Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:15 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
I guarantee 90% of the linemen in the league have better hands than Kenton Keith.
Typical Colts fan answer. Tries to find a way around everything.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Say what want. Take from what you want.

All I can say, is that if Manning is that great, why isnt he where Brady is?
What i said has just about as much to do with my my senile grandmother as it does Peyton Manning
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dropped or tipped are essentially the same thing. The control of the ball are out of the QB's hands. All Im saying is that if your gonna save Manning's grace like that, do the same for Brady.
On tipped passes the blame can be put on the QB, he didn't put it in the right place. When you hit the receiver in BOTH hands you are given a pass on that INT.

If you put Manning on the Patriots, they win just as many Super Bowls. If you put Brady on the Colts they are a completely different team.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:22 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 Years, 2 Super Bowl rings for the Manning's.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
On tipped passes the blame can be put on the QB, he didn't put it in the right place. When you hit the receiver in BOTH hands you are given a pass on that INT.

If you put Manning on the Patriots, they win just as many Super Bowls. If you put Brady on the Colts they are a completely different team.
I disagree. Brady has shown he can make plays. And plenty of them he can make. When he is called upon to throw the ball x number of times he will. Most of the time, prior to this year, it wasnt necessary for him to throw as many times. Was it as necessary for Manning to throw that many times in a game? Prob not. I think if they ran the ball more, they would have been just fine, no different than they did finish.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eh, I think there's a few things people shouldn't get confused about. While yes, there are some Giants fans who are utterly annoying, you get that with any teams fans. If there's one thing I've learned, don't base a fan base of what the media depicts or the fact you've had a bad run in with a couple of that teams fans.

Is it our fault that the media over hypes the Boston and New York sports teams? Not at all, really.

I really don't see what the problem is. I think this is going to be a great Super Bowl, but maybe it's because my team is in it. I look at it like the Undefeated vs the Underdog. Your typical, David vs Goliath plot. How will it end? I have no idea, but that's why they play the games.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
What i said has just about as much to do with my my senile grandmother as it does Peyton Manning
Are you not comprehending? Im pretty sure that this is a debate about Brady and Manning.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Typical Colts fan answer. Tries to find a way around everything.
Excuse the language, but what the **** are you talking about? I was not making excuses or 'finding away around everything', whatever that may be. I was simply stating Kenton Keith catches like Stephen Hawking.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to go into a specific argument on every little detail, because it looks like I've helped deliver a Manning/Brady debate into the SB XLII thread, but I'll respond to this:

Quote:
Again, are we gonna turn this into a debate? All I can say, and please answer it without the obvious excuses. If Manning was so dominant in the regular season, why didny he beat Tom Brady when they had to go to Foxboro those years? Why does Manning have 1 ring, and Bray 3? Please.
The answer to the above: Bill Belichick. An additional answer as for why Manning only has one ring so far: Tony Dungy.

Regardless, it's Giants and Patriots in Super Bowl XLII. Both teams put on a very good game in Week 17, when both coaches wisely played their starters for the full game with full effort. Hopefully they do the same in the rematch, inside a great stadium in Arizona.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:35 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

Quote:
Are you not comprehending? Im pretty sure that this is a debate about Brady and Manning.
Geo said Tom Brady was overrated, you brought up a terrible sample(which wasn't even correct) and compared him to Peyton Manning, i said you were wrong, which you were, than you called me a typical Colts fan. Forgive me, but i'm struggling to see how this is a Manning v Brady debate.

Oh wait, maybe it's the fact it's in a superbowl thread....oh sorry, that just makes you even more wrong.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

as a Jets fan this game really just makes me sick..I hate both teams so much

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
tEk
Veteran

tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.tEk wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

you're all on crack, brady lives off of the d and the leg of his kicker, which leads me to my next point. no vinatieri no bowl.

Hitman D
tEk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:45 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bye week: hurts or helps the Giants? Belichick now has two weeks' worth of preparation, we've seen what he does with that, but the Giants played three straight road playoff games and can get healthier.

Thoughts?
Old 01-21-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

How are people calling a blowout when the last game was a 3 point difference?

I'm pulling for NY but I hate Eli.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:50 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Yeah, I don't know wtf Vegas is thinking with the 14-point spread it released tonight (according to ESPN News). That's lunacy.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Yeah, I don't know wtf Vegas is thinking with the 14-point spread it released tonight (according to ESPN News). That's lunacy.
They put it that high because no one is going to put money on the Giants with a smaller spread.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Bye week: hurts or helps the Giants? Belichick now has two weeks' worth of preparation, we've seen what he does with that, but the Giants played three straight road playoff games and can get healthier.

Thoughts?
I think it benefits both teams. I personally dont think it will cool down the Giants. To me, I likent he Giants clbuhouse of this year to that of the Red Sox of 2004. The "group of Idiots". I mean, look that the way the team is right now. They are joking around, having fun and just palying football. Anyone else see the comparison? Especially Strahan.

Quote:
There is a lot of time. It will go down over the next 2 weeks. However, I dont see it dropping to less than 7 points.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:00 AM    (permalink
adschofield
Pro Bowler

adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.adschofield is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boring...

I wanted to see a shootout b/w the two high powered offenses, GB vs. NE (the poetic irony is that GB's high powered offense lost them the game, lol)

sig by BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
Ok I'd almost rather spank my meat with sandpaper at this point.
adschofield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Boring...

I wanted to see a shootout b/w the two high powered offenses, GB vs. NE (the poetic irony is that GB's high powered offense lost them the game, lol)
Well, 34-31 in week 17 was a solid shootout. I think that we could see similar results this time around. Perhaps even a little more scoring.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adschofield View Post
Boring...

But it's New York vs. Boston! When do you ever get to hear about that?!
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:04 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Giants proved they have the best offense in the NFC, neither Dallas and Green Bay could outdo them. Eli is playing fantastic right now and the passing offense is delivering, and that's wearing defenses for the two headed-monster of Jacobs and Bradshaw in the second half of games.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Steve Smith is coming into his own.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to see this game. Never really matters who the teams are for me in the Super Bowl. I love watching football. Especially the NFL.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Just when it looks like Amani Toomer might stick around, he drops balls again as he did today and the offense suffers for it as before.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Giants proved they have the best offense in the NFC, neither Dallas and Green Bay could outdo them. Eli is playing fantastic right now and the passing offense is delivering, and that's wearing defenses for the two headed-monster of Jacobs and Bradshaw in the second half of games.
Wouldn't say "best offense" exactly. I'd say "best team".

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is online now   Reply With Quote