packers accusing "" dirty play" on the giants that ESPN? This is pissing me off, it makes the Packers look like pussies.
Doesn't bother me at all. I'd like them to get it out there to the refs that these guys play dirty and so they get the personal fouls rather than the Packers.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Doesn't bother me at all. I'd like them to get it out there to the refs that these guys play dirty and so they get the personal fouls rather than the Packers.
all it did was fire up the Giants. I've thought and thought about what possible good this could bring the Packers and the best I've gotten is, possibly the refs will focus on the Giants OL more? but i highly doubt it. we fuel off motivation
Bucs- We needed to win at least a playoff game
Cowboys- We hate them, they hate us, winning this game felt like a Super Bowl in it's own right
Pack- Calling us out as dirty players? I just don't get it. Yea, NJ is dirty, but we have diners!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:24 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
. Yea, NJ is dirty, but we have diners!!!
Uh, what...?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 09:26 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
all it did was fire up the Giants. I've thought and thought about what possible good this could bring the Packers and the best I've gotten is, possibly the refs will focus on the Giants OL more? but i highly doubt it. we fuel off motivation
Bucs- We needed to win at least a playoff game
Cowboys- We hate them, they hate us, winning this game felt like a Super Bowl in it's own right
Pack- Calling us out as dirty players? I just don't get it. Yea, NJ is dirty, but we have diners!!!
If the Giants need something to fire up the player for a conference championship game that's something to be seriously concerned about.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
If the Giants need something to fire up the player for a conference championship game that's something to be seriously concerned about.
not just fire up, but add more fuel to the fire. Bulletin board material, which is something Kampman and Popinga just handed to us. Of course they're fired up, but you never wanna give the other team bulletin board stuff calling them dirty. That's just dumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:12 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
not just fire up, but add more fuel to the fire. Bulletin board material, which is something Kampman and Popinga just handed to us. Of course they're fired up, but you never wanna give the other team bulletin board stuff calling them dirty. That's just dumb
Wow. I see your bulletin board material, and I raise you Shaun O'Hara...

Quote:
“I’m not really sure off the top of my head what the reference is, but if there’s no flag, there is no foul,” O’Hara said.

When told Kampman said he received a blow to the head, O’Hara said: “He must have tripped.”
Like, OMG! bulletin board material.

If you need something like this to reassure you the Giants have a shot, that's bad.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Last edited by Boston : 01-19-2008 at 01:16 AM.
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Im not sure if this is just wrong as a packer fan but, I kinda would prefer to see these 2 teams match up minus the weather element. I think green bays game is pretty strong and im kinda worried about the weather throwing a wrench into there system.
I mean zero degrees with some wind is just miserable and will certainly dictate the game plan quite a bit. I still think the pack will win, but the way they will have to do it might not allow there strengths to excell.
This is pound the football weather and its not that green bay cant run the ball well, but there passing game is among the elite teams this year.

Last edited by Football Fan : 01-19-2008 at 03:05 AM.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan View Post
Im not sure if this is just wrong as a packer fan but, I kinda would prefer to see these 2 teams match up minus the weather element. I think green bays game is pretty strong and im kinda worried about the weather throwing a wrench into there system.
I mean zero degrees with some wind is just miserable and will certainly dictate the game plan quite a bit. I still think the pack will win, but the way they will have to do it might not allow there strengths to excell.
This is pound the football weather and its not that green bay cant run the ball well, but there passing game is among the elite teams this year.
It certainly puts the teams on a more equal playing field. I see where you are coming from. Everyone says this helps Green Bay because they are used to the cold. But they aren't really used to cold like this. Neither team is. And if it forces both teams to run the ball more, that definitely helps the Giants.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
It certainly puts the teams on a more equal playing field. I see where you are coming from. Everyone says this helps Green Bay because they are used to the cold. But they aren't really used to cold like this. Neither team is. And if it forces both teams to run the ball more, that definitely helps the Giants.
You're forgetting that Brett Favre has dominated the cold weather games he's played in, especially at Lambeau. He's 43-5 at home when it's below 34 degrees. 43-5. .... I'm going to go ahead and say the cold favors a team who's QB is 43-5 in it.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Football Fan
Veteran

