Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 01-19-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

Tom_23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Dorsey and Carriker

Everyone talks about how drafting Dorsey moves Carriker to DE, couldn't we keep Carriker at NT and have Dorsey replacing Glover at the UT, giving us an awesome young tandem up the middle?
Mizzou #4

I want Kenny Phillips, Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, or Calias Campbell
Tom_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 01:41 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you guys really playing Carriker at NT?

no wonder your defense was so terrible, who is the genius who decided to make that move?

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 04:33 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post

no wonder your defense was so terrible, who is the genius who decided to make that move?
Yes they really are, and he played well. You couldn't tell by the stats, but the defense was a lot better this year. The DT's, Witherspoon, and the secondary minus Chavous were all bright spots. With that being said, I would mind drafting Dorsey. I think Ryan may have a bright future, but not drafting Dorsey because of him would be questionable.

My Big Board for the Rams, assuming they stay at two:
Chris Long
Glenn Dorsey
Jake Long- not real excited about him though

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:18 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually once Ryan began to emerge, Carriker saw more time as the under tackle.

But I agree, I'm not keen on drafting Dorsey when we already have a first round pick UT on the roster. And I don't like the idea of moving Carriker to DE in the 4-3.
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Tom_23
Rookie

Tom_23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Clifton played well, but I'm not 100% sold on him. How would you feel about a trade back into the 7-10 Area and picking up Sedrick Ellis, he is considered a strong pass rushing DT, which we certainly need a passs rush
Mizzou #4

I want Kenny Phillips, Glen Dorsey, Chris Long, or Calias Campbell
Tom_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2008, 11:46 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...I'd rather just stay put and take Chris Long. ;)
NGSeiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 05:05 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Watch Carriker play before you make a statement like that.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:10 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Watch Carriker play before you make a statement like that.
Was he playing against the Cardinals? I don't recall him doing anything, Atogwe looks like he is going to be good & Witherspoon is solid, but other than that I think you need to rebuild your defense

BTW in the 1st game between the Cardinals and Rams who picked off Warner t& Leinart was it Fakhir Brown(SP?) some reason on ESPN it says that Milford Brown did it and I know that can't be right

Last edited by fenikz : 01-23-2008 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:56 PM    (permalink
no love
Veteran

no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.no love is a cocksman.

That would be a crazy combo in the middle. Probably could grow into a line like Jacksonville.
no love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 09:21 PM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Was he playing against the Cardinals? I don't recall him doing anything, Atogwe looks like he is going to be good & Witherspoon is solid, but other than that I think you need to rebuild your defense

BTW in the 1st game between the Cardinals and Rams who picked off Warner t& Leinart was it Fakhir Brown(SP?) some reason on ESPN it says that Milford Brown did it and I know that can't be right
Yeah, that was Fakhir Brown, or else the Rams were running the questionable D of putting an O-lineman in coverage.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 02:29 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yea, cuz DTs are supposed to have monster stats right?

Carriker played very well his 1st year with the Rams, and I was impressed with how well his transition went from DE to DT.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Yea, cuz DTs are supposed to have monster stats right?

Carriker played very well his 1st year with the Rams, and I was impressed with how well his transition went from DE to DT.
Didn't say that just didn't notice him, not necessarily a good or bad thing probably just means he was trying to do his job

Old 01-24-2008, 02:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Didn't say that just didn't notice him, not necessarily a good or bad thing probably just means he was trying to do his job
Obviously you think playing Carriker at NT is a bad idea, looking at your previous quote.
Old 01-24-2008, 05:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

I think he would be a much better fit at UT or LDE, it would be like putting Chris Long at NT

Old 01-27-2008, 02:55 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carriker and Chris Long, then Gholston and Carriker, then Dorsey, then Jake Long

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what about taking a big guy like pat sims out of auburn in the second and getting a big run stuffer

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 11:13 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

or how bout this Dl rotation

RDE - Vernon Gholston
NT- Pat Sims
UT - La'Roi Glover/ Clifton Ryan
LDE - Adam Carriker

and then on third down we do like the packers and

RDE - Vernon Gholston
NT - Adam Carriker
UT- La'Roi Glover
LDE - Victor Edyanju/Leanard Little

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote