Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2008, 04:12 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
If it is Jaguars/Patriots with it counting as a Jaguars home game, it would be fine.

There is no way they are going to put two teams with massive waiting lists for season tickets against each other like that, because both would complain about losing home games. I just can't see it happening.

I am only using Jacksonville as an example because they cover about 10,000 seats a game, and then still have issues selling out. It would actually be a good thing for them, because it would be easier to shell out $$$ for seven games in one year then it would be eight.
Actually, that wouldn't be good for the Jaguars, because that's less revenue that the Jaguars desperately need. Also, they would want to send over an unpopular team like the Jaguars.

And BTW, the Jaguars don't play the Patriots next year.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pick two evenly matched teams this year, NFL.
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:15 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UK Cards Fan View Post
Despite being a member of NFLUK for years (Surely they should have got preference.) and registering 6 times, no. :(

And when they finally released the last few tickets for everyone through the hospitality section, it was too short notice to find anyone else who was willing to pay all the money and get time off work! :(

I am hoping however that since the eBay ban, the requests will be less this time and that I should get lucky!
Hmmmm, might do, but it might just end up with more ticket touts on the streets, unfortunately there were a few about.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Actually, that wouldn't be good for the Jaguars, because that's less revenue that the Jaguars desperately need. Also, they would want to send over an unpopular team like the Jaguars.

And BTW, the Jaguars don't play the Patriots next year.
In my theory, they don't cover 10,000 seats a game and sell out seven games because of the lack of an eight home game. It may be far fetched, but they end up making more revenue because they make money at the gate in the UK. And they'd maybe/probably make more then if it was in Jacksonville.

And I know they don't play the Pats next year, I was just using it as an example with the two teams mentioned...

I also don't think it will be the Pats any way you slice it because I believe they are making up their China Bowl game in the 2009 preseason and there is a 0% chance the NFL sends the same team overseas twice in the same year.
Old 01-17-2008, 04:53 PM    (permalink
xooberon
Veteran

xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.xooberon is so money.

rumour going round that it's highly probable the vikings are one of the teams
xooberon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:55 PM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could live with that, would love to see AD in person.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 04:59 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't be surprised if KC gets the nod.There is renovations going on at Arrowhead and won't be finished til about '09 or '10 so '08 might be the year we get sent overseas
Old 01-17-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
In my theory, they don't cover 10,000 seats a game and sell out seven games because of the lack of an eight home game. It may be far fetched, but they end up making more revenue because they make money at the gate in the UK. And they'd maybe/probably make more then if it was in Jacksonville.

And I know they don't play the Pats next year, I was just using it as an example with the two teams mentioned...

I also don't think it will be the Pats any way you slice it because I believe they are making up their China Bowl game in the 2009 preseason and there is a 0% chance the NFL sends the same team overseas twice in the same year.
I didn't realize the Jaguars get revenue from the game...that sounds better.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I imagine that they will stick with teams on the east coast, given the travel involved. Maybe stick with the interconference match-up? Also, I doubt the league will be sending over any 4-12 teams.

My guess is that the game will be either Pittsburgh Steelers @ Philadelphia Eagles, or Pittsburgh Steelers @ Washington Redskins.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:14 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it will be east coast teams again probably so teams like, NE, jets, giants, miami, tampa etc
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:59 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Great. Got tickets last time, will be pissed if I don't get them again.

Incidentally, the fact that you can charge a lot more for tickets in the UK helps...
Old 01-18-2008, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pls...come to germany/frankfurt

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its a little messed up, it takes away one official "home game" for one of those teams, and it better be indoors...im surprised Plaxico didnt break his ankle out there, it looked like they were playing at some playground with no kind of field upkeep going on

Also its kind of forcing teams to go over there which I dont agree with, I guess if they get a bye afterwards its not so bad, but that team still doesnt get to play in front of their home crowd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renji View Post
Pls...come to the Netherlands/Amsterdam
improved it for you :)

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont care, i can go to Amsterdam by Car...GB is a freakin Island

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They should send the Colts/Patriots game over there.

1. That would give the game the two best teams and the two best players of our era.
2. A neutral site would be interesting for what seems to always determine home field advantage in the AFC.

If the NFL wants this to be a legitimate event they need to show it by who they send. Everyone knew the Dolphins were going to be a joke, in fact I predicted they would be the worst team in football.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

1. That would give the game the two best teams and the two best players of our era.
2. A neutral site would be interesting for what seems to always determine home field advantage in the AFC.

If the NFL wants this to be a legitimate event they need to show it by who they send. Everyone knew the Dolphins were going to be a joke, in fact I predicted they would be the worst team in football.
I just don't see any way that will ever, ever, ever happen.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post

It would be an interesting scenario, but sadly it won't happen :(

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:32 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The covers won't be coming off no matter how many tickets we sell.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:41 PM    (permalink
JackieDan
Rookie

JackieDan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've heard quite a few rumours that the Redskins are being looked at to be one of the teams sent over.

Hope I get luckly and get tickets again.
JackieDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 05:53 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too was at the London game

It will be AFC v NFC again with east coast teams getting the nod. Looking at the 2008 fixtures, Jacksonville v Minnesota, Jacksonville v Green Bay and Washington V Pittsburgh are great possibilities.

Have also heard the rumours that a 2007 playoff team will be sent with the Jags, Vikings and Redskins as the most likely teams to come abroad.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 09:54 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i really hope i get tickets, i got awesome ones last year
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:31 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A league source identified the Bucs, Chiefs, Saints and Seahawks as leading candidates.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3205488
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

We arleady had games in Mexico and UK, so what's next? Japan? Australia? Brazil? I would love it.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
A league source identified the Bucs, Chiefs, Saints and Seahawks as leading candidates.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3205488
I really dont want The BUcs to have to play a game in the UK. It makes sense though because of the Malcolm Glazer Man U connection
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote