Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-17-2008, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
That also means that teams werent afraid to throw to him.
And they paid for it.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Like 'em:

Adrian Peterson
Brandon Marshall
Justin Tuck
Antonio Cromartie
Ryan Grant
Patrick Willis
Trent Cole
Elvis Dumervil
James Harrison
Marcus Trufant
Dwayne Bowe
LaRon Landry

**** 'em:

The Patriots
Phillip Rivers
Vince Young's Targets
Sean Payton
Romeo Cernell
Steve McNair(you have no idea how hard it was to type that)
Fraud Alexander
Rudi Johnson
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:24 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ON:

Eli Manning (NYG)
Joshua Cribbs (Cle)
Mario Williams (Hou)
Michael Boley (ATL)

OFF:

Phillip Rivers (SD)
Chad Johnson (Cin)
Randy Moss (NE)

KCJ58 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
BrownsTown
All-Pro

BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BrownsTown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On:
Braylon Edwards
Brandon Marshall
Ryan Grant
Mario Williams
Mason Crosby

Off:
JP Losman
Alex Smith
Samkon Gado (I've given up that he'll ever do anything)
Wali Lundy (See above)
Charlie Frye
Chad Pennington

Was never on:
Vince Young

Am still on despite some rough times:
Matt Leinart
BrownsTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:33 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On: Brandon McDonald (Homer pick)
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 AM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

so with the ubiquitousness of brandon marshall in this thread , i take the marques colston bandwagon
Old 01-18-2008, 05:05 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
ON
OFF
- Matt Leinart
BBD in time he will bring you back on his wagon, next year he will make you proud

ON
- Justin Fargas
OFF
- Troy Williamson
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 05:09 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cant believe how everyone in the media are all jumping on the Eli bandwagon now. Everyone seems to have forgotten the season he's had.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:13 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I will second Mike Tomlin. As much as I hate/detest the Steelers, I really like Mike Tomlin. I think he is (unfortunately) going to be a HELL of a coach for a long time...
I agree with you but what makes you say this? I'd like an outside prospective as to why you think Mike Tomlin will be great.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:19 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ON:
The Redskins to make playoffs next year
Vernon Davis
Mario
Carson to Chad next year

OFF:
Pats to win super bowl
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I cant believe how everyone in the media are all jumping on the Eli bandwagon now. Everyone seems to have forgotten the season he's had.
Two games does not make someone a good quarterback. The Giants still made a mistake in trading for him.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:03 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bandwagon-Santonio Holmes

Off Bandwagon-Anthony Smith

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
I agree with you but what makes you say this? I'd like an outside prospective as to why you think Mike Tomlin will be great.
I think he does everything right. He carries himself well, he tries to say the right things, and he walked into some pretty big shoes and did a great job. I don't follow them enough to know whether he made every right decision at all the right times, but I do know he worked with what he had very well and ran an offense around Ben Roethlisberger's strengths and really never put him in a position to carry the load until Willie Parker went down and he almost had to.

I think he'll be there as long as the chin was, if not longer.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:26 AM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

On: Derek Anderson
Cromartie
David Garrard
Nick Barnett(not that i didn't like him)
Adrian Peterson(and im a packer fan)

Off:Shaun Alexander
Carson Palmer
Cedric Benson
Mark Bulger
Alex Smith
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:13 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For a quick laugh:
ON:
David Carr to make pro bowl!
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 02:55 PM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
For a quick laugh:
ON:
David Carr to make pro bowl!
Jim Sorgi>David Carr.
Old 01-18-2008, 08:11 PM    (permalink
tjpackers
Rookie

tjpackers needs more cowbell.

how about rex grossman how can you not be good with a name like gross-man
tjpackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:54 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On:

Kerry Rhodes - 4 years on this guys bandwagon, and now he's a legit star.

Justin Tuck - One of the most versatile pass rushers in this league.

The Browns O - Winslow, Edwards, and a young, dominant O-line...

Jay Cutler - Is anyone really that shocked that he's been the best of the Big 3?

Haloti Ngata - Wow. He plays like an angry Grizzly.

D'Brick - I just really like him. He played pretty well for a LT with the worst group of LGs in the NFL. He absolutely dominated Jason Taylor in Week 3, and he kept it going for a while before getting tired.

I want to hop on the Cardinals bandwagon early, but if they lose Dansby...well thats just a huge loss.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

ON

Laurence Maroney, RB, NE (will be his breakthrough season)
Aundrae Allison, WR, MIN (he's a good player, watch him)

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On:
  • Roddy White - I thought he was a bust just a year ago, now he's one of few Falcons' players I am proud of. He put up pro-bowl stats at WR, without the pro-bowl QB helping him.
  • David Garrard - I was skeptical of the Jaguars decision to go with him as the starter, but he more than answered any lingering questions about him. He shined in Dirk Koetter's offense.
  • Haloti Ngata - The most underrated player on that Ravens' defense. They were dominant against the run, and Ngata is the reason. He has singlehandedly prolonged Ray Lewis' career.
  • Nnamdi Asomugha - He has been the best corner in the NFL the past two seasons. Unlike Bailey, teams actually do not challenge him.
  • Ryan Grant - When he tore up the Vikings' run defense I said that it was a fluke, but he's become a revelation and the reason the Packers have a legitimate chance at the Super Bowl.
  • "Rocky" McIntosh - I really, really do not understand why the Redskins' wanted Lance Briggs. He and Laron Landry were crucial in the Redskins' defensive revival.

Off:
  • Champ Bailey - While (I think) he should have won DPotY last year, he really isn't the shutdown corner that everyone says he is.
  • Jason Campbell - I really thought that he would play better than he did. What's with the obscene amount of fumbles?
  • Julius Peppers - After ten games in '06 he was unquestionably the best DE in football; however, ever since he has been invisible on the football field, in a contract year no less.
  • Marcus McNeil - He was great last year and many proclaimed him the next great LT. He's been average at best, bad at worst this season.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
skiinginNJ
Rookie

skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
eli played better this year than he has in the past.

it doesnt help when your team leads the league in drops, all of the receivers run crap routes, and your best receiver played on one leg for the whole year

his stats dont tell the whole story
skiinginNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiinginNJ View Post
eli played better this year than he has in the past.

it doesnt help when your team leads the league in drops, all of the receivers run crap routes, and your best receiver played on one leg for the whole year

his stats dont tell the whole story
He was still nothing special and did his normal disappearing act in the 2nd half of the season. He had a career high in picks and fumbles...they were not all the receivers fault...he was pretty bad this season.

He still has been doing a fine job of driving the bus in the playoffs but, he is still nothing special...there is still time but, I was once again left far from impressed this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:39 AM    (permalink
skiinginNJ
Rookie

skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.skiinginNJ hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
He was still nothing special and did his normal disappearing act in the 2nd half of the season. He had a career high in picks and fumbles...they were not all the receivers fault...he was pretty bad this season.
no it wasnt all the the receivers fault and i never said it was. much of the problem has been the offensive play calling (far to vertical, too many option routes) burress being on one leg most of the second half was a huge blow. our third receiver was almost non-existent for most of the year (smith was injured for a while, moss was injured and inconsistent).

that will cramp any QB's numbers
skiinginNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
BBD in time he will bring you back on his wagon, next year he will make you proud

ON
- Justin Fargas
OFF
- Troy Williamson
Im pulling for him. I thought he was the biggest guarantee at qb in that draft (although I had Cutler rated the best of the 3). Im surprised he's struggling this much. Hopefully for him, he puts it together next year.
Old 01-21-2008, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACKmanN View Post
Jim Sorgi>David Carr.
Jim Sorgi > Chuck Norris.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St