Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-17-2008, 02:47 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Chris Redman's birthday is 7/7/77

Enough justification not to take Matt Ryan?

I think so.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:22 AM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think jake long is enough justification not to take matt ryan
Old 01-17-2008, 09:01 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think Glen Dorsey, Jake Long, and Darren McFadden are enough justification not to take Matt Ryan as well...looks like there's no good reason to take him!
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how anyone would want Dorsey over Ryan. Even McFadden. Dorsey has bad knees and to me we have bigger needs. Runningback is very deep this year. Quarterback is a huge need. I like tackle as well, but defensive tackle and runningback should not be addressed with our top pick.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 10:18 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm glad you don't run our FO.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I don't see how anyone would want Dorsey over Ryan. Even McFadden. Dorsey has bad knees and to me we have bigger needs. Runningback is very deep this year. Quarterback is a huge need. I like tackle as well, but defensive tackle and runningback should not be addressed with our top pick.
I couldn't agree with you anymore.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post

Simply put, Ryan just isn't that good. If it was JarMarcus, I'd be on board. But it's not. Hell, I wouldn't even be mad if we went Brohm.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Simply put, Ryan just isn't that good. If it was JarMarcus, I'd be on board. But it's not. Hell, I wouldn't even be mad if we went Brohm.
Jamarcus isn't a good QB...I'd not be happy with him either.
Old 01-18-2008, 04:24 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
I'm glad you don't run our FO.
I'm glad I am right. Ryan is the front runner for our pick, and I ask you to show how Dorsey or McFadden would be better for this team

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They might succeed? (I for one, only want Jake Long and Darren McFadden over Matt Ryan. Its a toss up betwee Dorsey and Ryan).

I am not very pleased with Ryan's tool set and the decisions he makes. He doesnt have any eye popping trait other than his composure, which is great, but doesnt outweigh his average arm strength, accuracy, mobility, and decision making. I like him as the 2nd best QB in this class and worth a top 5-15 pick. Not top5.

And I am agreeing with Dirtybirds right now. If we take Brohm (which we wont) I wouldnt be pissed off, assuming McFadden, Dorsey, Long, and maybe some other guys are off the board.

And if JaMarcus were in this draft, then DAMN! He would be the answer for this franchise. I was wary of him come draft time, but after seeing him in limited play, I think he is a superstar in the making. I dont see how you could think that he wont succeed (other than the fact that he is in Oakland).

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 01-19-2008, 12:13 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxygenil View Post
Jamarcus isn't a good QB...I'd not be happy with him either.
If he were in this draft he would be a lock for the top pick AGAIN!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 12:14 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Yeah. Just why dont you like Russell?