Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Chicago Bears Team Forum

Chicago Bears Team Forum Discuss Ditka and Da Bears

Old 01-22-2008, 04:07 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bears interrested in Flacco!

Quote:
MOBILE, Ala. - Delaware quarterback Joe Flacco, standing almost 6 feet 6 inches, towered over center as he lined up for Senior Bowl practice Monday. After the session concluded, Flacco sized up his chances of becoming a Chicago Bear.

"I've heard they have an interest," Flacco said with a smile. "I heard they were at the [NCAA Division I Football Championship Subdivision] title game to see me play.

"That would be great, to go to Chicago. It's a little cold there, but I wouldn't worry too much about it."

Bears coach Lovie Smith had a front-row view of Flacco as he fired passes during the North team's practice, conducted by the Oakland Raiders staff.

Flacco looked more impressive than the other two QBs on his team—USC's John David Booty and Michigan's Chad Henne.
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune....989494.s tory

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like a valid option for the bears, he might even be available in the second, so the first can be spent elsewhere.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 06:42 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets hope late 3rd.

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Funny about him looking better. I have heard it from all angles- Scott says John David Booty (USC), NFL Network (Mike Maycock) says Chad Henne (Michigan), and this says Joe Flacco (Div. 1-AA Delaware). All three north team quarterbacks have been said to be the best. Guess I will just have to watch the practices myself.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 08:56 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
looks like a valid option for the bears, he might even be available in the second, so the first can be spent elsewhere.
There's no bloody way in hell we're spending a 1st rounder on Flacco. I wouldn't even spend a 2nd.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 09:02 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
There's no bloody way in hell we're spending a 1st rounder on Flacco. I wouldn't even spend a 2nd.
maybe the 2nd....but no way the first. im hoping 3rd after an OT and WR or something
Old 01-23-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
pellepelle_10
Veteran

pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.pellepelle_10 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
maybe the 2nd....but no way the first. im hoping 3rd after an OT and WR or something
I'm hoping 3rd after RB and OT given we don't land Turner or Derrick Ward.
Old 01-23-2008, 01:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have also been talking to Colt. I don't see a good match for him there in that offense. It's probably a mutual feeling with Bears fans, I wouldn't expect anything else. But yeah, they are one of the teams listed as talking to him extensively.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:54 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea, throw a 185 pound QB behind an OL that can't block... that'd be a great decision.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
yea, throw a 185 pound QB behind an OL that can't block... that'd be a great decision.
Well its not like Colt is a complete statue. He's got some escapability and he could bulk up while we groom him on the bench like Tom Brady (who was disgustingly skinny when he was drafted). Im not advocating picking him or anything im just saying its not ridiculous.

Also according to JA, our Oline is "formidable" which of course scares the crap out of me if he actually believes that. Hopefully his recent emphasis on skill positions and becoming more "dynamic" on offense is just smokescreen for upgrading the Oline in a big way. I think we need to become more competent on offense first and foremost, Im looking at you Fred Miller.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Bighead734
Veteran

Bighead734 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If we can get Flacco in the 3rd round I'd be happy, but I agree that we need to address OL and RB before we address the QB position, especially with Erik Ainge, Chad Henne and Booty all likely available in the 2nd-3rd rounds.

The One Man Fastbreak and Illini Legend Dee Brown
Bighead734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 05:35 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighead734 View Post
If we can get Flacco in the 3rd round I'd be happy, but I agree that we need to address OL and RB before we address the QB position, especially with Erik Ainge, Chad Henne and Booty all likely available in the 2nd-3rd rounds.
Def. Flacco isn't worth more than a 3rd round, and only then because of his massive upside.

OL, RB, QB, WR. in that order.
God JA's gonna **** it up.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 06:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco has looked terrible this week, confirming my original opinion that Josh Johnson is the QB more worth taking a gamble on.

He's tall. That's about it.

Old 01-25-2008, 06:13 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think, based on the reports, that he's had a good enough week to potentially be a 2nd rounder, and if he has a strong personal workout, might have a sleeper shot into the first round.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 10:00 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i heard on espn earlier today (and no, with it being espn i dont put too much stock in it)

but they were saying teams might even be thinking flacco as a late first rounder. too high imo....id stay away from him there
Old 01-26-2008, 12:37 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I just don't see how you would invest a 1st rounder in Flacco. Unless you've got the time to sit him for a good two years, the payoff isn't there. Even still I don't think he'll ever develop the way some do.

I'm just not seeing what other people are I guess.

Last edited by bearsfan_51 : 01-26-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just don't see how you would invest a 1st rounder in Flacco. Unless you've got the time to sit him for a good two years, the payoff isn't there. Even still I don't think he'll ever develop the way some do.

I'm just not seeing what other people are I guess.
He's Big Ben 2.0. He has a great arm, good pocket presence and escape-ability, has great size, and is very knowledgeable in the game of football.

I probably wouldn't invest a 1st rounder in him, but I sure would invest a 2nd rounder in him.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:47 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i bet this made Smokey Joe wet himself

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 03:51 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
He's Big Ben 2.0. He has a great arm, good pocket presence and escape-ability, has great size, and is very knowledgeable in the game of football.

I probably wouldn't invest a 1st rounder in him, but I sure would invest a 2nd rounder in him.
Big Ben was insanely productive at a D1 school. Flacco had to trasfer out of Pittsburgh because he couldn't beat out Tyler Palko and that kid that ended up at Akron.

I don't think he has good pocet presence or escable-ability at all. His footwork needs work, he doesn't seem like he has good instincts, or that he really is comfortable operating an NFL offense.

He's got a good deep-ball, but even that lacks accuracy and touch. He honestly reminds me of Kyle Orton but with even worse decision making skills and no college pedigree.

I wouldn't touch him before the 4th round.

Old 01-26-2008, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

palko at akron? what?
Old 01-26-2008, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
palko at akron? what?
There were three QB's at Akron. Palko, some kid that ended up at Akron (is now on the Niners practice squad) and Flacco. As I recall, Flacco was behind both of them.

Old 01-27-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
DaBear89
Rookie

DaBear89 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
There were three QB's at Akron. Palko, some kid that ended up at Akron (is now on the Niners practice squad) and Flacco. As I recall, Flacco was behind both of them.
and Tom Brady sat behind Drew Henson...just sayin'
DaBear89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBear89 View Post
and Tom Brady sat behind Drew Henson...just sayin'
and Brian Griese...

Old 01-27-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think you mean Pittsburgh... Palko and Flacco went to Pitt

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 12:34 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
i think you mean Pittsburgh... Palko and Flacco went to Pitt
yeah thats why i asked that....