Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is crazy. BF51 said it, no way are you guys NOT gonna watch it. It's the super bowl.

And keep hating the Giants. I mean, weren't we supposed to be destined for a top 10 pick? Didn't we have no shot at the Cowboys or Packers? It's ok guys, it's ok. Keep mourning. I give the Packers fans a pass because their season ended about an hour ago. Some fans just haven't faced the fact there team lost, and isn't good enough to be in.

Also, why do the Giants have no shot? Same reasons they didn't against the Pack and Cowboys right? It'll be a blowout, but it wouldn't have been if the Packers or Cowboys, both of whom lost to the Giants, were in? perfect sense.

Also, the Giants are on fire on the road, and the 2 teams they lost to in the regular season and played in the playoffs, the Giants won. Guess what? teh Giants lost to the pats in the regular season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Patriots had to take the ball out of Brady's hands today and put it into the hands of the Laurence Maroney and the defense to win. Give me a break.

He's so clutch ... because when the score is tied and there's no threat of losing, he gets Adam Vinatieri into position to win Super Bowls. And he has the best coach of his era in Bill Belichick coaching the team in the playoffs. Except now there's no Charlie Weis to fluke him through even more than Brady does (90% of his passes thrown behind or at the LOS or short over the middle), but he's got the offensive line to prop him up. GTFO with that nonsense.

Last year, the Pats runningbacks and the defense spotted Brady 21 points (!), and Manning still beat his sorry ass. Brady lucked out last year against the Chargers thanks to Marlon McCree fumbling Brady's third or fouth interception of the day, and Marty losing yet again in the playoffs because this time he foolishly didn't play Martyball. Brady almost lost the game this year, he should thank his lucky stars he was playing against a one-legged Phillip Rivers. Hell, he lost in Denver in 2005, but of course revisionist theory that the dumbass media creates doesn't allow you to remember that. That after the tuck rule that saved his ass in 01, Troy Brown on offense and special teams as well as Drew Bledsoe in relief won the AFCCG the next week. And Belichick's defense against Martz's Rams was wonderful, reminiscent of the job he did against the Bills in 1990.

But no, we're too busy hearing the legend of the most overrated player in NFL history, Tom Brady.

Last edited by Geo : 01-20-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
VPF
Rookie

VPF hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tEk View Post
well i just won 150 bucks on the giants game. soo i guess you can say im a lil excited. im going to bet 5 large that the giants take home to ring(s).

giants - 31
pats - 27

SHOCKER!!!!!
i hope you mean 5 large one dollar bills or else you might be in trouble
VPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPF View Post
i hope you mean 5 large one dollar bills or else you might be in trouble
i don't think so, and if i lose it aint no thing. just jazzed the giants are finally putting ish together.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Patriots had to take the ball out of Brady's hands today and put it into the hands of the Laurence Maroney and the defense to win. Give me a break.

He's so clutch ... because when the score is tied and there's no threat of losing, he gets Adam Vinatieri into position to win Super Bowls. And he has the best coach of his era in Bill Belichick coaching the team in the playoffs. Except now there's no Charlie Weis to fluke him through even more than Brady does (90% of his passes thrown behind or at the LOS or short over the middle), but he's got the offensive line to prop him up. GTFO with that nonsense.

Last year, the Pats runningbacks and the defense spotted Brady 21 points (!), and Manning still beat his sorry ass. Brady lucked out last year against the Chargers thanks to Marlon McCree fumbling Brady's third or fouth interception of the day, and Marty losing yet again in the playoffs because this time he foolishly didn't play Martyball. Brady almost lost the game this year, he should thank his lucky stars he was playing against a one-legged Phillip Rivers. Hell, he lost in Denver in 2005, but of course revisionist theory that the dumbass media creates doesn't allow you to remember that. That after the tuck rule that saved his ass in 01, Troy Brown on offense and special teams as well as Drew Bledsoe in relief won the AFCCG the next week. And Belichick's defense against Martz's Rams was wonderful, reminiscent of the job he did against the Bills in 1990.

But no, we're too busy hearing the legend of the most overrated player in NFL history, Tom Brady.
You're a very smart poster, but this is pure hyperbole, and something that I question you would be making if you weren't a Colts/Manning fan.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewing View Post
I can; your constant defense over the Patriots' bull****.
OK Ewing...listen.

How are we (as Pats fan) wrong to defend our team when we have been perfect this year? Do I need to give you a run down of everything we have done this year? No team has gone 18-0 in NFL history and we just did it today. I know it means nothing if they lose the SB in 2 weeks, but you get my point.

Call it, BS if you want, but it is what you wish the Titans could have. Dont deny it. You know its true. Put yourself in our position as fans of the best team in the league, and tell me you woul handle yourself differently. Please, enough of the BS talk.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

As a Cowboys fan I think the Giants have a good chance of winning this game. They've wanted it more than any team in the playoffs and have actually played with the 'win or go home' mentality. They're playing the best ball they have when it counts, the playoffs. The Patriots just do not look as impressive as they were in the regular season. Oh yea, and Tom Brady is over-rated.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a very depressing superbowl. I want both teams to lose, I might not even watch it.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
downthealley
Rookie

downthealley hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Hopefully the second-best quarterback in the game gets his first ring, the most overrated player in NFL history doesn't need another championship to make him look better than he is.
Didn't Manning's team lose last week? ;)
downthealley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
This is a very depressing superbowl. I want both teams to lose, I might not even watch it.
LOL.

Packers' fans.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:

Thats funny. Because it just last week Manning faced the same Chargers team and didn't quite come out with the same outcome that Brady did. I believe they both tossed 3 INT's, so you Manning vs Brady argument on this on is useless.

Again, are we gonna turn this into a debate? All I can say, and please answer it without the obvious excuses. If Manning was so dominant in the regular season, why didny he beat Tom Brady when they had to go to Foxboro those years? Why does Manning have 1 ring, and Bray 3? Please.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanGENE View Post
LOL.

Packers' fans.
Well I've hated the Patriots for years, and I didn't like the Giants much and now they beat us, so there isn't much to look forward to.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:49 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Now that is going to do some serious boat rocking. And god it is nice to hear.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Thats funny. Because it just last week Manning faced the same Chargers team and didn't quite come out with the same outcome that Brady did. I believe they both tossed 3 INT's, so you Manning vs Brady argument on this on is useless.

Again, are we gonna turn this into a debate? All I can say, and please answer it without the obvious excuses. If Manning was so dominant in the regular season, why didny he beat Tom Brady when they had to go to Foxboro those years? Why does Manning have 1 ring, and Bray 3? Please.
Peyton threw 2 INTs, not 3. Both of those INTs were deflections.

Colts didn't play well last week as a team, Peyton was acctually one of the few bright spots.

In the Pats-Chargers game, on the other hand, Brady didn't have a great game, but his team kicked @$$.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:51 PM    (permalink
bryanGENE

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Well I've hated the Patriots for years, and I didn't like the Giants much and now they beat us, so there isn't much to look forward to.
I hate them both, and a pure hatred for the Giants and their fan base. As a NFL fan it's the biggest game of the year and the last(meaningful). Get your last football fix while you still can.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:56 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Please don't compare Manning's performance last week to Brady's from last year, because really, Manning's was on another level. And by the way, he only threw 2 ints, both on tipped passes.

And what are these 'obvious excuses'? The fact his coaching staff, special teams and defense were on a different level? They may be obvious, but they're pretty damn legitimate.

Other then that i'm done with this, i hate this argument, cause really, is anyone actually going to change their opinion on these two guys?
Old 01-20-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Please don't compare Manning's performance last week to Brady's from last year, because really, Manning's was on another level. And by the way, he only threw 2 ints, both on tipped passes.

And what are these 'obvious excuses'? The fact his coaching staff, special teams and defense were on a different level? They may be obvious, but they're pretty damn legitimate.

Other then that i'm done with this, i hate this argument, cause really, is anyone actually going to change their opinion on these two guys?
OK, well the tipped passes argument can only fo so far. Remember when the Pats hosted the Colts at Foxboro mid season last year, and Brady threw 3 picks? Remember how all 3 were tipped? AH, you forgot. Exactly, it works both ways. I dont care, say what you want, Brady has won it with WR who would not have made the team in IND, and RB who are worse than James Mungro, along with a TE that runs a slower 40 than Jeff Saturday.

Calling Brady out for this game is rediculous. People call him out for this game, yet what he did last week against and arguably better defense, going dam near perfect doens justify anything? Especially for all you haters calling him for locking on to Moss, who only had ONE, 1, catch that game? Please explain that one.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd say the Giants have an advantage in the run game, thats it.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:09 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK, well the tipped passes argument can only fo so far. Remember when the Pats hosted the Colts at Foxboro mid season last year, and Brady threw 3 picks? Remember how all 3 were tipped? AH, you forgot. Exactly, it works both ways. I dont care, say what you want, Brady has won it with WR who would not have made the team in IND, and RB who are worse than James Mungro, along with a TE that runs a slower 40 than Jeff Saturday.

Calling Brady out for this game is rediculous. People call him out for this game, yet what he did last week against and arguably better defense, going dam near perfect doens justify anything? Especially for all you haters calling him for locking on to Moss, who only had ONE, 1, catch that game? Please explain that one.
Mannings weren't even tipped. They were flat out dropped.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pats going to win in a blowout giants got lucky during the regular season IMO

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
7-11
Veteran

Quote:

Are you still talking to me? Because i'm pretty sure not one thing after your first sentence has anything to do with what i was saying.

And i am aware that tipped passes that go for ints happen to every qb in the league, i just noted that because you were trying to compare a good qb performance to a bad one.

And please don't say 'Brady has won it with less'. That is one of the most frustrating comments to hear in all of sports, cause believe it or not, the rest of the team may have had something to do with those wins as well.

In conclusion i have one thing to say, your argumentative stylings are similar to that of a brick.
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Dropped or tipped are essentially the same thing. The control of the ball are out of the QB's hands. All Im saying is that if your gonna save Manning's grace like that, do the same for Brady.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
I guarantee 90% of the linemen in the league have better hands than Kenton Keith.
Old 01-20-2008, 11:13 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like for both teams to lose as well. Im sick of the Pats and all the superbowls they have won in recent years. I hope the Giants pull another upset and ruin the Pats perfect season, it would make my day. Do I think the Giants can pull another upset, I dont know but I'll give them a chance because they have really stepped up there play lately.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Are you still talking to me? Because i'm pretty sure not one thing after your first sentence has anything to do with what i was saying.

And i am aware that tipped passes that go for ints happen to every qb in the league, i just noted that because you were trying to compare a good qb performance to a bad one.

And please don't say 'Brady has won it with less'. That is one of the most frustrating comments to hear in all of sports, cause believe it or not, the rest of the team may have had something to do with those wins as well.

In conclusion i have one thing to say, your argumentative stylings are similar to that of a brick.
Say what want. Take from what you want.

All I can say, is that if Manning is that great, why isnt he where Brady is?