Football Fan smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
You're forgetting that Brett Favre has dominated the cold weather games he's played in, especially at Lambeau. He's 43-5 at home when it's below 34 degrees. 43-5. .... I'm going to go ahead and say the cold favors a team who's QB is 43-5 in it.
I realise that the veterans should handle it well, its just that the roster has like 43 guys or so that have only been around a couple years. I do fully understand Favres record though and that is nothing to sneeze at.
Football Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan486 View Post
There is a difference between 34 degrees and 0 degrees. No one can handle that weather well (or maybe someone will). =D

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlepower View Post
There is a difference between 34 degrees and 0 degrees. No one can handle that weather well (or maybe someone will). =D
Exactly. 34 degrees is certainly managable. Can you tell me Brett Favre's record when it is below 5 degrees?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Exactly. 34 degrees is certainly managable. Can you tell me Brett Favre's record when it is below 5 degrees?
Can you tell me Eli's record when it's below 34 degrees? Or if he's ever played in a game below 5 degrees?

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:26 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If it's not windy the temperature is really not that big of a factor......I stepped outside today in Green Bay and it was -13, but the wind wasn't blowing so it didn't feel unbearably cold out. The fact that Favre has played in this weather quite a bit more gives him an advantage over Eli

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

In addition to the Pack being clearly the better team, I think this is a decent matchup for us.

The Pack can spread out the Giants and exploit their thin defensive backfield. However, I would keep Grant or Jackson in our backfield as a safety net, otherwise their rush might be a factor to some extent. It was in the last game in spite of the dominating final scoreline, although Favre has gotten more acclimated to releasing the ball quickly with the new spread offense. Plus, their front four is more adept at stopping the pass than the run, so Grant should have some big runs in the spread.

Defensively is always the biggest X-Factor with the Packers, because it affects which version of Brett Favre we see. Favre panics and thinks he has to score on every play when they set the tone by struggling early. I still think that's the case in spite of his response to our slow start last week--because that was more induced by the offense. Thankfully, the G-Men aren't exactly an offensive juggernaut (they're alright). Our defensive front four hypothetically couldn't rattle our own quarterback and aren't quite on the level of the Giants pass rushing wise, but our matchup is against Eli and their offensive front, not the Giants D. Eli is not as mobile as Favre and he should get rattled. I wish we still had Johnny, because he'd get some push into Manning's face. We're still solid there and throughout the D.

If Blackmon can return, it would be a shot in the arms to our special teams and defensive backfield.

1 more til the Super Bowl!
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:36 PM    (permalink
BerninWI
Rookie

BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.BerninWI is a cocksman.

Duplicate message
BerninWI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I believe the Packers have the edge in at least 10 of 12 or so positions on the teams. It very well might come down to Favre versus Manning, and I'll take Favre any day, any year over Eli.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I'm stoked! Let's go Pack!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night was my Christmas Eve.. Couldn't sleep because I've been so excited (somewhat nervvous) for the next day. GAME DAY is my Christmas now, so here it is. Let's go Green Bay
Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That was Jared Allen. I could care less what they want to wear. The technology they have on the sidelines will keep them plaenty warm. Just no electric pants.

Naaa actually Strahan was on TV saying it as well
Old 01-20-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Our Favre,

Who art in Lambeau,

Hallowed be thine arm.

Thy bowl will come,

It will be won.

In Phoenix as it is in Lambeau.

And give us this Sunday,

Our weekly win.

And give us many touchdown passes.

But do not let others pass against us.

Lead us not into frustration,

But deliver us to the valley of the sun.

For thine is the MVP, the best of the NFC,

and the glory of the Cheeseheads,

now and forever.

Go get'em. Amen."

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 01-20-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
Naaa actually Strahan was on TV saying it as well
Strahan said something similar on TV today, but that quote you posted was said by Jared Allen though. ;)
Old 01-20-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, i've been outside today. it's not as bad as yesterday...still cold. but the wind shouldn't be an issue, it's pretty calm out.

and fyi, i'm about 2 miles from Lambeau Field.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Yeah, negatives really aren't too bad without the wind.But you gotta remember guys on the packers squad like Tramon Williams who are used to Louisiana weather.

they get smoked.

Old 01-20-2008, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Strahan said something similar on TV today, but that quote you posted was said by Jared Allen though. ;)
Strahan said it a few days ago and I wasn't quoting in what I said. But I must have mixed them up either way. Atleast I knew what I was talking about right? jk