Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 01-22-2008, 02:15 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think ya have to look deeper than the stats on this one. the whole offense was flat. ryan grant couldn't do anything, but he didn't have much to work with. favre played like crap in the 2nd half, but the WRs weren't doing him any favors. yeah, we're supposed to have playmakers...but for the last 30 minutes of sunday's game, NONE of 'em showed up.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Favre4ever
Rookie

Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.Favre4ever could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
i think ya have to look deeper than the stats on this one. the whole offense was flat. ryan grant couldn't do anything, but he didn't have much to work with. favre played like crap in the 2nd half, but the WRs weren't doing him any favors. yeah, we're supposed to have playmakers...but for the last 30 minutes of sunday's game, NONE of 'em showed up.
They werent put in positions to make a play. In a 2nd half i didnt see the short passing Green Bay team, i kept seeing the good old Brett Favre trying to do too much. Where was the dink and dunk we talked about so much? Nowhere. Not even an attempt.
Favre4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:28 PM    (permalink
EvilMonkey
Veteran

EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilMonkey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4ever View Post
They werent put in positions to make a play. In a 2nd half i didnt see the short passing Green Bay team, i kept seeing the good old Brett Favre trying to do too much. Where was the dink and dunk we talked about so much? Nowhere. Not even an attempt.
well, we did try a bunch of little screens that didnt work at all....
Old 01-22-2008, 07:22 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The HC did not have a good game. There was no commitment to the run game. The screens were not well drawn up, like the terrible one in which Grant runs ten yards behind the line of scrimmage to get the ball before moving forward. The one good screen to Grant was blown up my the Giants' MLB and poor screen blocking. That guy saved 25 yards minimum on that play. Terrible all the way around against a Giants club that was solid with their defense and methodical with their offense. I felt like I was watching Giants-Buffalo SuperBowl to some degree, though Buffalo played better than the Packers did that game.
Old 01-22-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but you're being too hard on Favre.

Yes he has a tendancy to make terrible decisions at the wrong moment. Yes he has been less than inspiring in the playoffs for the last few years.

Yes he probably has too much controll over the coaching staff, and that leads him sometimes to make decisions or do things on his own accord that he probably shouldn't.

That said, you probably aren't even in the playoffs this year without Favre. Grant is a better runningback because of Favre. Jennings is a better WR because of Favre. Hell, Jones and Lee probably don't even exist without Favre. The offensive line is better because Favre knows how to get rid of the ball. Your offense is Favre.

As long as you are a Superbowl contendor (and there's no reason to think that you won't have a shot next year) you should get on your lil' hands and knees and hope that he wants to come back next year and give it another try.
QFT.

Imagine what the Bears and Packers would be like if they switched QBs... ((shudder))
Old 01-27-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
The HC did not have a good game. There was no commitment to the run game. The screens were not well drawn up, like the terrible one in which Grant runs ten yards behind the line of scrimmage to get the ball before moving forward. The one good screen to Grant was blown up my the Giants' MLB and poor screen blocking. That guy saved 25 yards minimum on that play. Terrible all the way around against a Giants club that was solid with their defense and methodical with their offense. I felt like I was watching Giants-Buffalo SuperBowl to some degree, though Buffalo played better than the Packers did that game.
Funny you say that. Coughlin was the WRs coach on that staff that year. That's pretty mcuh giants football, dominate TOP. In fact that's how we will probably approach this game as well. But Bill B, was our DC that year also, so thats going to be interesting. But yeah thats what I actually thought when i saw the TOP from this past game.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote