Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-20-2008, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
You really need to stop crying. I can't imagine anything coming out of New York or Boston being any more annoying then reading your same predictable drivel over and over and over again.
He wants to say cheaters over and over because that's how he rolls.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
BTW, more evidence for the lunacy of Skip Bayless: He said that the Giants playing their starters vs. the Patriots would be one of the biggest big-picture coaching mistakes ever. While I thought the Giants should've rested, that little insertion is another example of his complete idiocy.
Yep, cant wait to see him retrace his steps on that note, he's a complete idiot and looks like a fool week in and week out...

but, I will be playing call of duty 4 during this super bowl, flipping back and forth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:35 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An awfull match up that will grab big ratings because......

1. the Super Bowl always gets huge ratings

2.Two huge media markets

3.The Pats going for the undefeated season

God I don't even want to watch this mess of a game.

Pats 56 Giants 0

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'll watch the commercials. I can't watch New England win another Super Bowl. Sorry Giants fans, I respect your team a ton and I think you should have been given more respect along the way but lets face it, New England is on a completely different level here. You guys can be them, its possible, but very unlikely. Either way, you made it at least.
Old 01-20-2008, 09:39 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unless your team is in the SB then its just another game. I'm still gonna watch but i really dont care who wins.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You're all going to watch the Superbowl, so stop acting like you aren't.

Would Pats-Cowboys or Pats-Packers be any better? The Giants beat both of those teams back to back and were competitive with the Pats. I think they are the only team in the NFC that can potentially give the Pats a run for their money.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:46 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patriots - 35
Giants - 23

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I'm like one of fifteen New Yorkers that are sad about the Giants being in the Superbowl. :(:(:(
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
You're all going to watch the Superbowl, so stop acting like you aren't.

Would Pats-Cowboys or Pats-Packers be any better? The Giants beat both of those teams back to back and were competitive with the Pats. I think they are the only team in the NFC that can potentially give the Pats a run for their money.
1. No, I'm not watching the Super Bowl.

2. Yes, because the Packers would have given the majority of people on here a team to root for.
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Barbecue Bob
Rookie

Barbecue Bob hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think the Giants are just a momentum team right now and a week off will completely wash that away. Two weeks for the Patriots to gameplan combined with a week off for Eli means a Patriot Super Bowl win. Every QB for the past several years has come out completely flat in the Super Bowl. It took Peyton a quarter to get it together, Rex never had it together, Big Ben was terrible all game, even Brady had a bad game against the Eagles. The Patriots can win a game despite a weaker outing by Brady as evidenced by today's game against San Diego, but the Giants can't win despite Eli's struggles in my opinion.
Barbecue Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fun fact: 95% of everyone who says 'they won't watch, its uninteresting, etc' is going to watch anyway.

go giants.

seriously do you have any idea how whiny and stuck up you guys sound when you say stuff like that?

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:56 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am getting the feeling of another good one here. Pats will win however not in blowout fashion as some suspect. Giants have the pieces necessary to hang tough and I am seeing it come down to another last minute field goal. Sorry but much more interesting to me than last years Super Bowl in the mud.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:58 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The media slobbering over the Giants-Pats game won't be nearly as bad as the media slobbering over Favre vs. the Evil Empire.

Anyways, i think this will be a good superbowl. The week 17 matchup was fantastic, and now we get a re-match. Out of the four teams elft, this was the best possible superbowl scenario in my opinion.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, considering people haven't given us a shot against any team these past few weeks (maybe with the exception of Tampa, but even then) I'm quite fine with everyone picking the Patriots.

Just gives our team a big chip on their shoulder while the Patriots are kicking back and relaxing.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
BigJohn98
Pro Bowler

BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigJohn98 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll probably just watch the commercials and change the channel when the game comes back on.
BigJohn98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully the second-best quarterback in the game gets his first ring, the most overrated player in NFL history doesn't need another championship to make him look better than he is.

Last edited by Geo : 01-20-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Very, very nice. The giants lose in the SB and suffer the SB losing curse, taking them out of contention for next season.

VERY NICE.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:10 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I pray that anybody beats the Patriots, the Giants wanted this game more and it showed. I dont think the Giants will be able to pull off another upset like they have and its unforunate becuase im going to barf 10545260254 times if I have to watch the Pats win another. I dont want the Giants to win either but Ill take anyone over the Pats. Its a lose, really lose situation.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Hopefully the second-best quarterback in the game gets his first ring, the most overrated player in NFL history doesn't need another championship to make him look better than he is.
Brady is better and more productive then Manning.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you guys really want to listen to: BRetT vS BrDaYzzZ iZ FarV guNna retiR?

Quit bitching, it's the Super Bowl and the Giants have already shown they can hang with the Pats.

Pats- 27
Giants- 24
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:15 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't believe the Giants are in the Super Bowl, I think its pretty exciting. If its anything like that week 17 game it should be a great Super Bowl.
NIN1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
No, his stats do a good job of that. Actually, I stand corrected, they don't do a good enough job of showing just how great he is.

But hey, give Peyton Manning the WR's Tom Brady has had to throw to before this year and his numbers wouldn't look so hot either...
Old 01-20-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I GUARANTEE A GIANTS VICTORY. I HAVE MORE THAN A FEELING THAT THE GIANTS WILL WIN.

GIANTS 27
patriots 24
Old 01-20-2008, 10:21 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Eh, considering people haven't given us a shot against any team these past few weeks (maybe with the exception of Tampa, but even then) I'm quite fine with everyone picking the Patriots.

Just gives our team a big chip on their shoulder while the Patriots are kicking back and relaxing.
u dont really believe this do u
Old 01-20-2008, 10:23 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

well i just won 150 bucks on the giants game. soo i guess you can say im a lil excited. im going to bet 5 large that the giants take home to ring(s).

giants - 31
pats - 27

SHOCKER!!!!!

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote