Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-17-2008, 05:28 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah like James bond over here,

Anyone trying to play I plan on being on Live for a while, i am going to switch up between halo and COD so let me know
Old 01-17-2008, 07:54 PM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anybody wants to play, I'll be on Halo in a minute...just drop me a friend request...my gamertag is on the front page

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:26 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

I have it, and not a bad player myself. To bad school just started, as I really don't get on it that much now.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel man View Post
i warn you i am not any good so i hope this is just for fun and with the guys are here. i do not have an account yet, but i will set one up when i get home. i use to rule at halo, then i had kids and started spending time with them and then at night after they went to bed i started playing halo 2 on "xbc" and i never got back to what i was but i played halo 3 for the 1st time last night and the controller layout that i used on the 1st 2 is not on 3 so i am learning a new controller layout so if this is not just for fun then i understand just let me know.

thanks guys!!!
what is your xbox live name?
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDown View Post
I have it, and not a bad player myself. To bad school just started, as I really don't get on it that much now.
Are you interested in playing? Are you able to commit to this? If so, do you want to post your xbox live name.
Old 01-17-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Sorry, I was gone all day, and im taking a quick look right now. I think we are going to go with 7 teams of 3 players.

Our newest members are

Dr. Gonzo/ BrentBaines
steel man/ ?????
AlexDown/ ????

As for captains. I have 6 captains right now. Potentially 22 players. I am not 100% sold on steel man or AlexDown, but if they can go, we would probably look for two more players to make it an even 8 teams. or 6 of 4 players.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
yeah like James bond over here,

Anyone trying to play I plan on being on Live for a while, i am going to switch up between halo and COD so let me know
Oh, I'm not picking you! J/k man.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Primetime21
Veteran

Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Primetime21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I might get on in like 30 mins. Are any of you guys playing right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz
Primetime21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:02 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Sorry, I was gone all day, and im taking a quick look right now. I think we are going to go with 7 teams of 3 players.

Our newest members are

Dr. Gonzo/ BrentBaines
steel man/ ?????
AlexDown/ ????

As for captains. I have 6 captains right now. Potentially 22 players. I am not 100% sold on steel man or AlexDown, but if they can go, we would probably look for two more players to make it an even 8 teams. or 6 of 4 players.
I can't commit, but maybe I'll find some of you for some social games when I get some free time.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would love to play in this but its gonna be real tough for me schedule wise. im a full time student and i work full time plus football will be starting next week. anyway my gamertag(don't laugh at it i share it with my brother who made the name) is dncboyzz11. if anyone wants to add me to play go ahead but it won't always be me thats on.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:31 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would love to play and commit to .....what are you looking at every friday, every night, once a week with different days each week, 3 times a week......what are you thinking so i can tell you if i can commit, i have 3 girls(no boys yet to watch my Steelers games with) i am an engineer so i have deadlines and may have to work late and i am a deacon at my church, so pretty busy schedule......so what was you guys thinking on time

on the team aspect i like the 4 man team ideal the best

also are we going to have one team vs one team tournament style or everyone at the same time and give points for places, for example if there is 6 teams we all go at it in team slayer and whoever gets the most kills gets 6 pts and the 2nd most gets 5pts, 3rd most gets 4 pts ect......

Matthew 19:26
Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
steel man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
i would love to play and commit to .....what are you looking at every friday, every night, once a week with different days each week, 3 times a week......what are you thinking so i can tell you if i can commit, i have 3 girls(no boys yet to watch my Steelers games with) i am an engineer so i have deadlines and may have to work late and i am a deacon at my church, so pretty busy schedule......so what was you guys thinking on time

on the team aspect i like the 4 man team ideal the best

also are we going to have one team vs one team tournament style or everyone at the same time and give points for places, for example if there is 6 teams we all go at it in team slayer and whoever gets the most kills gets 6 pts and the 2nd most gets 5pts, 3rd most gets 4 pts ect......
The way I see it, or well hope, is tht we can play 2 games a week. if necessary, we could go to 1 per week. i knoe everyone has schedules and cant always make it, so it would pretty much be according to the teams to decide.

We would have games between two teams. And one team would get a W and the other an L.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:47 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steel man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that sounds good to me......like i said before i hope it is just for fun because i STINK !!!

Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but With God ALL things are possible
Old 01-17-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

count me in...the only thing is that i ordered the collectors edition online and it came in bent up and the disk scratchedi have to send it back and they have to ship mine back so i dont know how long that will take, i will try to ship it out tomorrow that way i may have it back by the time this gets set up.

Old 01-18-2008, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ok so billingsley26, i know this is a nfldcd only league but if were short on people i have a few friends that could and would like to join, idk if thats cool or not, idk maybe at the very least they could substitute for players that are unable to make a match or something due to schedules. just a thought, i know about four or five of my friends that play amd have the time to play, i know people were dropping out. dont know if this helps or not, but i thought id let you know in case you needed more people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:37 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 teams of 4 sounds golden ;-) much better then 7 or 8 of 3!!! ;-p

Steel man, it's a fun tourney, but it gets competitive...You just have to make sure you get on a more "flexible" captains team. Say you blow the game for Draft King, that would be verrrrry bad....If you were to blow the game for jbond, it would probably be fine...Don't worry though, we're trying to set teams up with equal skill players in this draft. You might want to try to make the combine which is just playing with other NFLDC to showcase your ability...If you've been playing since original Halo, I'm going to guess your not as bad as your advertising. ;-P

edit: In old posts about JBond it seems like I took away from his ability by not giving him credit where credit was due [example; one of the MVP's and thinking DOC got the last kill on me in Epitah]...The following statement used about JBond in the above is not an indication on lack of skill but more of a nice guy attitude that will be understanding if a player goes -8 on his team in a loss.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!

Last edited by j05son : 01-18-2008 at 06:41 AM.
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 11:07 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

thanks dude..........dont get me wrong i want to win but i just know some people are worried about stats and want the bragging rights over other teams/players so i just wanted to make sure everyone was cool with just having fun. you said if you blow the game for Draft King then it will be bad, what is he going to do but get over it....it is a game made to have fun....enjoy the freedom that we are blessed with to be able to play.......if he or anybody else gets mad then that tells me that this is their whole life, that they have no other life......i was an all state RB/LB and got a scholarship to play college ball, that is giving up blood, sweet, tears, and time so when someone screws up then i get upset but on a video game that crazy, so be sure and put me on a team with someone that is more relaxed please that way i will stick with it and enjoy it....thanks

Old 01-18-2008, 11:12 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

on the aspect of me being better then i say......trust me i am NOT good !!! .....but i have fun trying...lol.....i was the b est at halo but i took a lot of time off in between 1 and 2 and it has been a while since i played halo 2, plus halo 3 does NOT have the same controller layout that i am use to so i am learning a new layout. where it has been so long and learning a new layout it has been like starting over, so i am not good at all.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:14 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

has anyone on here have learned where the good hiding places are?

Old 01-18-2008, 11:15 AM    (permalink
steel man
DC GFX Team
Veteran

what are the rules.....i hope no shields, no radar

Old 01-18-2008, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j05son View Post
6 teams of 4 sounds golden ;-) much better then 7 or 8 of 3!!! ;-p

Steel man, it's a fun tourney, but it gets competitive...You just have to make sure you get on a more "flexible" captains team. Say you blow the game for Draft King, that would be verrrrry bad....If you were to blow the game for jbond, it would probably be fine...Don't worry though, we're trying to set teams up with equal skill players in this draft. You might want to try to make the combine which is just playing with other NFLDC to showcase your ability...If you've been playing since original Halo, I'm going to guess your not as bad as your advertising. ;-P

edit: In old posts about JBond it seems like I took away from his ability by not giving him credit where credit was due [example; one of the MVP's and thinking DOC got the last kill on me in Epitah]...The following statement used about JBond in the above is not an indication on lack of skill but more of a nice guy attitude that will be understanding if a player goes -8 on his team in a loss.
Ouch, j05son keeps jacking me up! Lol, thanks for the edit at least :P Nah.

Will we be having a set time for the combine (or multiple set times?) I def. want to play, but I play some other things too, so just invite me if you are on and playing. As long as I'm not in the middle of a Madden game, I'll join.

Finally, with the various games we are playing (CTF, Assault, etc,) players who are "bad" may not be so bad. Someone can play defense on CTF or Assault and be excellent though not great players. And the way I figured it, every team is getting one or two guys that may be subpar. So, everyone will be on an even playing field.

Finally, this is all in fun, and it will be some extreme fun, I'll tell you that. Hopefully we can have trade and all that too :)

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:18 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
what are the rules.....i hope no shields, no radar
Rules are normal. Normal maps, radar, and same as always.

Also, maybe don't triple post, lol (though I just double posted, thus I'm being a hypocrite).

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:24 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Rules are normal. Normal maps, radar, and same as always.

Also, maybe don't triple post, lol (though I just double posted, thus I'm being a hypocrite).
It was actually a quadruple post.

Anyway, when will the deadline for signups be?

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

We hve exctly 21 people right now, so we could ahead and have a 'combine' tonitne if everyone is able to. Do we still want to have a combine? If not, we could start this draft as soon as tonite as well, or we could hold off until tomorrow if it works better for everyone. (I know tonite, I might be going to the Sabres game, but its not 100% sure yet).
Old 01-18-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thanks dude..........dont get me wrong i want to win but i just know some people are worried about stats and want the bragging rights over other teams/players so i just wanted to make sure everyone was cool with just having fun. you said if you blow the game for Draft King then it will be bad, what is he going to do but get over it....it is a game made to have fun....enjoy the freedom that we are blessed with to be able to play.......if he or anybody else gets mad then that tells me that this is their whole life, that they have no other life......i was an all state RB/LB and got a scholarship to play college ball, that is giving up blood, sweet, tears, and time so when someone screws up then i get upset but on a video game that crazy, so be sure and put me on a team with someone that is more relaxed please that way i will stick with it and enjoy it....thanks
Draft King really does have no life outside of Halo. I don't think you need to worry about him yelling at you if you suck though. He would just complain about you when you are not listening. If you don't think you are good then I think the best thing for you would be to practice using vehicles. Vehicles tend to level out the playing field, you won't need to worry about having the fastest reaction time or having the right gun, with vehicles you just worry about driving around, running people over, and shooting them from the sky.
Dr. Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote