Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-16-2008, 04:22 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Moss Possibly In Trouble

didnt see this posted

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3199471

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:43 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Untouchables are perfect no longer. F-- Olga Igorshky or whoever the fludder cares what he says. I really would be worried if I'm NE of the blitzing packages and athleticism and speed and continuity and stamina and whatever else of this defense.

The Pats as an organization will look passed this, but can Moss?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss is too good to be shut down by some off-the-field BS. As he tells it, he was essentially being blackmailed with the threat of a press leak, and he didn't cave. My guess is that even if he paid this supposed hush money, it would have gotten out. Moss has done some silly stuff, but I just don't see assaulting a woman as one of them.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:47 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I believe him, I don't think he'd hit a woman. He's so laid back and if he were upset he'd just leave.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or at least offer her some smoothies
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
I believe him, I don't think he'd hit a woman. He's so laid back and if he were upset he'd just leave.
you dont know his history

running into a traffic cop

before that he was involved in a huge fight in wv that left at least 1 kid hospitalized

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Moss admitted that something happened, and that she was injured, but I'm not certain of the circumstances. There has been no arrest warrent or anything like that, so let's wait and see.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:10 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Moss admitted that something happened, and that she was injured, but I'm not certain of the circumstances. There has been no arrest warrent or anything like that, so let's wait and see.
She probably hit her o-face on the headboard or something and realized the opportunity. In cases such as this, my first instinct is always extortion of some kind. Tough to picture him actually beating her up or anything. Anything is possible and of course none of us know what happened, but I think Moss is more likely to be the victim here than she is.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

he said that he "doesn't hit women", and later in the article it said he got into a fight in 1996 with his baby mama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:42 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
he said that he "doesn't hit women", and later in the article it said he got into a fight in 1996 with his baby mama.
Fighting with your spouse doesn't necessarily mean that fists were flying.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Bengals1690
Veteran

Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Bengals1690 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Fighting with your spouse doesn't necessarily mean that fists were flying.
you think they would specify though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythbusta View Post
i love my pedestal. thats why im the mythbusta.
who dey?
Bengals1690 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:48 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals1690 View Post
you think they would specify though.
Not sure what you mean by that. In the article, the point of that little tidbit is to paint Moss in as negative a light as possible. Whoever wrote that has no idea what happened in '96, and neither do we. All I'm saying is that when couples are "fighting," it's often more verbal than it is physical. Being involved in a domestic dispute in '96 doesn't necessarily mean that Moss's statement that he's never laid hands on a woman is untrue.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

He is not possibly in trouble. He lives in trouble.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its extortion. I know its not fair to speculate, but he seemed very believable in my eyes. Didn't seem like the typical BS that you hear from some other athletes. He sounded believable, but heck, who knows.

Regardless, it won't bother him on game day. In fact, he might even use it as motivation to light it up even more. I have a great amount of respect for him as a player, Ive never seen a WR effect the defense's gameplan the way Moss has. Not even the GOAT, Jerry Rice.

Moss influences the coverages and schemes of the opponent's defense like ive never seen. One of the few times the word "game changer" can be used accurately.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:14 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The majority of the time Game Changer can be used is when a player is a huge liability. Mostly very bad QBs.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

what was he doing in fla the week of a playoff game?

and the fight he got in in wv was a real big story; cost him some schollies

how come you people arent giving my boy pac-man the benefit of the doubt?

cred 2 BoneKrusher
Old 01-16-2008, 07:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
what was he doing in fla the week of a playoff game?

and the fight he got in in wv was a real big story; cost him some schollies

how come you people arent giving my boy pac-man the benefit of the doubt?
are you seriously asking yourself that question?? Pacman and benefit of the doubt dont correlate together at all...

The fact that the woman was asking for money to keep quiet, and he didnt give it to her, leads me to believe he had nothing to hide and refused to act like it...had he given her the money and it came out, that be another story, but as it stands I dont think he did it...Also the timing of the story seems like she is being vindictive more then anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 09:29 PM    (permalink
jbeans187
Veteran

jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.jbeans187 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
you dont know his history

running into a traffic cop

before that he was involved in a huge fight in wv that left at least 1 kid hospitalized
With the traffic cop, he did want we all dream about doing, he tried to run her over. I like Pac-Man but he made it rain at strip club and got mad the girls where taking the money ;)

Leroy Smith - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGD6XnAsNs
jbeans187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

It sounds like someone is trying to make money off of him. He knew about this as far back as Friday, which is when he brought it to Bill Belichick's attention. From everything I've heard, "an accident happened" and I have heard he wasn't even there when it happened.

And the oddest of all the circumstances, no criminal charges have or will be filed, but a civil suit has been filed, which goes right along with him saying "an accident happened."

So yeah. I buy his extortion argument. He seems pretty pissed because he's tried so hard all year to prove he was a changed man, and it's just unfortunate that people like this are out there.

