Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Namy
Veteran

Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Namy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate rematches. However, I do find it ironic that the last game of the regular season will also be the last post season game.

Also, for all the whiners, the Packers would have been absolutely MURDERED had they played the Pats. It would've been a good pre game story, but Favre would probably throw 3-4 INT, and Moss would dominate Al Harris. The Packers also had trouble pressuring Eli... if that were the case against NE, you can forget it, NE probably wins by 20.

In warm weather, I see Brady having a very good game. I think it'll be close for 2-3 quarters before the Pats blow it open. I see a result around 37 - 20.

Projected win total: 55+
Namy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Wouldn't say "best offense" exactly. I'd say "best team".
Well, right now they have the best offense. If GB or DAL had it, they would be where NYG is right now.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must say Eli looks cute doing press conferences when he is all giddy
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Rich Jr
Veteran

Rich Jr smells like sex panther.Rich Jr smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I must say Eli looks cute doing press conferences when he is all giddy
This is the most not **** comment ever.
Rich Jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:17 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not looking forward to the Super Bowl. Is the NFL trying to make the Super Bowl match the crappiness of the half time show?

When was the last time we had a good Super Bowl? Seriously? When? My guess would be Super Bowl XXXII. Broncos vs. Packers.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm not looking forward to the Super Bowl. Is the NFL trying to make the Super Bowl match the crappiness of the half time show?

When was the last time we had a good Super Bowl? Seriously? When? My guess would be Super Bowl XXXII. Broncos vs. Packers.
Im not sure what you are implying. Are you trying to say the NFL fixes matches?
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:21 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
This is crazy. BF51 said it, no way are you guys NOT gonna watch it. It's the super bowl.
whats your point? There have been plenty of years I didnt really "watch" the superbowl, Ill probably watch the kickoff, and then float back and forth between other things, if its a blowout I really wont pay any attention, if its close ill watch the 4th qt, but I didnt want to see a rematch all together...

And if the Giants were going to the superbowl, I would of rathered them play the Chargers or Colts, so the match in itself is pretty boring to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:54 AM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
yes, it could happen just like the nba

nfl needs to go back to no salary cap

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 01:58 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
It could be possible. But that is not what I was trying to imply.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:00 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Dude what the hell are you talking about?

Rams-Patriots was one of the best Superbowls of all time. The ones with the Eagles and Panthers were very good too.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Its Ya Boy
Rookie

Its Ya Boy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

im not gonna watch the super bowl, its cool and all, but hey its gonna be boring. hell i slept through the whole pitt vs seattle game, so ill just do the same
Its Ya Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 02:35 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation420
Rookie

RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420 RaiderNation420

Giants ML +600
RaiderNation420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 05:27 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwilk103 View Post
yes, it could happen just like the nba

nfl needs to go back to no salary cap
what good would that do?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:19 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
The Patriots had to take the ball out of Brady's hands today and put it into the hands of the Laurence Maroney and the defense to win. Give me a break.

He's so clutch ... because when the score is tied and there's no threat of losing, he gets Adam Vinatieri into position to win Super Bowls. And he has the best coach of his era in Bill Belichick coaching the team in the playoffs. Except now there's no Charlie Weis to fluke him through even more than Brady does (90% of his passes thrown behind or at the LOS or short over the middle), but he's got the offensive line to prop him up. GTFO with that nonsense.

Last year, the Pats runningbacks and the defense spotted Brady 21 points (!), and Manning still beat his sorry ass. Brady lucked out last year against the Chargers thanks to Marlon McCree fumbling Brady's third or fouth interception of the day, and Marty losing yet again in the playoffs because this time he foolishly didn't play Martyball. Brady almost lost the game this year, he should thank his lucky stars he was playing against a one-legged Phillip Rivers. Hell, he lost in Denver in 2005, but of course revisionist theory that the dumbass media creates doesn't allow you to remember that. That after the tuck rule that saved his ass in 01, Troy Brown on offense and special teams as well as Drew Bledsoe in relief won the AFCCG the next week. And Belichick's defense against Martz's Rams was wonderful, reminiscent of the job he did against the Bills in 1990.

But no, we're too busy hearing the legend of the most overrated player in NFL history, Tom Brady.

Do you know what the difference between Tom Brady and Peyton Manning is? Besides the Super Bowl rings, the super model girlfriend and the single season TD record.

When Tom Brady has a bad game, he still does enough to win. When Peyton Manning has a bad game, and inevitably doesn't show up in the playoffs, he finds new ways to lose.

You can pretend all you want that yesterday's game proves your illogical point, but I watched that same team intercept your precious Peyton Manning 9 times in two games.

9 times.

So maybe, just maybe, the Chargers have a good, I don't know, defense? Maybe? You see, the problem here is that instead of giving credit to the team playing well, you take it away by saying Brady played bad.

But you know what? Tom Brady has nothing left to prove. He has no led his team to two of the three longest winning streaks in the history of the NFL: 21-0 and 18-0 and counting. His team wins 5 out of every 6 games he plays, or roughly 80% of the games he plays. That doesn't happen by accident. Maybe for a season, or maybe for two. But teams don't go to the AFC Championship game 5 times in 7 years and the Super Bowl 4 times in 7 years with the same guy throwing the ball by accident.

It. Does. Not. Happen.

So keep coming up with every anomaly you can to try make yourself feel better about the fact that Peyton Manning, your supposive greatest QB EVAH has let you down, yet again.

The most idiotic comment anyone can make is "well he couldn't do it without _____." Thank you captain obvious. I hope you didn't really think Tom Brady could snap the ball to himself, wait for the defense to count to 10 Mississippi and then pull a Bugs Bunny and throw it to himself 50 yards down the field. God knows I am sure you think Peyton Manning and his Elmer Fudd looking ass can do it, but I am pretty sure that every "great" player in the history of football had a pretty great supporting cast surrounding him. Just a hunch.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
It could be possible. But that is not what I was trying to imply.
If they were, the Saints would have been in the Super Bowl last year...
Old 01-21-2008, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

Pats 58-10. Meh.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:45 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

Ehhh, I don't know if I'm gonna watch it, I might just go somewhere to eat and stuff.

As for the game, it is really a Win-Win-Win for me. If the Pats lose and the giannts win because that means obviuosly the pats lost and I hate them, and for the Giants Strahan and Toomer will retire, which gave the Cowboys fits for all of these years. If the pats win then so be it, but the giants will have the SB losing curse so I won't even care about the pats.

I love the situation I am in as a fan. :)
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 07:48 AM    (permalink
Achilles33
Veteran

Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.Achilles33 smells like sex panther.

The patriots, as much as I hate to say it, are on god's side this season. No matter if they are down by 21 to the giants in the 4th quarter, they will styill win, thats just how it is. It is meant to be. I don't know why god is on their side because Belicheck is a ******* cheater who everyone hates, but eh, what the hell.

The patriots will not lose. It is impossible.
Achilles33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God dammit....I hate one team as much as the other one...I hate this season

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't know wtf Vegas is thinking with the 14-point spread it released tonight (according to ESPN News). That's lunacy.
Early money came in on the Giants the spread is now 12.5. I'm not suprised. Despite winning, Pats haven't covered a spread in weeks.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Early money came in on the Giants the spread is now 12.5. I'm not suprised. Despite winning, Pats haven't covered a spread in weeks.
Yeah, and they continue to set it obnoxiously high. I was pretty shocked to see the spread so high after the two teams played so close just a month ago...
Old 01-21-2008, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Yeah, and they continue to set it obnoxiously high. I was pretty shocked to see the spread so high after the two teams played so close just a month ago...
Agreed. I already put my money on the Giants. Bought the 1/2 point to get it at 13. Bet the Giants to win the NFC before the season started at +750 so that worked out. And after the Giants beat Tampa, bet them to win the Superbowl at +2500.

I'm not making any predictions yet, and its hard to choose the Giants (I like it that way). But I'll be disspointed if we don't cover the +13. And not just because of my bet.

Just looking back, Pats haven't covered since week 14 against Pitt.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 01-21-2008 at 08:16 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Patriots16-0
Veteran

Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0 Patriots16-0

The next Patriots loss will be in 2014. From 2009-2014, only 16-0. Mark it down.

Thanks to darnik44two for the sig

Dream Pats Draft:
1. Vernon Gholston, LB, tOSU
2. Adarious Bowman, WR, Ok St
3a. Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa
3b. Kevin Smith, RB, UCF
4. Peyton Hillis, RB, Ark
5. Jermichael Finley, TE, Texas
6. Brian Witherspoon, CB, Stillman
7. Pierre Garcon, WR, Mt Union
Patriots16-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:37 AM    (permalink
luckyjackaubrey
Veteran

Location: South Jersey via Nantucket thru Presque Isle with future considerations
luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.luckyjackaubrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I wanted the Packer's for the Favre-angle I am intrigued by the Giants-Pats matchup. They played a great game week 17 and that decision to play the starters and play to win was a great and gutsy move by Coughlin. THe Giants are playing like the 2001 Pats, efficient balanced offense, limit young Qb's mistakes, and put the pressure on the defense to tip the balance.

I am intrigued to see if the weather being a non issue brings back some of the execution and results of the early season Patriot offense. The second half of the season was filled with much closer results for them and weather was certainly a factor. Will the Pats passing attack be back to what it was early on ?

The Giants are riding some great momentum. They have no reason to fear the Pats, they have chopped down the two most vaunted passing attacks their conference could put in their way and more than held their own in week 17.

I look forward to a great game.
luckyjackaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Bye week: hurts or helps the Giants? Belichick now has two weeks' worth of preparation, we've seen what he does with that, but the Giants played three straight road playoff games and can get healthier.

Thoughts?
I'm not sure how the bye effects us. We have been on a roll and you don't want to screw up momentum. But I feel like we are almost on too much of a high right now, and two weeks can be a good thing.

Also I'm not sure if we need two weeks to get healthier. One week would be enough. The big injuries for us were Ross and Madison in the Cowboys game. Ross got hurt in that game and Madison has been out since the first Patriots game. However both played and held up against the Packers. Another week and they would be feeling even better.

The only real injury concerns we have our Kevin Dockery. Has missed the entire playoffs and was ruled out two days before the Packers game. Normally our nickel CB, but with the emergence of Webster this postseason, if he didn't play it wouldn't be the end of the world. The other is Rich Seubert. Hurt his knee during the game and didn't come back. Grey Ruegamer can fill in and we wouldn't miss Rich terribly, but if someone else went down in the interior O-line, we would be in trouble. O'Hara was gimpy as well but played through it. Even if it was only a week, O'Hara would be out there.