And for the record, the second I heard about the latest Pacman incident, this was my exact response, and I quote:

Quote:
Money grab. I can't believe I am taking sides with Pacman Jones.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Or at least offer her some smoothies
LOL. I remember that.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is BS they go not proof just some girl tryn to get attention

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:59 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
It sounds like someone is trying to make money off of him. He knew about this as far back as Friday, which is when he brought it to Bill Belichick's attention. From everything I've heard, "an accident happened" and I have heard he wasn't even there when it happened.

And the oddest of all the circumstances, no criminal charges have or will be filed, but a civil suit has been filed, which goes right along with him saying "an accident happened."

So yeah. I buy his extortion argument. He seems pretty pissed because he's tried so hard all year to prove he was a changed man, and it's just unfortunate that people like this are out there.

And for the record, the second I heard about the latest Pacman incident, this was my exact response, and I quote:
People just gotta realize that bitches ain't **** but hoes and tricks, ya dig?.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Yeah, this ***** is sooooo going down, hahahaha:

Quote:
"My communications with Mr. McGill began last Wednesday. He told me that Randy had intentionally hurt his client's hand and wouldn't take her to the hospital and that if Randy didn't pay up, he would go public and file suit in Florida for battery. He gave me until 3 pm Friday to let him know. He demanded that I not come up with 'something like $50,000 or $75,000,' but something with 'six figures.' He had told me that the x-rays on her hand or finger were negative. I explained that it was my understanding that what occurred was the result of a horseplay-type accident and Randy was sorry it had occurred and he would pay for her medical bills and pain and suffering and that I would prefer to turn this over to his homeowners’ insurance coverage as we normally do with accidents. He said he was not interested in insurance or what her injuries were. He said he was evaluating the claim based on what Randy stood to lose. He threatened that Randy would suffer large amounts of money in future salaries and endorsements and what he claimed would be game suspensions.

"He also threatened that his client had lots of 'dirt' on him. Making such threats is clearly unethical, and in my opinion, criminal. When I tried to ascertain the extent of her injuries, he said that he didn’t know and that it didn’t matter as I just needed to make an offer big enough that she would take it. I sought the assistance of a skilled attorney and friend, Joe Friedberg of Minneapolis, who contacted a friend of his, Richard Sharpstein in Miami, to assist me. Each of them tried to talk to McGill and they both experienced the same attempts to shake down Randy. In fact, he tried to intimidate me by telling me that I would be blamed if the suit got filed. He said in a threatening tone that 'it behooved me' to make a big offer and he told me, 'don't blow it.' On Friday afternoon, I contacted the FBI and the US Attorneys' Offices here in Charleston about his threats. McGill claimed to be driving to the courthouse to file the complaint. I asked if by six figures, he meant $100,000 and he told me to quit 'nickel and diming' him. The filing time passed on Friday and he was upset that he had not filed before the Patriot game on Saturday. He kept pushing me to make a big offer. We asked him for a figure and after refusing for awhile, he gave us one, '$500,000, take it or leave it.'

"People who know me in West Virginia know that I have had a long relationship with Randy and that I care a great deal about him. His success this year on and off the field has been something those of us who are close to him have enjoyed immensely. The private, glowing reports I have received from folks in the Patriots organization about his daily work ethic and rapport with everyone there made us ecstatic for him, given the difficulties he's had. The Patriot family has come to know him as we do. With this big game coming up and with the media frenzy that I figured would follow, as it has, I admit that I thought about advising Randy to just pay the $500,000. I knew that Randy, given all the positives this year, would not want this situation to hurt the Patriots, especially now, and to be a distraction for his teammates and would pay much more than he should for the sake of the team. Because I'm too close to the situation, I had to listen to the advice of Mr. Friedberg and Mr. Sharpstein who advised me, correctly, that to pay such an outrageous amount was not the right thing to do. We tried to meet with Mr. McGill on Monday, but he refused to do so. I still didn't want Randy to face all this craziness, and naturally we wanted to settle this thing and were willing to pay an exorbitant amount to do so, so when he asked for an offer on Monday, we said, something to the effect, 'you said six figures, how about $100,000?' He said it had to be $500,000 or nothing. We told him to forget it. He had his client file the domestic petition the next day.

"I don't want to add to the media frenzy, but I must respond to Mr. McGill’s recent inaccurate statement. I want the U. S. Attorneys Offices in Miami and Charleston, the Prosecuting Attorney of Dade County and the Florida State Bar, whoever has jurisdiction over Mr. McGill’s conduct, to know that I am ready to meet with any and all of them and to testify regarding the blatant threats and attempts to extort money from my client."
http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...y_moss/?page=2
Old 01-17-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, nice article. Her hand got hurt.. negative x-rays.. from horseplay. Wow..

Last edited by Sportsfan486 : 01-17-2008 at 10:11 PM.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Looks like my instincts were on point with both this and the Pacman thing. There really needs to be serious penalties for people like this who risk people's reputations in an effort at extorting them. Fine her and the attorney $500,000 and donate it to Randy's alma mater or a charity of his choosing or something.